Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    LOL no wayyyy
  • Options
    SertiusSertius Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I agree, not worth a penny and is not a celeb in my mind. But just how much of the £100K will the taxman actually see? How much of it is agent fees? He has probably accrued quite a few debts so my guess is he ends up with hardly anything.
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow - he isn't even a celebrity.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricci will be getting £100k as well :o

whoever cast Ricci needs to be shot :cool:
  • Options
    KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    Sertius wrote: »
    I agree, not worth a penny and is not a celeb in my mind. But just how much of the £100K will the taxman actually see? How much of it is agent fees? He has probably accrued quite a few debts so my guess is he ends up with hardly anything.

Agent fees would be 10% and if he's never earned anything like that before in his life he'll still be in the lowest possible tax bracket. Obviously don't know whether he has debts or not but I reckon he'll come out the other end with, at worst, 70-80 grand. Which he can then brag about along with the disclaimer that he's not being big headed or anything.
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes sense when you think about it.

They clearly wanted someone from Gogglebox (Steph& Dom were the initial rumour)...and whoever accepted would have done so knowing that they and their entire family would be axed from Gogglebox as a result (likely why Steph and Dom didn't do it..as they already appear to be well off).

If you're asking someone to pull out of another show completely just to appear on CBB...then you're going to make a strong offer.
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    It makes sense when you think about it.

They clearly wanted someone from Gogglebox (Steph& Dom were the initial rumour)...and whoever accepted would have done so knowing that they and their entire familiy would be axed from gogglebox as a result (likely why steph and Dom didn't do is..as they already apear to be well off).

If you're asking someone to pull out of a show completely just to appear on CBB...then you're going to make a strong offer.

Why were Steph and Dom allowed to be on Gogglebox, after appearing on 4 in a bed, yet George's family are out because he's on Big brother.
    In answer to the comment about George's fee, George's mum said appearing on BB would enable him to get a foot on the housing ladder
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »
    Why were Steph and Dom allowed to be on Gogglebox, after appearing on 4 in a bed, yet George's family are out because he's on Big brother.
    In answer to the comment about George's fee, George's mum said appearing on BB would enable him to get a foot on the housing ladder

Obviously because both those shows are on Channel 4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tellystar wrote: »

I think the rule is that you were allowed to have appeared on something pre-Gogglebox..but not during/after. Seems stupid to me but that's the way it is.
  • Options
    straystray Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It needs to be worth their while going on telly and exposing themselves to the nation.

Why put yourself through that unless you're paid well?

I'm not famous, except in my own back yard, and I'd need to be paid at least £500,000 before I'd appear on a reality programme ..:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stray wrote: »
    It needs to be worth their while going on telly and exposing themselves to the nation.

Why put yourself through that unless you're paid well?

I'm not famous, except in my own back yard, and I'd need to be paid at least £500,000 before I'd appear on a reality programme ..:D

George only gets £30 a week for gogglebox doesn't he, he probably would have accepted £5k, I think BB probably just didn't want him to kick off when he found out what Ricci the bore was on? :cool:
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    KT_Dog wrote: »
    Agent fees would be 10% and if he's never earned anything like that before in his life he'll still be in the lowest possible tax bracket. Obviously don't know whether he has debts or not but I reckon he'll come out the other end with, at worst, 70-80 grand. Which he can then brag about along with the disclaimer that he's not being big headed or anything.

He wont be in the lowest possible tax band.

Higher rate: 40%

£32,011 - £150,000
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    George only gets £30 a week for gogglebox doesn't he, he probably would have accepted £5k, I think BB probably just didn't want him to kick off when he found out what Ricci the bore was on? :cool:

I think it's £15 a day..although that may be per family as opposed to per person.
  • Options
    this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no wonder he cant stop smiling
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    He wont be in the lowest possible tax band.

Higher rate: 40%

£32,011 - £150,000

It's based on average of previous year and predicted year earnings isn't it, an electrician suddenly being given a 100,000 windfall from channel 5 should escape the high rate bracket relatively painlessly, though next year he'll get hit hard unless he can argue this was a one-off. Which I doubt he can because I suspect he's after a media career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this_THAT wrote: »
    no wonder he cant stop smiling

housing ladder my arse, he will be in the pub every day for the next two years til he's skint again :cool:
  • Options
    ArtieArtie Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    I think it's £15 a day..although that may be per family as opposed to per person.
    Why would anyone do TV work for so little? Someone is making money from it obviously!
  • Options
    straystray Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »

Peanuts, am really surprised.
  • Options
    **JennaJ****JennaJ** Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    Not even worth 100K Vietnamese Dong...:p
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    KT_Dog wrote: »
    It's based on average of previous year and predicted year earnings isn't it, an electrician suddenly being given a 100,000 windfall from channel 5 should escape the high rate bracket relatively painlessly, though next year he'll get hit hard unless he can argue this was a one-off. Which I doubt he can because I suspect he's after a media career.

No you are taxed on what your earned in a tax year.

He will be taxed on all income 5 April 2014 - 4 April 2015.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How stupid C5. Which idiot negotiated that deal?

I bet he would done it for 15k. I would. Who does he think he is?? Nobody.

Well if he's on a 100k, Gary must be on a million at least and same with Steph, a million.. Probably more. WTF.
  • Options
    Fruit_FlyFruit_Fly Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **JennaJ** wrote: »
    Not even worth 100K Vietnamese Dong...:p
    well remembered :D:D:D
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money for old rope..:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    No you are taxed on what your earned in a tax year.

He will be taxed on all income 5 April 2014 - 4 April 2015.

Really? Oh god. I'm going to prison and so's my accountant :(
  • Options
    shazzersereshazzersere Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares what he gets paid,there seems to be a hell of a lot of jelaousy on this forum!