• Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good old Noel, still rubbing it in as ever I see
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Well after that, I would use £15,000 on box 23.

BUT ONLY IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kutox wrote: »
    Good old Noel, still rubbing it in as ever I see

Yep, that's our Noel! :D

For goodness sake why would no one use box 23 for £500 yesterday? >:(
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I give up with Jack! He would use Box 23 at £15,000 but not £8,000?! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think MONEY BACK is in 23.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I give up with Jack! He would use Box 23 at £15,000 but not £8,000?! >:(

And he would for £50,000 as well.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PROVEOUT

Box 15 - Jack - 50p
    Box 14 - Blair - £750
    Box 19 - Karla - £3,000

5th offer would have been £35,000

Box 21 - Adrian (newbie) - £500
    Box 22 - Dilys - £5
    Box 16 - Daniel - £100,000

£35,000 and £250,000 left in the game

Closing offer would have been £115,000

Hypothetical swap not taken

Box 18 - £35,000
    Box 12 - Marie - £250,000

Box 23 - NO DEAL
    Contents - DOUBLE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DOUBLE, typical! >:(

Yes but you could have had £100,000 more! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee should've had that game and NOT Teresa! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That game was terrible, yet another game where people deal at RUBBISH offers and could have had a lot more. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member

Totally agreed GCT!
  • Options
    bscbabscba Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Nooooooooo! Not Quality Thinking Time! >:(

And then he adds insult to injury by asking if anyone has spoken to her during the break.

I'm sorry Noel, but I think you are confusing me with someone who gives a toss........
  • Options
    Trevor_C7Trevor_C7 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Jack is not a stooge. Neither was Roop. Your suggestion has no foundation.

I thought weeks before his game, although of course I can't prove it, that Roop would win or at least be given the £250k. There was a very strange atmosphere in the studio when he played. It's like everyone knew what was going to happen, just like when the welsh woman was the first £250k winner.

I predict Endemol will ensure Jack's given the £250k. He's also been on the wings now for weeks, just as Roop was. Not a surprise that Jack seemed to be all too aware beforehand of what was in 23 in today's show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That game was terrible, yet another game where people deal at RUBBISH offers and could have had a lot more. >:(

The Banker is well aware of the values that people will deal at. I thought she'd carry on at £15k, but she turned out to be gutless. knowing that she'd likely deal at £15k given the extent to which she kept droning on about how badly yesterday's prize tit played the game, the banker could afford to low ball her.

However, she has to be given credit for not punching Edmonds' lights out when he plumbed new depths of rubbing salt in to her stupidity.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trevor_C7 wrote: »
    I thought weeks before his game, although of course I can't prove it, that Roop would win or at least be given the £250k. There was a very strange atmosphere in the studio when he played. It's like everyone knew what was going to happen, just like when the welsh woman was the first £250k winner.

I predict Endemol will ensure Jack's given the £250k. He's also been on the wings now for weeks, just as Roop was. Not a surprise that Jack seemed to be all too aware beforehand of what was in 23 in today's show.

None of the box numbers are relayed via an earpiece to any of the players in the wings or in the middle.

Noel doesn't know which boxes certain values are in either. Nobody knows until each box is opened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    david16 wrote: »
    None of the box numbers are relayed via an earpiece to any of the players in the wings or in the middle.

Noel doesn't know which boxes certain values are in either. Nobody knows until each box is opened.

Jack would know if he was a stooge. And Noel is clearly, via his earpiece, told what amounts are about to be revealed so he ramp up his pre box opening bilge to create the maximum tension.

And let's not believe all this "the boxes are filled at random by the independent adjudicator" nonsense. We all know it's not true. When the show first started, there were I think only four different variations of what amount went in what box, and that variation was chosen at random. Any of the first people to play the show could've easily picked the sequence for their particular game and taken Endemol to the cleaners.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If everybody won the high amount they deserved, it would be a dull game.

There is no guarantee Lee would have been still there to win £115,000 if the last 2 games were reversed.

They won what they won. Suggesting last Sunday would have won x amount had it been their game today is really only pure conjecture and supposition.

The last 2 players going home with £0.00 and £15,000 respectively rather than £0.00 then£115,000 is fair enough really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noel's said Jack's not had the quarter million yet.

How can Noel know what everybody has in their box each day?
  • Options
    ramraider1ramraider1 Posts: 14,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He just spouts out rubbish day in day out ,Trevor. I don't for a second think that he is in the know regarding box 23 though. He is just guessing like everyone else and occasionally he will get it right like today.
    Jack is so modest : I loved how today when he managed to guess the contents of box 23 he modestly mouthed to the camera 'I knew it'. However I also spotted him saying twice after Theresa dealt 'it was the right move'. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!:D Yeah right, Jack and you advised her to deal ! She could have won serious money today had she just had the bottle to follow her own instincts. As I have said before, you reap what you sow. Why anyone would ask for that jester's advice I do not know.
    And as for the wings ... are we about to enter a cautious dealing era in Deal? After today's red lights showing at 15k, I would suggest yes.
    I'm now counting down the hours to Jack's game. If I can get home in time from work that glorious day I might even join GCT and Strictly in cheering Jack on. ( I am joking of course!).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Banker is well aware of the values that people will deal at. I thought she'd carry on at £15k, but she turned out to be gutless. knowing that she'd likely deal at £15k given the extent to which she kept droning on about how badly yesterday's prize tit played the game, the banker could afford to low ball her.

However, she has to be given credit for not punching Edmonds' lights out when he plumbed new depths of rubbing salt in to her stupidity.

Well said Trevor. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    Noel's said Jack's not had the quarter million yet.

How can Noel know what everybody has in their box each day?

I think Jack himself has mentioned it before. He certainly goes on and on about never having the 1p.
  • Options
    Coupon BoyCoupon Boy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    I was hoping I wouldn't have the say anytime soon.............

OH DEAR...................OH DEAR...................OH DEAR...................

Should've been a LOT more brave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

OH DEAR...................OH DEAR...................OH DEAR...................

8 box was definitely worth a punt with 3 Power 5 amounts in play, an offer of only 31% of the average, and only a 20% chance of the next offer being significantly less (i.e. idds of taking both the jackpot and a Power 5 back-up). Then 5 box would've also been worth a punt with only a 8% disaster chance and an offer of less than half the average. She only has herself to blame for missing out on a whooping £100,000. This is definitely up there as one of the EASIEST six figure wins ever squandered. >:( >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I haven't had a dance yet."

A potential £250k up for grabs and THIS is all these stupid players care about?! A dumb dance? >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "I haven't had a dance yet."

A potential £250k up for grabs and THIS is all these stupid players care about?! A dumb dance? >:(

You only get on this show if you're an attention seeker who cares little for the money. Endemol don't want contestants who are going to play the game properly because that cost them money.

Last 3 shows:

Stupid old teddy woman who no dealed £30k and dealt at £15k. Sheer stupidity.

Grinning idiot Lee who turned down £10k and blew is game out the window.

And today's gutless hard faced, scowling crone who had no desire to go for big money because she was obsessed with how badly other people have played the game. It's highly ironic that her obsession with not replicating Lee's idiocy caused her to play the game so badly herself.
This discussion has been closed.