Options

Hollyoaks: John Paul storyline

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds as though that's Nancy's initial reaction but then we'll see scenes where I assume JP will talk to Nancy about what happened and she can comfort him.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    It sounds as though that's Nancy's initial reaction but then we'll see scenes where I assume JP will talk to Nancy about what happened and she can comfort him.

I really think this needs to happen. The JP rape story line needs some kind of redemption.
  • Options
    FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm finally watching the episode now.... I have to say I don't like anything about Nancy's wedding look; neither the outfit (what's that fishnet on her eyes?) not the hairdo. Not flattering!!
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I knew of course they would have Nancy blame JP as it is revealed in that episode and it would be hard for her not to considering how irresponsible he has been. Too bad they had to go this route.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I genuinely cheered John-Paul on.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Is there anyway I can watch tonight's E4 ep before tomorrow on C4?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Is there anyway I can watch tonight's E4 ep before tomorrow on C4?!

Look for Hollyoaks 29th august 2014 on You Tube, it's there!!
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Francy wrote: »
    Look for Hollyoaks 29th august 2014 on You Tube, it's there!!

Thankyou! Will watch now :)
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Why weren't Oscar, Charlie and Tom at the wedding?
  • Options
    Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually thought it a very good episode. I thought James was brilliant in it. You could see throughout the episode that JP was in turmoil & wanted to do the right thing, but was having difficulty finding the courage to speak up & then at the end when Nancy accused Finn he knew he had to get the words out & finally say it. You could also see how he was avoiding Ste's eye contact before he said it & the questioning look on Ste's face as he saw how distressed JP was. Really good acting all round & I'm looking forward to the continuation tomorrow.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually thought it a very good episode. I thought James was brilliant in it. You could see throughout the episode that JP was in turmoil & wanted to do the right thing, but was having difficulty finding the courage to speak up & then at the end when Nancy accused Finn he knew he had to get the words out & finally say it. You could also see how he was avoiding Ste's eye contact before he said it & the questioning look on Ste's face as he saw how distressed JP was. Really good acting all round & I'm looking forward to the continuation tomorrow.

Yeah, good episode I thought. The end was really good. Ste knew it was Finn before JP actually said anything.

I am glad Marianne that they said it will go on a few more months. I feel like this storyline is now just beginning again after that really long break.
  • Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree, the big swig on his drink spoke loads, and Ste so caring, clearly unsure if he should touch him or not, showed how broken JP is, and how he had just got his life back and it's all come tumbling down again

The scene on the sofa was so sweet, he was crying and Ste was watching him you just know that was the point that Ste really realised how broken JP is

We needed a lot more of that recently
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the big swig on his drink spoke loads, and Ste so caring, clearly unsure if he should touch him or not, showed how broken JP is, and how he had just got his life back and it's all come tumbling down again

The scene on the sofa was so sweet, he was crying and Ste was watching him you just know that was the point that Ste really realised how broken JP is

I completely agree - the scene where JP is comforting Nancy spoke volumes and I also noticed him take a swig of his drink.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I completely agree - the scene where JP is comforting Nancy spoke volumes and I also noticed him take a swig of his drink.

Yeah, I really liked the beginning scene with Ste and JP took when they were talking about how strong Nancy is. I can't wait until tomorrow's episode now. Both my soaps are going to have big episodes tomorrow and its a Friday all good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JP is going to need all the support he can get in the coming months. He'll have to speak about the rape in detail, go to court etc. But at least now it's in the open, and he can seek support (unlike before). Ste was very considerate and attentive towards JP tonight, I hope he can continue to be there for JP without his drug problem (which conveniently hasn't been mentioned lately) or the Sinead situation interfering.... but I don't really believe that. Of course they'll interfere, it wouldn't be HO otherwise!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Francy wrote: »
    JP is going to need all the support he can get in the coming months. He'll have to speak about the rape in detail, go to court etc. But at least now it's in the open, and he can seek support (unlike before). Ste was very considerate and attentive towards JP tonight, I hope he can continue to be there for JP without his drug problem (which conveniently hasn't been mentioned lately) or the Sinead situation interfering.... but I don't really believe that. Of course they'll interfere, it wouldn't be HO otherwise!

On Ste's drug problem I heard that it was Keiron who pushed to expand that storyline past where the producers wanted to initially go with it. Whether or not they'll keep going with that storyline is up in the air. That's the problem with expanding it beyond what was intended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Yeah, good episode I thought. The end was really good. Ste knew it was Finn before JP actually said anything.

I am glad Marianne that they said it will go on a few more months. I feel like this storyline is now just beginning again after that really long break.

