Options

Woman beheaded in London

Comments

• Options
    LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    DianaFire wrote: »
    It certainly sounds like someone off their meds. Sadly not the first time something like that has happened.

Yes, perhaps but the timing is too uncanny to be a coincidence. If it was a schizophrenic reaction then the images everywhere from supermarkets to television may well have triggered it. That is, if it wasn't other brainwashing.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    When it's a serving member of HM forces, it looks like terrorism, but a murder in a residential street, unlikely. However, some cultures are more likely than others to murder by decapitation. All cultures murder, they just tend to do it in different ways, and for different reasons. This one does sound like a care in the community tragedy though, if he's had a go at random strangers before finding a victim.
  • Options
    Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds really awful. Feel for her family. And of course there's always the US gun lobby eager to use the tragedy for their own propaganda.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/another-beheading-in-anti-gun-london/
  • Options
    Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    He apparently attacked an animal first. Sounds like a madman.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    tiacat wrote: »
    Yes, baffled and now I can add saddened that there are people wandering round not being able to think for themselves about what might have happened when they read a news story.

And we're the disillusioned ones!!
    :confused:
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, perhaps but the timing is too uncanny to be a coincidence. If it was a schizophrenic reaction then the images everywhere from supermarkets to television may well have triggered it. That is, if it wasn't other brainwashing.

Unfortunately although crimes like this are rare, they do happen. I dont think there is any coincidence in terms of the timing, things like this just happen sometimes. Its more that the media have decided to let us all know that its NOT a terrorist attack.

If this had been reported without the term 'beheading' this discussion would be about care in the community, psychosis, is it legitimate to consider that all people with mental illness are one step away from murder, should we ban machetes and large knives etc etc.

It has only taken the turn it has, down to how this has been reported.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    This incident is so shocking, just awful. According to Sky News, the killer is known locally as 'fat Nicholas'...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This incident is so shocking, just awful. According to Sky News, the killer is known locally as 'fat Nicholas'...

Presumably not to his face though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Presumably not to his face though.

Sorry, that also made me laugh ... you do have a sense of humour ;-)
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    north london may as well be iraq its so dangerous there :kitty:
  • Options
    jacquelineannejacquelineanne Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't the police just come out with it and say Muslim or non Muslim, rather than beating about the bush.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why don't the police just come out with it and say Muslim or non Muslim, rather than beating about the bush.

Its been said on here and BBC news he is Pakistani
    Keep up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And the police, local mental health services say....?

Has mental health policy changed over the years where dangerous people are let loose on the streets? I'm noticing an increasing number of obviously not well people just wandering the streets. They're not going anywhere in particular, they wander around aimlessly.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

If his name's Nicholas, I'd've thought that would make it less likely that he's Muslim tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, that also made me laugh ... you do have a sense of humour ;-)

I know, I shouldnt really make jokes though!
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not sure what your point is. Its not about where people (or journalists or famous people or terrorists) are from, its about how terrorists normally perform. They like an audience. It serves their purposes. Unless he was practising for a terrorist attack somewhere else.

My work has a high level of domestic abuse and violence involved in it, so when I hear stories about these sorts of crimes, my instinct is to see this as domestic, or drug related. Statistically its not likely to be terrorism.
    Whenever I hear of a woman being murdered I usually assume it's a case of domestic violence. As far as murder with a machete, that indicates a schizophrenic/mentally ill person to me. I may be in a minority but the possibility of a terrorist attack didn't even enter my head.
    Whatever the cause it's a terrible story. Poor lady, RIP.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep up

I didn't see it on here? Still can't looking through the posts. All I can see is the news report for the beheading in June being done by a Pakistani man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep up

I thought that was the incident from June that Wonkey Donkey posted about?
  • Options
    FlibustierFlibustier Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cutting off a woman's head in broad daylight.. let me guess, muslim by any chance?
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because he is being treated in hospital at the moment and has not yet been questioned
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A random attack according to Sky News, makes it all the more terrifying. :(
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

Thanks but that was a report some week after the event and dreadful as it was, you calling it a 'beheading' was a bit misleading because it wasn't just that, she also received stab wounds and had her arms broken so people wouln't have speculated the same as they are doing today.

Terrorist sites tend to either have military links, or to be centres of transport or commerce. A private house in an outer suburb just doesn't fit any pattern at all.

Home grown terrorists have sprung up from them and terrorists know how to use the internet to communicate with each other as well, even from private house.
  • Options
    FlibustierFlibustier Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To protect the problem.
  • Options
    CitrusBlastCitrusBlast Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    They just said they think the attack happened on the street, how the hell did she end up beheaded in someone's back garden then?! Makes no sense.
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DaisyBill wrote: »
    Whenever I hear of a woman being murdered I usually assume it's a case of domestic violence. As far as murder with a machete, that indicates a schizophrenic/mentally ill person to me. I may be in a minority but the possibility of a terrorist attack didn't even enter my head.
    Whatever the cause it's a terrible story. Poor lady, RIP.

To be honest, when I heard that it was in a garden and a beheading I thought it was one of those ghastly family "honour" killings.