Options

premier league thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Jackk088 wrote: »
    No judder at all on the Chelsea game using PLP

Not checked the Chelsea game, watching NBC at the moment. However, for the Burnley vs Utd game it came near the end of the first half into the second half, so be warned!
  • Options
    x5gbx5gb Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Newcastle game (best of the day) was the only one judder free for me and similar to the offering's plp had last season. Chelsea game juddering like crazy.
  • Options
    seankkseankk Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Overplay have confirmed they have fix the plp issue they had this afternoon.

as for a personal note :
    PLP juddering today on 3000kbs - was much better on 1600kbs , but still not smooth.

NBC constantly not smooth on my side , seeing all reviews saying its the best now , cant get it.
  • Options
    seankkseankk Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    x5gb wrote: »
    Newcastle game (best of the day) was the only one judder free for me and similar to the offering's plp had last season. Chelsea game juddering like crazy.

I still think its due to Overload ,

main game stream judder , 1245 + 17:30 while 1500 are less crowded because there is obviously a choice of stream for one to pick from.
  • Options
    icebergxicebergx Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    In terms of output/picture quality, is there any difference between Airplaying NBC Sports via the Xfinity app or via the NBC Sports Extra app? Are there any Airplaying restrictions on the latter?
    I managed to get a login via a friend :)

Also, anyone know the bitrate for the NBC Sports Extra app on Android?

Thnaks.
  • Options
    x5gbx5gb Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    seankk wrote: »
    I still think its due to Overload ,

main game stream judder , 1245 + 17:30 while 1500 are less crowded because there is obviously a choice of stream for one to pick from.

But the judder is still present on the replays, which wouldn't be the case if it was congestion to blame, I still think it is due to Neulion's poor encoding / conversion. Plp finally acknowledged two weeks ago there is problem and we should see an improvement over the next couple of weeks which unfortunately hasn't been the case except for a few games.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    For those with an NBC account, just found you can kind of airplay it through a non jail broken iPhone, this only works with iPhone and not iPad.

Once you downloaded the app, set your iPhone to airplay and mirror to Apple TV, load the NBC stream and it should go near enough full screen on your TV. I got a 47" TV and it was probably about 44" with a little gap in between the edges of my TV, quality was amazing though.

Sorry if you already know this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    anyone else not getting the Spurs vs Liverpool game on BeIN 11HD?!?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd give up on Bein if I was you, for prem games at least. They're not looking like they're going to start broadcasting online any time soon. NBC is the way. Another xfinity tip.... iPhone airplay seems to be more stable and better 'smoothness' than the iPad.
  • Options
    lylinalylina Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    what is the best way to watch NBC on browser?
    http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ or http://stream.nbcsports.com/?
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    akki007 wrote: »
    I'd give up on Bein if I was you, for prem games at least. They're not looking like they're going to start broadcasting online any time soon. NBC is the way. Another xfinity tip.... iPhone airplay seems to be more stable and better 'smoothness' than the iPad.

I agree with you on this i've actually just had a refund of BEIN i told them i was promised premiership matches online and they have failed to honor this. Took a bit of back and forth arguing though lol.
    NBC is certainly better although i find it better to use nbcs site direct as Verizons player is awful.
  • Options
    mrinstallermrinstaller Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I can't get the Samsung TV app to work now.
  • Options
    mrinstallermrinstaller Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Looks like I need an nbc pass now
    :-(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lylina wrote: »
    what is the best way to watch NBC on browser?
    http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ or http://stream.nbcsports.com/?

I hate them both, they're not a patch on air playing their apps. Not a patch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I hate them both, they're not a patch on air playing their apps. Not a patch.

Did you ever tried the xfinity go app on an android tv box?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raoul_E wrote: »
    Did you ever tried the xfinity go app on an android tv box?

No, I've got an android tablet and a mini hdmi lead so can give it a go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sambhi92 wrote: »
    For those with an NBC account, just found you can kind of airplay it through a non jail broken iPhone, this only works with iPhone and not iPad.

Once you downloaded the app, set your iPhone to airplay and mirror to Apple TV, load the NBC stream and it should go near enough full screen on your TV. I got a 47" TV and it was probably about 44" with a little gap in between the edges of my TV, quality was amazing though.

Good find! Worked for me. Quality great but a bit stuttery for some reason
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    No, I've got an android tablet and a mini hdmi lead so can give it a go.

Tried it on a tablet but i do not have hdmi on it.The xfinity app on android is only available on wi-fi( i tried it on a android mini box) Basic is is..i want it on my tv but not through airplay.The jailbreak is killing my battery.Got a samsung smart tv but they have only flash 11.1 on it so it does not work on that browser.Got tips? Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What were people getting during the arsenal game? My ipad was showing the Bein news channel and not the message that's been up in other games. Was anyone else getting this?
  • Options
    ChrysalisChrysalis Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    St@mmie wrote: »
    I like may others was upset when the previous thread got shut and deleted and as helpful as this thread has been I am now thinking maybe with the second post like this in recent weeks it might be time to shut it down.

imho this shouldn't be a place for people to peddle their dubious wares whether they be the pirate links that got the previous thread closed or charlatan acts like this.
    Hopefully posts like this will be deleted and the poster banned rather than the entire thread being deleted.

it should be instead for people to show off they have some private form of access and not share?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    sambhi92 wrote: »

To remove the underscan on the AppleTV try
    Settings > Audio & Visual > Adjust For AirPlay Overscan > "Off"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    anybody else having problems with beinsports tonight?
  • Options
    clewsyclewsy Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Well all i need is 4m dish and i'm away>:(

Anyother sat packages within a 1.2m radius as the mrs isnt interested in having her garden look like jodrell bank.

Not any more I don't think unless you want to pay for Via Sat - however think they got hit by the EPL 1 game 3pm rule as well.

4m dish? Shouldn't need that as I've had 7w channels on my setup (was years ago - not tried recently) and that is no where near that size. Yes dish size helps but also many other little factors can also come in useful for maximising weak signal strength.
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clewsy wrote: »
    Not any more I don't think unless you want to pay for Via Sat - however think they got hit by the EPL 1 game 3pm rule as well.

4m dish? Shouldn't need that as I've had 7w channels on my setup (was years ago - not tried recently) and that is no where near that size. Yes dish size helps but also many other little factors can also come in useful for maximising weak signal strength.

The problem is that the main beams are firing into the Med and the UK is on the very, very fringe of the overspill. The general rule is the further north you go, the bigger the dish you need. The likes of France, Italy etc are perfectly placed to get a decent signal on a moderately sized dish but we're in a rubbish position in the UK.

Where I am, I'd need a 1.1 - 1.3m dish for good weather reception (and that's on a perfect day... something we never seem to get in Liverpool!) but it'd need to be much bigger to accommodate for bad weather and general noise levels, whether the overspill footprint dips etc - and that's when it becomes expensive and still carries no guarantee of good signal on any given day. If I was going for reception from the other satellite, I'd need a 3m dish as a starting point.

There are just so many variables that it's impossible to give a definitive answer on dish size.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can confirm that with a 120cm dish you can get perfect signal on beinsports in Italy.