Options

Does anyone remember on the Series 4 website

FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
Forum Member
They had the jigsaws we used to spend hours on just to get a script extract of the upcoming episode? And the comic maker?

Not to forget that K-9 game which was in a birds-eye view and he had to dodge the armies of Cybermen. I forgot what that game is called :confused::confused:

Then the BBC took over the site :D

Comments

• Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    I do remember that there seemed to be more effort put into the site when the series was actually on. I particularly remember during series 3 (not sure if the same for series 4) there was a moving picture type thing in trbute of the coming weeks episode.

For some reason I particularly remember the one for the week leading up to utopia. you came on the site and there, big and bold on the front page was jack being pulled through the vortex,and you even heard his scream.

I miss when they used to go to such effort. Was always interesting to see what the new page would be. Now it seems they don't care as much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I remember there was a trailer maker on there using clips from all four series. I wasted so many hours of my life on that thing...
  • Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember there was a trailer maker on there using clips from all four series. I wasted so many hours of my life on that thing...

So did I, it was great!
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a really good Dalek game as well where you had to get a Dalek from Van Statten's bunker - 10 level platform game, was the best feeling EVER when I finished that.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Would that be around the time that a lot of BBC Digital's funding was pulled out from under them, and lots of sites were cut and archived?
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't they used to post up episode commentaries after they'd aired during series 4 or did I imagine it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    The thing I don't get is that Doctor Who is one of the BBC's biggest shows. Surely the merchandise alone should be able to fund a decent website and get us more episodes (I'm bitter that we've got a 12 rather than a 13 ep run this year)
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 1 was almost 80 minutes. So that's about 10 minutes less than 13 episodes. Hardly a huge loss.
  • Options
    PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Episode 1 was almost 80 minutes. So that's about 10 minutes less than 13 episodes. Hardly a huge loss.

Apparently, some of the other episodes are a couple of minutes longer. If true, than the amount of minutes in the series 8 run will be pretty much the same as in series 1-7. :)
  • Options
    sheffieldersheffielder Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love the extra web content during series 2, there were mini sites for Cybus Industries, the school (Defry Vale? Something like that) basically any organisation mentioned in the series had a web presence, made it feel like the online team were really enjoying the series, and enjoying themselves!
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    They had the jigsaws we used to spend hours on just to get a script extract of the upcoming episode? And the comic maker?

Not to forget that K-9 game which was in a birds-eye view and he had to dodge the armies of Cybermen. I forgot what that game is called :confused::confused:

Then the BBC took over the site :D

The jigsaws are still there, just look under "fun and games"
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would that be around the time that a lot of BBC Digital's funding was pulled out from under them, and lots of sites were cut and archived?

This was the same for the EastEnders