Options

1,400 children abused in Rotherham by primarily Pakistani men

Comments

• Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    angarrack wrote: »
    These crimes have invariably been looked at and discussed in isolation as if there were no common ground between events in Bradford and events in Rotherham or Oxford or the many other towns where they have taken place.

The question that arises is whether they are all linked or whether each has arisen spontaneously.

Does it perhaps arise out of the ease with which taxi firms, burger stalls, and slum landlords can conspire together to exploit vulnerable children on the streets? From what I've read these appear to be the frequently common elements in conjunction with the ethnicity of perpetrators and victims. Does word get around from place to place, thus spreading the incidence around the country where similar situations exist, or is it spontaneous? I haven't read the report so I don't know whether that has been touched on.

To protect "community cohesion" the policy was to allow rape and paedophilia. Yes I doubt that Rotherham came up with that idea. The resignation of the police commissioner reeks of a scapegoat. The fact that many other Northern Labour towns with similar characteristics have taken the same path suggests that instructions from above HAVE to be responsible for this dire calamity. It seems massively unlikely they'd all come up with the same head-in-sand policy.
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    The Lefty-liberal way of thinking is now so deeply embedded in our social services, police etc that it will be very difficult to eradicate. These people (many of them products/hangovers from the Blair years) either genuinely believe that Asians/Muslims simply cannot be guilty of any crime, or that even if they are they cannot be held to account for 'cultural reasons'. This is very dangerous and has already led to a divided society and enormous resentment in some areas. It needs to stop now, before the lid blows off.

Don't know if you saw SkyNews this morning.....Yasmin Alibhai-Brown was reviewing the papers and she said in her opinion the perpetrators believed there was nothing wrong in what they did. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    This is a common misunderstanding. The left don't particularly love Islam, however they will generally support the right of Muslims to practise their religion peacefully and to be treated the same as any other follower of a religion.

Every time there's a Muslim atrocity, terrorist attack, trojan horse or whatever the Guardian will put up an article defending them. Quite disgusting really. They even blamed Boko Haram, not on Islam, but Climate Change!

The problem is the left don't only support peaceful muslims, they support the criminals as well, as we've seen with the cover up of these rapists for 14 years. I still can't get over the story of them catching a 12 year old being abused and arresting HER for being drunk. And arresting family members who went to rescue them. It beggars belief.
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muslims aren't getting special treatment. Some officials were apparently reluctant to follow up these abuse allegations in case they were accused of racism because the perpetrators were Asian. That is not giving anyone special treatment, it is simply cowardice.

This is a common misunderstanding. The left don't particularly love Islam, however they will generally support the right of Muslims to practise their religion peacefully and to be treated the same as any other follower of a religion.

You obviously missed McShanes statement, yesterday, when he said that as one time MP for Huddersfield, that though he'd never had anything reported to him directly, what he knew about had resulted in him taking a too left-wing liberal stance and failing to do anything.
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Don't know if you saw SkyNews this morning.....Yasmin Alibhai-Brown was reviewing the papers and she said in her opinion the perpetrators believed there was nothing wrong in what they did. >:(

Yes I caught some of her preposterous rant.
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to know how widespread it is, take a look at this. Shocking. http://kafircrusaders.wordpress.com/muslim-grooming-paedo-map/
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »

I'm pleased I didn't see it otherwise I would have ended up smashing the TV.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which is fine and dandy up to the point where that support includes willfully turning a blind eye to the grooming and gang rape of vulnerable children and concerted smearing campaigns and intimidation against those who try to raise the alarm.

I think it may be time for "the left" to take a long hard look in the mirror and re-assess their presumed sense of moral superiority.

Judging from the response to this scandal (wordplay, denial and pedantry) I won't be holding my breath.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,607
    Forum Member
    Boyard wrote: »
    Every time there's a Muslim atrocity, terrorist attack, trojan horse or whatever the Guardian will put up an article defending them.
    Really? Can you provide a link to where the Guardian has defended a terrorist attack?
    The problem is the left don't only support peaceful muslims, they support the criminals as well, as we've seen with the cover up of these rapists for 14 years
    This seems to be more about race than religion, Muslims being mostly Asian. In any case those responsible for this appalling cover-up are not representative of the Left generally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which is fine and dandy up to the point where that support includes willfully turning a blind eye to the grooming and gang rape of vulnerable children and concerted smearing campaigns and intimidation against those who try to raise the alarm.

I think it may be time for "the left" to take a long hard look in the mirror and re-assess their presumed sense of moral superiority.
    The only people who need to take "a long hard look in the mirror" are those responsible for not taking action when they should have done. The Left generally has nothing to be ashamed of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The only people who need to take "a long hard look in the mirror" are those responsible for not taking action when they should have done. The Left generally has nothing to be ashamed of.

But don't you see it's the left's attitude of labeling people racist and Islamophobic over every little thing that made the council fearful of speaking out as documented in the report? I'm sorry but the culture the left have promoted does play a big part in the cover-up of this.

Interestingly 1997 was just about when Tony Blair opened the immigration floodgates... coincidence? Funny how he now spends most of his time abroad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Denial. As expected. I suspect the majority who are not affiliated to any wing would see this differently.

