Options

Deal or No Deal (No Spoilers — Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trevor_C7 wrote: »
    Always love to see this game played excruciatingly badly. That's two idiots in a row who have no one to blame but themselves. Today's idiot should've taken the first offer of £10k. All he really wanted was to take his kids on holiday, and he had to go home and look them in the eye after saying no to 10 grand.

Prize tit.

Anyone else think that 7ft tall fat kid in the wings is a production company stooge? Always mouthing off, always giving "advice", always got the camera on him. I've got exactly the same vibe about him that I had about that Sikh guy about 2 weeks before he "won" the £250k earlier in the year. I said it here first.

It is very easy to look at somebody's game after it is over and you know they've ended up with next to nothing,to then say,"Ha ha,what an idiot,should have taken the first offer."

It is not so easy when you are actually playing the game at the time.

Suppose he had taken the first offer,which nobody has ever done,and they played it out and he got down to the last two boxes and the £250K was still there? The banker's offer is seventy thousand. What would you say then?

As to the suggestion that Jack is a stooge,(and by your use of quotation marks around "won",you seem to be implying Roop might have been as well),do you really think Endemol would risk the whole franchise,which is probably worth millions,if not tens of millions,(DOND is shown all over the world) by putting a stooge in? If they did that,and it got out,that one of the £250K winners was working for Endemol,and hadn't really won the money at all,it would be a huge scandal. it would be public deception on a massive scale. There would probably be criminal trials and possible jail sentences.

Jack is not a stooge. Neither was Roop. Your suggestion has no foundation.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    Agree 100% with what you say here David. What a bizarre deal at £500 that was with just a £250 win/lose ratio. Then Noel goes and mentions his "strategic playing" by doing it! That was no strategy worthy of the name. I fail to understand why you would turn down an opening offer of £10,000 only to take a mere £500 like that. But it was interesting for the fact that the opening offer was the highest, double any other offer he subsequently got, and that seems quite rare to me. Had he become the first player to have dealt at the first offer there would have been howls of derision on here and maybe in the dream factory itself, but if he had proved stunningly correct in doing so I wonder if he would still be feeling the derision and contempt, or genuinely be commended on a brilliant game?

Somebody may yet do it. All of the banker's power 5 revealed in the first round would probably see an opening offer deal.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is very easy to look at somebody's game after it is over and you know they've ended up with next to nothing,to then say,"Ha ha,what an idiot,should have taken the first offer."

It is not so easy when you are actually playing the game at the time.

Suppose he had taken the first offer,which nobody has ever done,and they played it out and he got down to the last two boxes and the £250K was still there? The banker's offer is seventy thousand. What would you say then?

As to the suggestion that Jack is a stooge,(and by your use of quotation marks around "won",you seem to be implying Roop might have been as well),do you really think Endemol would risk the whole franchise,which is probably worth millions,if not tens of millions,(DOND is shown all over the world) by putting a stooge in? If they did that,and it got out,that one of the £250K winners was working for Endemol,and hadn't really won the money at all,it would be a huge scandal. it would be public deception on a massive scale. There would probably be criminal trials and possible jail sentences.

Jack is not a stooge. Neither was Roop. Your suggestion has no foundation.

Even his kids would have wanted him to go a few rounds yesterday at least, even though it went all horribly wrong in the end.

But you don't want to mention a list of all the things you would like to spend with your winnings from the show including taking your kids on holiday as the banker is never usually very generous with his offers. And the game is often weak from start to finish.
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    Somebody may yet do it. All of the banker's power 5 revealed in the first round would probably see an opening offer deal.

If that happened (and it is fantastically unlikely,about a 26,000 to 1 chance),the Banker's offer would probably still not be that high. The Fair Deal is only a bit over £15,000 in that scenario. The banker would probably offer about twelve or thirteen thousand.

Would you take that? I wouldn't.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her voice is irritating me!
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    It took five minutes to open a box.>:(
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS Teresa, it is NOT HARD! All you do is PICK A BOX! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder when Jack is going to have his game? He irritates me, so I hope it's his turn soon.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    8 minutes in and we haven't had a break! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Come on, just open the box. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That opening round took 9 minutes. >:(

I would offer £11,800 for that round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With the first break this late, it probably means that she'll deal at fourth or even third offer. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    £5,500 is RUBBISH! >:(

Noel, you're meant to be on the players side. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, now comes the break... And the blooming competition. >:(
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 4 - Beki and Hannah - £10
    Box 17 - Neil - £75,000
    Box 10 - Amy - £1
    Box 2 - Helen - £250
    Box 7 - Sheryl - £100

Opening offer - £5,500

NO DEAL
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small note, the Challenge episodes of Deal have gone back to Season 1 as of yesterday and there is only one episode a day now it would seem
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't want to meet the pilgrim of the day!>:(

I don't want to know about box 23! >:(

What is the point of the pilgrim of the day anyway? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Small note, the Challenge episodes of Deal have gone back to Season 1 as of yesterday and there is only one episode a day now it would seem

Thanks for that!;-)

Which part of series 1?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd offer £14,300.

Don't groan £15,000. #roll eyes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just tell us the offer.>:(
  • Options