Options

Audley gets a warning over Kellie nominating reason

Comments

• Options
    romankingromanking Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    BB need to stop pandering to the liberal PC brigade.
  • Options
    goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nazraix wrote: »
    geesh, in that case Dee should get a warning as well !>:(

I feel like you're telling me off but I'm not sure?

Originally Posted by goldylookinfish
    "He shouldn't have been warned for that."
  • Options
    rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    I've followed boxing for years, seen Frank on telly loads of times and twice at actual events. And he keeps reappearing every time Kellie gets in a verbal scuffle. So if i'm finding it difficult to "see Kellie" it must be nigh impossible for someone who's known him so well for many years.

Same for me. I went out with a boxer many years ago and regularly went to matches with my then other half. Saw Frank a few times at events and in the bar afterwards. I didn't like him then and i don't like her now.
    Poor Audley, how unfair to give him a warning. I just hope he doesn't get labelled a homophobe as well, he clearly is nothing of the sort.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    So he's been punished for being honest? Really?
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That about sums it up
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rachael7 wrote: »
    Same for me. I went out with a boxer many years ago and regularly went to matches with my then other half. Saw Frank a few times at events and in the bar afterwards. I didn't like him then and i don't like her now.
    Poor Audley, how unfair to give him a warning. I just hope he doesn't get labelled a homophobe as well, he clearly is nothing of the sort.

Audley has done very well with it as far as I'm concerned. He could have come in there all bristling boxer and said "Frank, my boss man, WTF are you playing at?"
    If Kellie had come across very feminine it would be one thing - but what does poor Audley see - Frank keeps reappearing for chit chats and verbal scuffles. Anyone would be confused.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    He only got a warning because Kellie said to Audley that he was being transphobic and broke down in tears. If she hadn't said that, he wouldn't have been warned.

Very low blow from Kellie, she probably knew what would happen.

Not surprised and she'll be out for revenge to bring the wrath of the PC brigade down on Audley. But why should he have to hide what he feels. It's like someone telling you that you are not allowed to 'feel' something. I mean you can't help what you feel. It's a fact of life that some people will be uncomfortable that she has to get used to it.
  • Options
    pondie84pondie84 Posts: 11,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not surprised and she'll be out for revenge to bring the wrath of the PC brigade down on Audley. But why should he have to hide what he feels. It's like someone telling you that you are not allowed to 'feel' something. I mean you can't help what you feel. It's a fact of life that some people will be uncomfortable that she has to get used to it.

While it's true you can't help how you feel - that doesn't mean that, if you put your feelings in words, people can't call you out on it. I'm sure I have all sorts of unfair feelings about people, doesn't mean they're not valid but I would question my feelings if others were offended by them.

It does seem weird though for Kellie to be offended by comments given I've been led to believe on here that she has expressed some controversial views in the past publicly.
  • Options
    ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Audley has been given a warning over his reasons for nominating Kellie

Housemates nominated for the first time last night, face to face – and Audley has been given a warning over his reasons for nominating Kellie. Audley nominated Kellie and Leslie.

After the nominations had ended, Audley talked to Kellie to discuss his reasons for nominating her. Audley’s reasons for his nominations were that he thought she should leave as the world was ready for her as Kellie, he wants her to set up a fight for him and that he sometimes feels uncomfortable around her and that he didn’t want to share a bath with her.

Kellie got upset by what Audley said and eventually told him to pi** off, while Audley was trying to explain his reasons for nominating her. Audley replies and says that he is working through his discomfort.

After talking with Audley, Kellie visited the Diary Room to talk to Big Brother. Kellie tells Big Brother that Audley’s reasons for nominating her were stupid. ‘I don’t feel annoyed, I feel cheated.’ she says.

Later in the evening, Audley is called to the Diary Room and was given a warning about his reasons for nominating Kellie. Audley tried to explain his thinking and said that he has known Kellie as Frank for 20-30 years and that the change has shocked him and all the boxing fraternity.

He says: ‘I think anyone would be crazy to suggest that you just switch and make the adjustment, it’s going to take time.’

Celebrity Big Brother continues tonight at 9pm

http://bigbrother247.co.uk/day-11-audley-warned-over-kellie-nominations-reasons/

I kind of get what he is saying it will take time for him having known kelly for so long but it would have been better if he had kept that yo himself and let time to the the work
  • Options
    rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    Audley has done very well with it as far as I'm concerned. He could have come in there all bristling boxer and said "Frank, my boss man, WTF are you playing at?"
    If Kellie had come across very feminine it would be one thing - but what does poor Audley see - Frank keeps reappearing for chit chats and verbal scuffles. Anyone would be confused.

