Options

Audley gets a warning over Kellie nominating reason

Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
Forum Member
✭✭
Audley has been given a warning over his reasons for nominating Kellie

Housemates nominated for the first time last night, face to face – and Audley has been given a warning over his reasons for nominating Kellie. Audley nominated Kellie and Leslie.

After the nominations had ended, Audley talked to Kellie to discuss his reasons for nominating her. Audley’s reasons for his nominations were that he thought she should leave as the world was ready for her as Kellie, he wants her to set up a fight for him and that he sometimes feels uncomfortable around her and that he didn’t want to share a bath with her.

Kellie got upset by what Audley said and eventually told him to pi** off, while Audley was trying to explain his reasons for nominating her. Audley replies and says that he is working through his discomfort.

After talking with Audley, Kellie visited the Diary Room to talk to Big Brother. Kellie tells Big Brother that Audley’s reasons for nominating her were stupid. ‘I don’t feel annoyed, I feel cheated.’ she says.

Later in the evening, Audley is called to the Diary Room and was given a warning about his reasons for nominating Kellie. Audley tried to explain his thinking and said that he has known Kellie as Frank for 20-30 years and that the change has shocked him and all the boxing fraternity.

He says: ‘I think anyone would be crazy to suggest that you just switch and make the adjustment, it’s going to take time.’

Celebrity Big Brother continues tonight at 9pm

http://bigbrother247.co.uk/day-11-audley-warned-over-kellie-nominations-reasons/

Comments

• Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it .

warned for what ?
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sportsmen in the real world get suspended over similar comments.

He's so dumb.
  • Options
    goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He shouldn't have been warned for that.
  • Options
    **JennaJ****JennaJ** Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    Warned for having a open, honest and frank reason?.......Well done Big Brother!.....:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing illustrates the absurdity of Big Brother quite like this nonsense.
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    I don't get why he was warned it human nature to feel like he dose ........personally I think Kellie/Frank is not at ease with his/herself so why should Audley be!
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it .

warned for what ?

Not wanting to get in the bath with Malloney

It must be compulsory
  • Options
    SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Called it. I'm waiting to hear his entire explanation but the fraction I heard sounded really really bad. Not at all surprised some here are calling foul when I notice fms calling Kellie "he" or referring to him as male.

ETA: And by 'him' I mean her
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing illustrates the absurdity of Big Brother quite like this nonsense.

How utterly ridiculous to warn him over that. >:( His unease is natural, understandable and he deserves credit for being honest, yet supportive. What absolute bullshine >:(
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    achro wrote: »
    Sportsmen in the real world get suspended over similar comments.

He's so dumb.

What would be an example?
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Called it. I'm waiting to hear his entire explanation but the fraction I heard sounded really really bad. Not at all surprised some here are calling foul when I notice fms calling Kellie "he" or referring to him as male.

Don't you mean referring to 'her' as male ?
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be a tad odd when you've know someone as one gender for years, then out of the blue you meet them again and they are changing gender.

I wonder how the girls would feel sharing something intimate with Kellie.

I am in no way transphobic btw. It must be hard for Kellie at the moment as I don't think she's comfortable within her own skin. Until she is maybe CBB wasn't the best place for her at this moment in time. Just my own opinion of course.

:)
  • Options
    racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but having voice higher than oneself is valid.... I see
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He only got a warning because Kellie said to Audley that he was being transphobic and broke down in tears. If she hadn't said that, he wouldn't have been warned.

Very low blow from Kellie, she probably knew what would happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What sounded "really really bad"?

Anyway, I'm not familiar with the track record of all FMs, but certainly some of those "calling foul" on the warning haven't ever referred to Kellie as "he".
    hisdogspot wrote: »

Well spotted.

And that slip in the post shows how hard it is to always say the right thing.
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    He only got a warning because Kellie said to Audley that he was being transphobic and broke down in tears. If she hadn't said that, he wouldn't have been warned.

Very low blow from Kellie, she probably knew what would happen.

I agree..........it's pants
  • Options
    puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does he have to be punished for being honest about his feelings.

Its taken Frank his whole life to come to terms with this and admit it, so for others who have known him 20/30 years they should be given time as well and Kellie is going through a transition and still exhibiting Frank every now and then, it must be really difficult for others.

As a side note ... Kellie is in a transition phase now, she is still legally a man until she has an operation and they change the birth certificate, so what is wrong with someone still seeing her as a man during this phase? Or Audley feeling its strange in the bathroom/bathtub or if Audley or someone slips and says man to man. For example Kellie wouldn't be allowed to go into a female changing room or toilets? It's not fair because she has chosen to be a women and on the way but Kellie is still a man for now.
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another illustration of how stupid the warnings are. Blame the OFCOM whiners.
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

legally Kellie is a male, until Kellie has a sex change & is able to change the birth certificate.
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously it depends on what he said and how he said it.

But there is a real danger here that people who naturally have questions will be too scared to speak and the issue of transgender stays within the realms of taboo subjects.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's got to be the terminology or phrasing Audley used, surely, rather than the gist of his reason.
    If he said "Obviously I knew Kellie for a long time in very different circumstances before we both ended up in here and, although it's my problem, I'm really struggling to come to terms with it and confused as to how to approach them. So a selfish nom, but I would like Kelly to leave so I feel less awkward."
    Surely that would not be worth a warning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pondie84 wrote: »

Ofcom hardly every finds against BB.

Do you think BB should have to obey the same rules as every other show on tv, or should there be some kind of special exemption?
  • Options
    SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    Damn. :( But that wasn't deliberate. It was Freudian in the sense that I was thinking of posters insisting that she is male and I've read things like "she still has her bollocks." Ugh.
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyrah wrote: »
    legally Kellie is a male, until Kellie has a sex change & is able to change the birth certificate.

That may be true, but since when did we require laws for us to be respectful of one another?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pondie84 wrote: »

BB wasn't going to warn Audley, they only did when Kellie accused Audley of transphobia, so if BB hadn't warned him after Kellie said that, Ch5 would have been in big trouble they probably thought.