'City Cars' - Opinions

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    One of my neighbours is a police dog handler and I see his dog all the time.Long haired German Shepherd like yours.Friendly dog,as long as I don't look at him 'in a funny way'.;-)

Mines as daft as a brush, he has a girlfriend now, a black lab of a near neighbour.

He loves people but barks with excitement when people come into the house, his mouth is knacker height, but most friends know him:D:D

Off topic anyway:)
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    I like a good curry mind.With garlic and coriander nan bread.:p

Sounds good to me! :cool:
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with the Toyota or the i10.

For me the i10 would be a lot more tempting if there was a 3 door version.

I suppose the Kia Picanto is worth considering in this regard.
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The i10 is quite good, especially the revised 2014 model. I would pick the 1.2 petrol over the 1.0 though. I understand it share the same 1.2 petrol motor with the current Kia picanto (Kia calls it a 1.25, but the hyundia spec reveals they are the same).

Even nicer, the vw up, which is near identical and shares all key parts and engines with the seat mii and skoda Citigo. I would pick the uprated 1.0 petrol (75ps) engine over the entry level 1.0 petrol (60ps). Very economical cars...the faster one is not much less economical than the slower one. Very nice cabin inside, and a fraction more cabin & boot space compared with the 2014 i10. The ride quality is also quite smooth as well. Personally I think the skoda Citigo version is the most neutral looking, while the seat mii version is attempting to look a tad more masculin/sporty.

If your after a manual car, I would pick the vw up, seat mii, skoda Citigo over the 2014 i10 everytime. But things are less clear if you want an automatic version. The 2014 i10 has a proper automatic gearbox, while the vw up, mii, Citigo all use a common automated single clutch system with 5 speeds.

Verdict, if u want a manual, go for the vw up, mii, Citigo. If u want automatic, get the 2014 i10.

The Toyota Aygo and it's relations were recently upgraded in a major way. So I don't know what this group is like yet, certainly the cars above are better than the old model Aygo and it's comrades, the Citroen c1 and pug 107, simply because these are quite old designs now. That said, they are fun to drive and remind me of the original mini. They are also cheap with loads of used ones around, and still very economical.
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    The UP is a great little car.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    David (2) wrote: »
    Even nicer, the vw up, which is near identical and shares all key parts and engines with the seat mii and skoda Citigo. I would pick the uprated 1.0 petrol (75ps) engine over the entry level 1.0 petrol (60ps). Very economical cars...the faster one is not much less economical than the slower one. Very nice cabin inside, and a fraction more cabin & boot space compared with the 2014 i10. The ride quality is also quite smooth as well. Personally I think the skoda Citigo version is the most neutral looking, while the seat mii version is attempting to look a tad more masculin/sporty.

If your after a manual car, I would pick the vw up, seat mii, skoda Citigo over the 2014 i10 everytime. But things are less clear if you want an automatic version. The 2014 i10 has a proper automatic gearbox, while the vw up, mii, Citigo all use a common automated single clutch system with 5 speeds.

Verdict, if u want a manual, go for the vw up, mii, Citigo. If u want automatic, get the 2014 i10.
    Elyan wrote: »
    The UP is a great little car.

I just joined Which on a £1 month's trial to see what they have to say. They lump 'city cars' in with superminis but both the Up! and its Citigo sister are rated 'best buy' in that category.

I'm not the worst badge snob in the world but I know which of the two I'm more likely to want to buy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    A motorcycle!
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Arcana wrote: »
    I just joined Which on a £1 month's trial to see what they have to say. They lump 'city cars' in with superminis but both the Up! and its Citigo sister are rated 'best buy' in that category.

I'm not the worst badge snob in the world but I know which of the two I'm more likely to want to buy.

The 'High Up' model is the one I'd go for.

It has a fair number of extras and the alloys look good. Retail is around £12.5k with the three year servicing deal, but you could get it for £11k to £11.5k I reckon.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Probably the Hyundai but not sure I consider any of them particularly girly?

The Fiat Panda is hideous though.

I like the Fiat - it doesn't try to be anything except a small car

Pity they never put any of the more powerful engines in it as used by the 500 - though I would suspect it would harm 500 sales