Comments

• Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,768
    Forum Member
    eye3 wrote: »
    I like it when he says after EVERY case
    'This is not a difficult case'

Well, tell the producers to get some!

He repeats himself far too much - if he says 'do you understand?' one more time, my Tv is in for a good kicking. >:(
    Jusge Rinder makes Judge Judy look classy.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Where was the responsibility of the woman when she decided to raise a child under every benefit under the sun? I've got nothing against people on benefits but you're not really responsible for your family if it's the state paying for them predominantly.

The bloke's not paying for his kids but neither is the mother, yet the man is getting the public dressing-down.

The mother was only claiming IS and child benefit, and she stated that she had worked on and off over the years when she could.the father on the other hand, had not payed his way with the child at all .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    He repeats himself far too much - if he says 'do you understand?' one more time, my Tv is in for a good kicking. >:(
    Jusge Rinder makes Judge Judy look classy.

It is getting very boring now, IMO of course.
  • Options
    bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Rinder is SO awful that it makes compulsive viewing.

And why is he called 'Judge' or, on occasion, 'your Honour'?
    That isn't usual in UK courts, is it?

He's forever saying 'do you understand?' , even when it's not applicable.
    I wonder what 'normal' judges make of him.
    I've represented defendants in loads of small claims hearings in County Courts, and there are quite a few differences in a real court:

1. The Judge is addressed as Sir or Madam, never 'Judge'.
    2. The programme has the parties the wrong way round - in nearly all courts, the claimant sits on the Judge's right, the defendant on the left.
    3. The Judge does not wear any special robes, just ordinary clothes.
    4. There is usually no usher present to pass documents over, the parties are normally seated close enough to the Judge to do it themselves. In any case, the documents would have been submitted before the hearing, so the Judge would already have copies in his file.
    5. The Judge (District Judge or Deputy District Judge) is unlikely to be a qualified barrister, they are usually former or current practising solicitors.
    6. It would be very unusual to see many, or any, people in the public gallery seats.
    7. After Judgment is given, there is often further discussion about leave to appeal, and any award of costs to the winning party.
    8. Any real Judge who made the sarcastic comments and camp facial gestures made by Rinder, would soon be in hot water with the Lord Chancellor.
  • Options
    moviesmanmoviesman Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Roll up roll up for the British Judge Judy (well a bald version) ...............
    Rinder is he gay. He wears a wedding ring but that goes for nothing.And what is it about his left limp hand.He should go down to the cells and pick out a fairy for his backside
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moviesman wrote: »
    Rinder is he gay. He wears a wedding ring but that goes for nothing.And what is it about his left limp hand.He should go down to the cells and pick out a fairy for his backside
    Tbh, I don't see a bright future for you on DS.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this guy who is responsible for the dogs death doesn't seem at all bothered that it's died just about getting off paying money
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    this guy who is responsible for the dogs death doesn't seem at all bothered that it's died just about getting off paying money
    He's a total joke. >:( But I agree that the other guy needs to take a lot more care with who he gives dangerous dogs too.

Sad story all round. :(
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    That poor dog :( The likes of him are total scum of the earth! :mad:
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ, this case is going on a bit.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Sticking his fingers in his ears like an adult"

Doesn't he mean like a child?
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy on the left in this dog case, has he been on before? He looks like a daytime TV regular. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    The guy on the left in this dog case, has he been on before? He looks like a daytime TV regular. :blush:

A couple of us just said the same thing. What was it? I'm sure he wasn't on as a dangerous dog supplier before. :confused:
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moviesman wrote: »

Dear God, somebody pinch me. I think I've woken up in 1974!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, somebody just reminded me, Joe. Some woman sued him because he didn't refund her dog training classes when he broke his wrist or something. She was only claiming £80 and we wondered who the hell would bother going to court for £80. :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    OK, somebody just reminded me, Joe. Some woman sued him because he didn't refund her dog training classes when he broke his wrist or something. She was only claiming £80 and we wondered who the hell would bother going to court for £80. :kitty:

Thank you! I knew I'd seen him before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

Oh of course. :D

I bet he goes home wondering what he can do next to get back on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awarded £4300.

I hope he pays that poor woman her 80 quid. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy on the right needs help, drugs have completely addled his brain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That smirking guy called Matty is 100% idiot. :o
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    The guy on the right needs help, drugs have completely addled his brain.

He was scary.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »

Sometime I think that a bullet in the back of the head for some people would be kinder. That bloke was thicker than almost anyone I have ever seen out side of the Jeremy Kyle Show. He was just pathetic. And to think he has probably got kids. >:(>:(

and he sniffed a lot.... perhaps he had a cold? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EuanMebabe wrote: »

I was going to say a few sandwiches short of a picnic - but you are more accurate. I wouldn't let that guy take a pet poodle for a walk, let alone own a dangerous dog. That company must have been in severe need of customers if he thought Matty was genuine - words fail me. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EuanMebabe wrote: »

Also, I would like to have known how Matty was going to pay the outstanding £4,300, as he had accepted ownership of the dog before it was sadly killed. I can't imagagine a guy like that holding down a job. We didn't get told enough of the circumstances surrounding this case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    What about the other case with the other Matt who went Uni?

Thought that was really boring..