Options

Is it now time for DTC to bribe Sue Tully with a juicy £400-500,000 contract?

HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
Forum Member
So that we finally see the wonderful Michelle Fowler again for the 30th anniversary and have her stay at least a year.Of all the original characters still alive but not in the cast I think her return especially in time for the 30th would have the most impact.

Should they pull out all the stops and bribe Ms Tully and make her the highest paid actress in soap? :):D

Comments

• Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt she would except, no matter how much he offered her. She doesn't act anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I doubt she would except, no matter how much he offered her. She doesn't act anymore.

I really hope your wrong but suspect your right....
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,348
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure her actual return would live up to expectations, but I'd still love for it to happen. Having Sharon, Ian, Nick, Martin, Michelle and Vicky all back would be awesome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I'm not sure her actual return would live up to expectations, but I'd still love for it to happen. Having Sharon, Ian, Nick, Martin, Michelle and Vicky all back would be awesome.

Im willing to take the chance!
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,689
    Forum Member
    I don't think she'll return full time but maybe a one off return would happen one day!
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £500k, that's more than I make in a week :eek:
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be great to see her return! But they'd have to be a good return storyline and they would need to take the character in a strong direction!
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Actor earns that much on a British Soap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm willing to bet that even if she did return the ratings wouldn't rise that much, so it would be a waste of 500k. Like somebody already recently mentioned on here a while back, the majority of viewers nowadays care more about engaging storylines rather than past characters being reintroduced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »

Exactly:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the point of bringing her back now anyway?

She never returned for Arthurs, Marks or Pauline's funerals. I think it would be a massive cop out if Michelle returns now when she didn't make an appearance for her families funerals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    I say just bite the bullet and recast. I've said that for years.

They said NO Susan Tully is Michelle but it's time Ms Fowler came home.

Get Pauline Quirke in for a bit or something.
  • Options
    StevieRStevieR Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Would a re-cast work? It's been a while since we last saw her, a whole generation of viewers probably don't know what she looks like. She would have changed since we last saw her anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    StevieR wrote: »
    Would a re-cast work? It's been a while since we last saw her, a whole generation of viewers probably don't know what she looks like. She would have changed since we last saw her anyway.

I would love her to have aged like Pauline and Lou. Michelle to me seems like she could of aged like Pauline and become a potential battle-axe.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not worth it, Michelle is heartless!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still don't think she would accept
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Michelle Fowler and Zoey Slater. (they have the Den connection)
  • Options
    dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    no dont bribe her with tons as she would be just doing it for the money tons of talented actors are struggling to find work and would do it for less rather see 5 good actors then one who will only do it for a huge price
  • Options
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Not worth it, Michelle is heartless!

Heartless?!:confused::D
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What does Susan Tully look like now, someone please Google image her? :)
    I just did, but I don't think I can recognise her!
  • Options
    BringBackZsaZsaBringBackZsaZsa Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I'd love for Michelle Fowler to return but it's a bit late now. She didn't return for Pauline, Den, Mark or Arthur's funerals, she didn't attend Martin's wedding and she didn't even come to visit Vick or Sharon. Had Susan Tully made guest appearances in 1996, 2004, maybe 2005 and 2007, then it would have been believable but she didn't. If she comes great but I doubt it will happen. But when Sharon said "Michelle", I did get excited for a bit.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't get the obsession with her returning. Sure she's an original but like others I think any return would be short term and I think Sharon's character would suffer when she left again.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plenty soap actors are on 500k per year. I remember there being a massive scandal in the 90s because the Corrie pay packets leaked and the likes of Johnny Briggs were pissed that Barbara Knox was on more than him.

StevieR wrote: »

Susan Tully is Michelle and Michelle was one of the most important and most popular characters in the show for just over 10 years. Her status is iconic and there for untouchable.

The only type of person who would suggest a recast for Michelle is someone who simply didn't watch EastEnders when she was in it. Sorry if that sounds harsh but its true. Certain characters cannot be recast and Michelle is one of them. It would be like bringing in Ray Winstone to play Grant Mitchell. Totally ridiculous.
  • Options
    KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »

Didn't Dirty Den earn a massive amount upon his resurrection?
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She directs a lot of TV drama. Often see her name on credits.