Options

1,400 children abused in Rotherham by primarily Pakistani men

Comments

• Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    No wonder Ed Miliband is silent. As MP for Doncaster North since 2005, the matter is not a little sensitive.

In 2009, the government ordered a takeover of Doncaster's children's services after the deaths of seven children in the district through abuse or neglect over five years. Less than a year later a serious case review found that attacks in the nearby town of Edlington in which two young boys were tortured by two brothers, aged 11 and 12, had been "preventable". In 2012 Doncaster Council was told by Michael Gove it was to be stripped of children's services due to a "legacy of failure" and in July 2013 Gove ruled an independent trust would run children's services in Doncaster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-27275157
  • Options
    warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think that the people on here who are unable to distinguish between the actions of a small minority and the characteristics of an entire race are just as responsible for this abuse as the police and social workers. If it wasn't for this racist attitude there would be no need for 'political correctness' in the first place.

Islam is not a race.
    The characteristics of Islam include the oppression of women.
    If it wasn't for idiots like you, this would have been stopped years ago.
    As Britain collapses into inevitable chaos, civil war, and jihad in the streets, Blair, Cameron, May and the rest, and all the dreary Sarah Browns (one of the proprietors of the Leftist dhimmi hate site Harry’s Place) among their dreary, dreary supporters, can congratulate themselves that as they bring down a once-great civilization upon their own heads, at least no one will think that they were “racist.”
    http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/08/uk-1400-non-muslim-children-exploited-by-muslim-rape-gangs-authorities-did-nothing-for-fear-of-being-thought-as-racist
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Page after page of blaming and political point scoring

Very little sympathy expressed for the poor victims. Which, to my mind, is pretty shocking.
    It's like reading a Stormfront website sometimes.

And that is exactly what you are doing.
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Page after page of blaming and political point scoring

Very little sympathy expressed for the poor victims. Which, to my mind, is pretty shocking.
    It's like reading a Stormfront website sometimes.

Politics is right at the centre of this abuse scandal, and this a political forum.
    What did you expect to see ? :confused:
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    Can't you detect the anger in the comments stems from the outrage at what happened to these children?
    Not especially. It's all about how they are Muslims and how Mohammed was a paedo which is why they did it.
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mail wrote:

Disgraced former Labour politician Denis MacShane has admitted that he shied away from investigating allegations of a child sex abuse scandal in Rotherham because he is a 'true Guardian reader' and did not want to 'rock the multi-cultural boat'.

The former MP, who resigned as MP in 2012 over the expenses scandal, said ‘misplaced racial sensitivity’ prevented him from 'burrowing into' the widespread sexual abuse allegations and oppression of women in the Muslim community.

He made the comments after a damning child protection report found 1,400 children were sexually exploited in the town by gangs - most of them of Pakistani origin - between 1997 and 2013.

A group of 'influential' Pakistani councillors were accused in the report by a council officer of blocking attempts to tackle the abuse and also meddling in domestic abuse cases involving Asian women in the town.

Mr McShane said: 'I think probably [I didn’t do as much as I could]. I think that I should have burrowed into it.

'Perhaps yes, as a true Guardian reader, and liberal leftie, I suppose I didn’t want to raise that too hard.'

He also told the BBC: 'I think there was a culture of not wanting to rock the multi-cultural community boat if I may put it like that.'

But Mr McShane insisted today that no individual came to see him about the allegations and that he once had a 'huge row' with a fellow MP when the issue was probed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2735194/Girls-young-11-doused-petrol-told-raped-next.html#ixzz3Bcdky1pA
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's hard to believe I am hearing this stuff. Imagine saying that about multiculturalism ten years ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11059643/Denis-MacShane-I-was-too-much-of-a-liberal-leftie-and-should-have-done-more-to-investigate-child-abuse.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/rotherham-sex-abuse-disgraced-ex-mp-4118695
  • Options
    Forum Member

And unfortunately he is still hopelessly wrong.

Quote:

“Nobody pursued Jimmy Saville, nobody pursued Rolf Harris, nobody pursued Cyril Smith, nobody pursued Mrs Thatcher’s sidekick we now learn was a depraved predatory monster. There is in our country just a dreadful culture and I wouldn’t pick particular on one ethnic community but it is a real problem, it’s a longer story about the nature of that community, their sexual relations, and the way they treat women in particular within that community".

Actually, children. Every case quoted is about the abuse of children. So how is that "the way they treat women in particular within that community"? That is, anywhere other than in Harriet Harman's brain? The rights of children should always come first. The rights of women, which in some areas are indeed non-existent, should be second.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And unfortunately he is still hopelessly wrong.

Quote:

“Nobody pursued Jimmy Saville, nobody pursued Rolf Harris, nobody pursued Cyril Smith, nobody pursued Mrs Thatcher’s sidekick we now learn was a depraved predatory monster. There is in our country, just a dreadful culture and I wouldn’t pick particular on one ethnic community but it is a real problem, it’s a longer story about the nature of that community, their sexual relations, and the way they treat women in particular within that community".

Actually, children. Every case quoted is about the abuse of children. So how is that "the way they treat women in particular within that community" anywhere other than in Harriet Harman's brain? The rights of children should always come first and the rights of women, which in some areas are indeed non-existent, should be second.
    You have to wonder if some of the rapists who haven't been charged have "connections".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    You have to wonder if some of the rapists who haven't been charged have "connections".

Yes - absolutely.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Connections or no connections, how can someone let a rapist get away.
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I despise about the reporting of the situation in Rotherham (the town will now be tainted as the BBC has with child abuse) is how if you have a perceived bias against one group, you could quite easily turn public anger against said group.