Ste could clearly see how distressed JP was & kept looking at him intently when Nancy accused Finn. The whole time JP could not bring himself to look at Ste’s face as he knew Ste was beginning to realise that it was Finn who had raped him after all & that he had lied to him. I think that big swig from his drink spoke volumes. Just before he took that swig he told Finn It was over & for him to admit the truth to Nancy. Finn obviously was still trying to get out of it so JP took a big gulp of that drink to lend him courage to say the actual words out loud in front of everyone. I’m glad that he didn’t just blurt it out angrily. It took a lot for him to actually say it & you could see that. I thought James played it brilliantly & I really felt for JP.

I also agree about the scene on the sofa, you really could see that Nancy’s attack had taken a toll on JP & it really brought his own experience back to the surface. I also agree that Ste could see how broken it made JP & Ste was obviously very concerned for his welfare.

I’m also glad that James said the storyline would go on for a few months & it will not finish shortly after the reveal. The reveal & a satisfying conclusion to the storyline is really what the viewers have been waiting for & to explore how JP deals with the fact everyone now knows about the rape & having to stand up & say what happened that night. For it to finish prematurely would be the wrong thing to do. I really think they also should explore why Finn is the way he is. It appeared to me in yesterday’s episode when Finn was talking to Diane that he does not like what he has become but also knows he’s gone too far & needed to use any method however vile to protect his secret.

James also said Keith’s performances in the next couple of months are phenomenal. I just hope when James says the storyline will continue for a few months for JP he also means that Keith will be in it for a few months as well & not that Keith is only in it for two more months & then Hollyoaks will just show how JP deals with it post Finn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The tears rolling down his face while she was curled up to him, really made me sad for him, and thinking of how alone he was the whole time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tears rolling down his face while she was curled up to him, really made me sad for him, and thinking of how alone he was the whole time

Me too, I really felt for him & wanted to give him a hugg! :cry:
  • Options
    lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    Surprised that Jake Dean's name hasn't cropped up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ste could clearly see how distressed JP was & kept looking at him intently when Nancy accused Finn. The whole time JP could not bring himself to look at Ste’s face as he knew Ste was beginning to realise that it was Finn who had raped him after all & that he had lied to him. I think that big swig from his drink spoke volumes. Just before he took that swig he told Finn It was over & for him to admit the truth to Nancy. Finn obviously was still trying to get out of it so JP took a big gulp of that drink to lend him courage to say the actual words out loud in front of everyone. I’m glad that he didn’t just blurt it out angrily. It took a lot for him to actually say it & you could see that. I thought James played it brilliantly & I really felt for JP..

You are right, he could have gone with angry, but even the admission was full of shame, he didn't want to say the words, or let them know, he just wanted to help Nancy, he looked freaked out that the truth was now out.

I think the Ste drug story line should be dropped as he has to be strong for his bf. that surely has to be as rewarding as an actor, showing the fight between what he wants and how he copes with what JP needs, these past few eps I really believed they care for each other, even yesterday, notice Ste doesn't undo jp's shirt, he allows JP to make the moves and have control
  • Options
    Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    You are right, he could have gone with angry, but even the admission was full of shame, he didn't want to say the words, or let them know, he just wanted to help Nancy, he looked freaked out that the truth was now out.

I think the Ste drug story line should be dropped as he has to be strong for his bf. that surely has to be as rewarding as an actor, showing the fight between what he wants and how he copes with what JP needs, these past few eps I really believed they care for each other, even yesterday, notice Ste doesn't undo jp's shirt, he allows JP to make the moves and have control

I think dropping it would be terrible! It's an insult that they haven't shown the true extent of addiction. They haven't shown him going cold turkey or having withdrawal symptoms. Then again, you'd never know that his father's just died either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think dropping it would be terrible! It's an insult that they haven't shown the true extent of addiction. They haven't shown him going cold turkey or having withdrawal symptoms. Then again, you'd never know that his father's just died either.

He doesn't seem to have had any drugs since sleeping with sinead, and looks more healthy
  • Options
    Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    He doesn't seem to have had any drugs since sleeping with sinead, and looks more healthy

But how has he dealt with the cravings that surely he must be having? They haven't shown the slightest hint that he's struggling, or alluded to his overdose.

But this show forgets everything from week to week :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I think it was really good of them to build Ste and JP's relationship up these past few episodes because Ste was fantastic today.

In addition to the swig of his drink, I also really loved JP's big exhale at the end of the scene and the look on Nancy's face. I know she gets a bit upset at him in the coming episodes, but she does feel that immediate sadness for him too.
This discussion has been closed.