Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    What has he been saying now? (Collymore that is)

Without actually saying it, he's insinuating you'll 'do a Tottenham' .

I may have misheard him as I'm not paying 100% attention, but I think he used the words "shambolic signing policy"

Interestingly they are just about to get Gary Neville on; another excuse for him and collyidiot to fall out.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9/10 is not 'mediocre'.

Not for the whole window no, just for today I was talking about.

Nevermind, I think that my message is getting slightly misconstrued.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humm, I haven't done an away match before, I might try looking into things,thanks for the advice and encouragement by the way.

Once Rojo gets his work-permit all sorted and is eligible to play for us, that will be very good to hear, but I still think that we would be one centre-back short of having the almost perfect summer window.

At the moment we have had an 9/10 window, as both the ins and outs have been very impressive, it just needs that one last piece to up that to a great 10/10.

But at 5'oclock it was a mediocre transfer window for us and like just over 2 hours later you are suddenly saying its 9/10 - why the sudden change of heart again, whats changed in two hours.

Go back and reread you posts, you are making a complete and utter Horlicks of this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    Without actually saying it, he's insinuating you'll 'do a Tottenham' .

I may have misheard him as I'm not paying 100% attention, but I think he used the words "shambolic signing policy"

Interestingly they are just about to get Gary Neville on; another excuse for him and collyidiot to fall out.

There is always of course a chance that they don't work out, but the calibre of players that we have got does make that seem unlikely.

I wouldn't go anywhere near to call our policy shambolic.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not for the whole window no, just for today I was talking about.

Nevermind, I think that my message is getting slightly misconstrued.

Ok, so if you were simply talking about today, do you stand by it?

Signing Falcao and Blind would be pretty good going for one day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ajax claiming that the Blind deal is done.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,977
    Forum Member
    Ajax have confirmed that the Daily Blind transfer has gone through, pleased as i was getting worried with no comment about the deal, now lets get Falcao in would be a good day's business even if we should of signed a Midfielder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But at 5'oclock it was a mediocre transfer window for us and like just over 2 hours later you are suddenly saying its 9/10 - why the sudden change of heart again, whats changed in two hours.

Go back and reread you posts, you are making a complete and utter Horlicks of this.

I am not at all, our window as a whole has been very very good, and whilst signing Falcao today was an excellent move and one that just like RvP we just couldn't pass up on (even taking into account his unbelievable wages), it doesn't exactly help us in filling that one key defensive signing that we so desperately need.

My opinion has not changed, it has been the same, I am trying to distinguish between the window as a whole, and today being the last day.
    Perhaps it is just me, (and yes, that wouldn't be the first time that I might be on my own in jhaving an opinion that seems fine in my head, but less so when written down) but I just feel that we are so very close to having a great window, and as I said previously perhaps I chose the wrong word to use when I decided to call it "disappointing", more along the lines of wanting us to improve all over the pitch, and boy have we done so in the attacking areas, we are just lacking that one last piece of the jigsaw to have a top quality squad all over the pitch.

Evans, Smalling, Rojo, Jones, Blackett, and perhaps Blind, are all capable of doing a job, but that group is just lacking the equivalent of say a Di Maria or a Falcao that the forwards department has got.

I hope that makes a bit more sense, and I have explained my reasoning a bit better.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Blind and falcao are good signings but we still need a quality midfielder unless rooney is going to be moved back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so if you were simply talking about today, do you stand by it?

Signing Falcao and Blind would be pretty good going for one day.

I hope that my explation above explains my feelings or the point that I was trying to say.
    Ajax claiming that the Blind deal is done.
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Ajax have confirmed that the Daily Blind transfer has gone through, pleased as i was getting worried with no comment about the deal, now lets get Falcao in would be a good day's business even if we should of signed a Midfielder.

That is good to hear, we don't want any hitches with that deal.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought Cleverley wanting 60k a week was laughable? He now wants 80k a week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Blind and falcao are good signings but we still need a quality midfielder unless rooney is going to be moved back.

Herrera is a 'quality midfielder', and Blind can do the defensive job.

Yes, in an ideal world, someone like Vidal would have been brilliant, but look at what we've done!

How can you not be excited, by that?
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,977
    Forum Member
    Thought Cleverley wanting 60k a week was laughable? He now wants 80k a week.

It just shows what a different world footballers live in.
  • Options
    Adam LawAdam Law Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are never happy.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm happy. Once we got Di Maria and Blind I was happy. Falcao is just the icing on the cake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky are reporting that we're in talks with Burnley, about a move for Michael Keane.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the Welbeck to Arsenal rumour isn't true. Even if some people think it's only Welbeck, we're still helping a rival possibly put the last piece into their jigsaw. If the forgotten man Micah Richards can get a move to a top 4 Italian club, it should be possible to sell a Man Utd striker to some foreign side (of course, that depends on whether Welbeck is happy to go abroad).
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think united are going to punk Arsenal with the welbeck deal, I hope they pull the plug at 5 to 11 or ask for Wiltshire I'm return.

After Arsenal screwed us over in the smalling deal etc I hope they do naff all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Alan Smith the Welbeck deal to Arsenal is DONE!!
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather wellbeck stay and cleverly :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And Anderson???
    Someone must want him surely
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just think, this time last year we were watching as the 3 Amigos landed in Bilbao claiming to be signing Herrera, and, depending on your view, hoping Fellaini would either be a done deal or just a rumour.
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Just think, this time last year we were watching as the 3 Amigos landed in Bilbao claiming to be signing Herrera, and, depending on your view, hoping Fellaini would either be a done deal or just a rumour.

Yeah. Think it is pretty clear what the problem last summer was...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

If only we knew that was the beginning of the night mare.
This discussion has been closed.