If you dislike the Labour party, its easy fodder to blame the whole party;
    If you are xenophobic, you could easily tag this to immigrants for your own vested interest.
    I have even seen feminists attempt to link child abuse to men in an attempt to link all men with the heinous events in Rotherham.

I think what we should be doing is awaiting an independent, impartial inquiry rather than point scoring in what is a situation so grave in its gravity.
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How disgusting that these vulnerable children have been sacrificed on the altar of political correctness because the establishment refuse to admit that their experiment of mass immigration/multiculturalism has been an unmitigated disaster.:cry:>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Connections or no connections, how can someone let a rapist get away.
    Given the number of high profile people who have turned out to be child rapists recently, you have to wonder if there is a connection between this & other similar cases and them.
  • Options
    angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member

I think what we should be doing is awaiting an independent, impartial inquiry rather than point scoring in what is a situation so grave in its gravity.

We've just had an independent, impartial Inquiry. How many more do you require before you accept the findings?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thing I despise about the reporting of the situation in Rotherham (the town will now be tainted as the BBC has with child abuse) is how if you have a perceived bias against one group, you could quite easily turn public anger against said group.

If you dislike the Labour party, its easy fodder to blame the whole party;
    If you are xenophobic, you could easily tag this to immigrants for your own vested interest.
    I have even seen feminists attempt to link child abuse to men in an attempt to link all men with the heinous events in Rotherham.

I agree but..........the connection between them all is leverage.

It is a cancer in a system which gives legal clout to some and not others.

I think it does a disservice to those who are not as legally privileged if the nature of those overly privileged and abusive groups isn't emphasised. All are far more protected by the law than is any average Joe or Josephine.
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not especially. It's all about how they are Muslims and how Mohammed was a paedo which is why they did it.

Well I think the vast majority of people are extremely angry. Not just with the offenders but those in a position of power to stop it.

Yes, you will now get extremist views and generalisations to score points - but ignore those, not the issue.

I'm a white European male, and don't get offended when other white European males get charged with a range of crimes. I hope people don't assume I'm like them.

Likewise, there's a section of the Pakistani community that has beliefs that made this acceptable, and is going on elsewhere in the world and no doubt elsewhere in the UK. It's not something to sweep under the carpet, and not something to use to tarnish everyone else.

There are people who 'misuse' all religions and none more so than IS(IS) and other extreme groups. Some of these have an outrageous view of others, but we seem to be allowed to get upset with people if they're not in the UK. Sometimes I'm surprised we're willing to talk about UK citizens going to fight abroad, but maybe that's also okay because we can pretend they're not really part of our society.

It's seriously messed up, and this story is going to grow. There will turn out to be many more than 1,400 victims I have no doubt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angarrack wrote: »
    We've just had an independent, impartial Inquiry. How many more do you require before you accept the findings?
    How about people stick to the findings rather than take advantage of the knowledge of 1,400 victims of child abuse for immoral cheap point scoring against their ideological opposites?
  • Options
    MeercamMeercam Posts: 1,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Well at least we can rel;y on your hatred of Labour to get in the way of facts. Slightly poor taste to use these disgusting events to score political points but I guess what we've come to expect.

Well, we can at least rely on you to make a personal attack rather than contribute to at discussion about 1,400 children being abused.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,238
    Forum Member
    I recognise that version of history and you perhaps could add that it was under Ted Heath that the Ugandan Asians came. In fact, families from that background have a photo of him in their living rooms with a bouquet of flowers.

I make no apologies for being relaxed about immigration into this country until Blair, ever since when I have been increasingly against. The pace of it has been too rapid - and it is the EU dimension which worries me most. I do not believe we can sensibly have an open door policy to all of Europe (although we could to the original 9-12 countries).

Personally I feel we the public are given no idea about who is coming into EU from other continents and once in, say, southern Italy or Greece, heading directly to Britain. For example, when did Somalians start arriving in huge numbers, how and why? The position has become as ridiculous as Harman "dealing" with Rotherham by Tweet.

As for Ukraine, if I was younger, I would sign up to a rebel force to keep them out of EU if necessary. I have never been so vehemently against an idea in international politics. I hate the idea of them joining. It makes me very angry.

The Ugandan asians were a seperate one off "incident". Idi Amin expelled them from Uganda, they had British passports and Heath allowed them to come to the UK, no problem with me either.

I did think that allowing 10 new EU countries to join the EU in general in 2004 was too much too soon and Labour should definitely have put the 7 year controls on too. I was saying that to a MEP in 2002 too!

There was 2 Million jobs going unfulfilled up until 2004 but that was because so many working class families were choosing not to work because they were getting so much in benefits, esp the tax credits/child tax credits system. Labour should not have given out so much in benefits and made those choosing not to go to work to go and work or face a cut in benefits.
  • Options
    angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member
    How about people stick to the findings rather than take advantage of the knowledge of 1,400 victims of child abuse for immoral cheap point scoring against their ideological opposites?

Agreed, but why are you saying "wait for an impartial independent Inquiry" when we've just had one?
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This irony is that the 1400 victims people here are using as political capital are the same chavs and scroungers they delight in vilifying day after day. Pathetic.
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Ed is getting tough. He's given the Labour police commissioner until tomorrow to resign or he will be suspended from the Labour party.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angarrack wrote: »
    Agreed, but why are you saying "wait for an impartial independent Inquiry" when we've just had one?
    It's going to be inevitable sadly that there will be more victims which could change the outcome of any conclusion based on newly emerged facts. Better to have all the facts to hand instead of point scoring.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,238
    Forum Member
    So Ed is getting tough. He's given the Labour police commissioner until tomorrow to resign or he will be suspended from the Labour party.

Shaun Wright was in the job for 5 of the 16 years these abuses were going on so the media and political world should be asking questions over all people who had a responsibility to investigate and bring culprits to justice, not just single out this guy.