Oh i quite agree!
    It seems to me that Kellie wants the best of both worlds. Squaring up to fellow HM's one minute then dissolving into tears the next. You know that some will argue its the hormones she's taking. Kellie herself uses that as an excuse to gain sympathy when she realises she's over stepped the mark. Any 'bad' behaviour is blamed on Frank. The truth is Kellie IS Frank. She went into the house feted as a brave but timid old lady, she's fawned over in the house by people who want to be seen as non-judgemental, thinking she's loved by the GBP due to her raptuous reception.
    I hope people do start to see what she is really like. It would be a travesty if Audley went first. She owes him an apology.
  • Options
    MarkrenMarkren Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are so scared if another Jade Goody case.

Pukes.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    I think you show promise:)

:)Thank you!
  • Options
    Joe_McMinnJoe_McMinn Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    They know each other personally outside of Big Bro. I don't think is is BB's job to get involved. He didn't insult the community of transgender people in my opinion. He was talking about a relationship long before this show. He is allowed to feel out of a comfort like this and the warning is uncalled for IMO
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Pathetic. I remember when Danielle nominated Ash for not believing in God (or something to that extent) and she got away with it.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK - now I've seen what Audley supposedly got a warning for it seems more ridiculous than ever.
  • Options
    Popcorn4461Popcorn4461 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    How utterly ridiculous to warn him over that. >:( His unease is natural, understandable and he deserves credit for being honest, yet supportive. What absolute bullshine >:(

Nail on the head!
  • Options
    FacechildFacechild Posts: 1,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How utterly ridiculous to warn him over that. >:( His unease is natural, understandable and he deserves credit for being honest, yet supportive. What absolute bullshine >:(

Exactly! PC gone mad.
  • Options
    DizzleDizzle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB totally out of order here. If anything it's a step backwards for the transgender community.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Pathetic of Big Brother. Audley explained his reasoning more than enough, and this just screams of BB trying to cause a drama to gain media interest. Audley didn't mean he's uncomfortable in general around Kellie, just the situation in the bath. Give him a break. With all they let Helen off with as well!! She offended a lot of us daily ;-)
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can BB warn Audley when BB themselves told Audley to elaborate on his reason for nominating Kellie?
    They squeezed that out of him. It wasn't casual conversation, BB tried to get it out of him and broadcast it.

As it goes I think he explained things in a very reasonable way, so I don't see how anybody would be offended. He certainly shouldn't feel that he ought to apologise to anybody anyway.
  • Options
    puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    This will backfire on Kellie anyway, Audley will pick up some votes (to save) tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think anyone would find it very difficult to adjust to somebody they've known for a very long time suddenly changing gender.
    Of course we'd all like to be perfect and all our actions be perfectly in line with some politically correct utopian world. But people aren't like that. To force somebody to behave differently would be wrong in itself.

As far as I';m concerned intent is the most important factor, and I don't believe that Audley's feelings are in any way based in malice or are in any way wrong.
  • Options
    dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member
    How can BB warn Audley when BB themselves told Audley to elaborate on his reason for nominating Kellie?
    They squeezed that out of him. It wasn't casual conversation, BB tried to get it out of him and broadcast it.

As it goes I think he explained things in a very reasonable way, so I don't see how anybody would be offended. He certainly shouldn't feel that he ought to apologise to anybody anyway.

I thought, when he was asked to elaborate, his reasons seemed vague and confusing. After-all Kelli was not jumping in the bath with him. What were his reasons exactly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It appears so. This is a reality show apparently. But I don't think people really like real reality because reality can be uncomfortable, embarrassing and a little bit messy for television.
    Real life isn't linear with people all going on their perfect journeys. It's complex and awkward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dialectic wrote: »
    I thought, when he was asked to elaborate, his reasons seemed vague and confusing. After-all Kelli was not jumping in the bath with him. What were his reasons exactly?

Basically that it will take time for him to get used to Frank being Kellie as he had known him for so long as Frank in the outside world.

It must be even more awkward and strange given that his first encounter with Kellie is in the Big Brother house which is an unnatural environment anyway. Audley won't know what to think.

If BB didn't want to risk offending viewers then they shouldn't have asked Audley to elaborate. They asked him, he answered them honestly.