Options

Kellie wants to win for "acceptance"

Pro_SniperPro_Sniper Posts: 942
Forum Member
✭✭
and also because it would be a "victory" for transgender people. Did you hear this desperation?

Comments

• Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not again!

I don't think it's quite desperation, but how many times does it have to happen in BB for it to be victory enough?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    nadia, luke A won, lauren harries came third. 3 victories for transgender people...
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Yes she obviously doesn't watch BB or she would know that BB has already shown its acceptance of transgender people.
  • Options
    tuesdaytuesday Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like that Kellie does have a cause, but we all know she'll be lucky if she survives tomorrow, but saying that I like her to get to the final which would be an achievement for her. I think she's really done well under the circumstances as a housemate for me been good TV and a good agitator of the house. She evokes strong emotions and reactions from the other housemates and viewers a like. Its a pity that others aren't up like Dee, Ricci and Lauren are up because I would of like them to go before Kellie.
  • Options
    Pro_SniperPro_Sniper Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Not again!

I don't think it's quite desperation, but how many times does it have to happen in BB for it to be victory enough?

Yeah I seen it on a clip they showed on BOTS. They'll probably show it tonight. Possibly the 50th time he's said it but only the 1st time we're hearing it.

Wouldn't it be so refreshing if all gender issues were left aside and the contestants allowed the viewers to vote for HM's based on their personality/entertainment value, rather than because of what gender they are? Being part of a minority gender doesn't give you special rights and privileges.
  • Options
    Reece_BReece_B Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Pro_Sniper wrote: »
    Yeah I seen it on a clip they showed on BOTS. They'll probably show it tonight. Possibly the 50th time he's said it but only the 1st time we're hearing it.

Wouldn't it be so refreshing if all gender issues were left aside and the contestants allowed the viewers to vote for HM's based on their personality/entertainment value, rather than because of what gender they are? Being part of a minority gender doesn't give you special rights and privileges.

Eh? Minority gender? He?

You are aware that Kellie is a woman and not a ladyboy right?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    if she wants acceptance she should try working on her personality,

i could not care less if she's male or female.
  • Options
    bbcrzybbcrzy Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reece_B wrote: »
    Eh? Minority gender? He?

You are aware that Kellie is a woman and not a ladyboy right?

whats the difference? those thai ladyboys take hormones from prepuberty cause they know they are different. Frank was happy to live as a man for many many years, married successfully and had children.

For many folk, that would be enough.

I personally think what frank is doing now is SELF indulgent and hurtful to family and he seems conflicted and confused.

Hope he doesnt have the surgery. Hormones can be stopped if minds are changed....again
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I accept people for how they are as a person, not what gender they choose to be known as. I don't give a frig about Kellie's "journey".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will find it acceptable if she leaves tonight. She's just too grumpy.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She couldn't win for herself.

Frank would have been first out. The transgender thing is her only selling point.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sick to the back teeth of her using her situation as a platform to stay in. We've had Nadia and Luke A. Bore off Kellie you miserable whinging moaning pain in the arse.
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »
    Sick to the back teeth of her using her situation as a platform to stay in. We've had Nadia and Luke A. Bore off Kellie you miserable whinging moaning pain in the arse.

I agree, I didn't like Nadia but I really liked Luke A. Kellie is just boring. I don't really care what or who people are. I just like a personality... or not. I absolutely hate the journey tales....
  • Options
    BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a shame she tries to use it as a platform. Its a bit like saying if she is voted out (or out voted as its VTS) its a slap in the face for the transgender community. As others have said BB has a history of acceptance and it doesn't need constant re-affirmation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »
    Perfectly put. Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've no interest in Kellie's 'platform', same as Nadia or Luke A - I didn't like Nadia based on personality but I liked Luke, again based on personality.

Kellie seems to forget what she's said - earlier this week, she said she'd 'only last night' wondered if she'd be classed as a lesbian if she had relationships with women. However, she had exactly the same conversation about 4 days before with someone else (I was on holiday, so watched on the planner when I got back).

I think Kellie's full of sh!t, is no different in personality to the aggressive Frank but blames hormones on her current behaviour - that's not 'hormones', it's ingrained over a lifetime.
  • Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad Kellie wasn't one of the first three out and to me that demonstrates acceptance from the public. If she had been first out I would have wondered if it was because she was a transexual and I imagine it might have been quite traumatic for her too.

Now, let her deal with being treated equally. She should win or lose on her own merit and what she brings to the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    if she wants acceptance she should try working on her personality,

i could not care less if she's male or female.

I agree and I suspect Audley and James do too but they can't say so fearing the huge backlash they would get from BB and the voting public.
    Kellie needs to work on her personality change too.
    The nomination reasons "Kellie is ready for the outside world now" were pathetic. All the housemates tread on eggshells around Kellie and let her twist every conversation around to talking about herself. Stephanie even said Kellie wears better clothes than her. :D
    I think the housemates are as irritated by Kellie as they are by Gary but they know Kellie will bite back.
  • Options
    Spidey1Spidey1 Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Kellie's situation of going into the house as she took a gamble. in her mind she took the easy way out if you like of taking the gamble of going into the house and winning by way of sympathy.
    I think in her mind she doesn't have to win for being her as a person. but winning as her being a transgender alone.

she probably thinks that it's a certainty that she'll win simply because she's a transgender.
    but boy is she going to be surprised when she comes out tonight!
  • Options
    foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she doesn't win - and it has nothing to do with her situation. She is just not a very likeable person!

She's me, me, me all the time - its all about her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I think the housemates are as irritated by Kellie as they are by Gary but they know Kellie will bite back.

I'd say it's more to do with they're too scared to say anything. because of being jumped on by the PC brigade.
  • Options
    straystray Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wants to be loved for herself, and gets very teary about the boos.

Strange, but there's something very childlike and naive about Kellie at times.

No sophistication.

Underneath the tough exterior, there's not just a woman trying to get out,

but a wee girl.

I feel sad for her.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a load of cobblers.

She won't win - not because she's transgender and people won't 'accept' her - but because she's a self-absorbed, aggressive, vindictive, BORING bitch.
  • Options
    R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maloney is doing this for the moola, he was a snidey little vicious shit as frank, changing gender is not a personality panacea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stray wrote: »
    Underneath the tough exterior, there's not just a woman trying to get out,

but a wee girl.

I feel sad for her.

If it wasn't for that Frank distracting me for the last 60 years. I could try and see that little girl too.