This is the same council/social work department where experienced foster carers where removed from the register for being "right wing" (ie: UKiP voters) and thus "unfit to be looking after children".

I put it to you that it is Rotherham social work department/ Council (which appears to place more emphasis on left wing political motivations than childcare) that has proven itself to be "unfit".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Denial. As expected. I suspect the majority who are not affiliated to any wing would see this differently.

This is the same council/social work department where experienced foster carers where removed from the register for being "right wing" (ie: UKiP voters) and thus "unfit to be looking after children".

I put it to you that it is Rotherham social work department/ Council (which appears to place more emphasis on left wing political motivations than childcare) that has proven itself to be "unfit".

Even if that was true (and the reporting of the UKIP case may not be entirely accurate), it would be ludicrous to suggest that the whole of the Left is responsible for what happened in Rotherham.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But don't you see it's the left's attitude of labeling people racist and Islamophobic over every little thing that made the council fearful of speaking out as documented in the report? I'm sorry but the culture the left have promoted does play a big part in the cover-up of this.
    The term "the left" covers a very broad section of the population, most of whom do not label people as racist or Islamophobic without good reason. And being fearful of speaking out is no excuse for ignoring the abuse of children. I can only repeat that the only people to blame are those who failed to take action when they should have done.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time there's a Muslim atrocity, terrorist attack, trojan horse or whatever the Guardian will put up an article defending them. Quite disgusting really. They even blamed Boko Haram, not on Islam, but Climate Change!

The problem is the left don't only support peaceful muslims, they support the criminals as well, as we've seen with the cover up of these rapists for 14 years. I still can't get over the story of them catching a 12 year old being abused and arresting HER for being drunk. And arresting family members who went to rescue them. It beggars belief.

"The left" don't support criminals. Otherwise the prisons would have been emptied during the Blare years (or is Labour only left when it suits you?). These people in Rotherham are incompetent corrupt fools if they thought hiding child abuse on an industrial scale was good for their political party.

Amazing as you might find it, the left are mostly law abiding citizens like everyone else, and expect the police and social services to do their jobs. Most people of all political parties and none are disgusted by these events.

The law should be colour blind, only an idiot would think that means blind to crimes by people of colour.

Just like it is easy to tar all Muslims of Pakistani origin with the same brush, it is also easy to tar the left as all the same. Neither is correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The term "the left" covers a very broad section of the population, most of whom do not label people as racist or Islamophobic without good reason. And being fearful of speaking out is no excuse for ignoring the abuse of children. I can only repeat that the only people to blame are those who failed to take action when they should have done.

You put it far more concisely than I did!
  • Options
    crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We the public got give a multicultural society through the back door. No vote, no nothing! We now have asian communities not intergrating and turning against white people by rapping them. Not everyone walks around with racist on there head but the majority of asians in britain dont integrate dont want to and are causing division.they are racist. Im not talking about 2nd, 3rd generation im talking about recent 10.20 year immigration with people who choose not to speak English.
    Smell the coffee this country is getting divided and will soon have big internal problems. Harsh but true
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if that was true (and the reporting of the UKIP case may not be entirely accurate), it would be ludicrous to suggest that the whole of the Left is responsible for what happened in Rotherham.

Again: as expected.

Dismissal of uncomfortable truths as "possibly not accurate" or "exagerated" was exactly the attitude that led to the situation we are discussing today.

Lessons will most definitely not be learned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Again: as expected.

Dismissal of uncomfortable truths as "possibly not accurate" or "exagerated" was exactly the attitude that led to the situation we are discussing today.

But you're assuming that what was originally reported about the UKIP foster parents was the truth. It now appears that it wasn't. And if I knew that something was definitely true, I would not dismiss it because it was "uncomfortable".

And you haven't addressed my point that it would be ludicrous to suggest that the whole of the Left are responsible for what happened in Rotherham.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crystallad wrote: »
    We the public got give a multicultural society through the back door. No vote, no nothing! We now have asian communities not intergrating and turning against white people by rapping them. Not everyone walks around with racist on there head but the majority of asians in britain dont integrate dont want to and are causing division.they are racist. Im not talking about 2nd, 3rd generation im talking about recent 10.20 year immigration with people who choose not to speak English.
    Smell the coffee this country is getting divided and will soon have big internal problems. Harsh but true

Don't you think it's ironic that you try to highlight a trend, but feel the need to exclude 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants? No much of a trend is it if you can only point at recent immigrants as the cause of the problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a very wild generalisation you've come up with there.
  • Options
    crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a very wild generalisation you've come up with there.

Are you suggesting there are not parts of britain taken over by ethnic minorities?
  • Options
    Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you suggesting there are not parts of britain taken over by ethnic minorities?

Not in Aberystwyth, therefore it can't be happening anywhere.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What rubbish, 'the left' which includes quite a few people on here are guilty of creating a climate of fear, where nothing and no one is allowed to speak out for fear of rocking the multicultural boat.
    Not one word of condemnation of what went on Rotherham, and/or acknowledging that a sizeable minority of men of Pakistani origin have an unsavoury attitude towards white British women/girls unless its forced and with a caveat of 'what about the catholic church...'
  • Options
    Forum Member

I was more referring to your absurd claim that "the majority of asians in britain dont integrate dont want to and are causing division.they are racist"