Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Mixer taps! I hate going for a drink of water and finding it's luke warm. One tap for hot and one for cold - that's the proper way.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    ..... and, even worse, the boss has decided that I need to be here on Thursdays in future to act as PA to our Chairman (when he visits every week) and therefore change my day off to Wednesdays. My Doctors & all appointments are arranged for Thursdays NOT Wednesdays. GGGgggrrrr.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mixer taps! I hate going for a drink of water and finding it's luke warm. One tap for hot and one for cold - that's the proper way.
    in my flat, in the bathroom, turn on the hot tap and 3s later BOILING water is coming out, turn on the cold tap and for about 2mins WARM water comes out. FFS. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    in my flat, in the bathroom, turn on the hot tap and 3s later BOILING water is coming out, turn on the cold tap and for about 2mins WARM water comes out. FFS. >:(

It sounds like your boiler or emergan heater need adjusting - that is costing you money!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    It sounds like your boiler or emergan heater need adjusting - that is costing you money!!
    unfortunately I have no control over the hot water. This is a Council run place and we pay a set amount each month for heating and hot water so I could leave the radiators on full and the hot tap running 24/7 and still pay the same as someone who'd gone off on holiday and switched everything off. Such as system is indeed a big fkn waste of money and energy and resources but there bgr all I can do about it except watch my money go floating off into the god knows where.
    Hopefully someone will soon invent a cooking contraption utilizes a constant stream of pipping hot water and no electricity :) - maybe powered by a little water wheel attached to the cold tap. :cool:
    - wish I could go back to meet up with the younger version of me who thought accepting this place was "a right good idea" and poke him in the ribs. >:(
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Celebs advertising shops you know they dont shop in.
    Peter Andre going in Iceland ! No way.
    Len Goodman at Farm Stores...yeah right.
    Mo Farah eating Quorn....yuck !

I know! BOG OFF.
    I channel hop as soon as ads come on
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    Bought myself a new alarm clock. Runs off batteries, lights up when touched, in fact, all singing all dancing with a SNOOOOOOZE button - every EIGHT minutes! Why the f*ck eight minutes! Why not five, FFS? My eight times table has improved, tho.!

99% of snooze buttons give 9 mins. Think of that one extra min to get up useful.
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,047
    Forum Member
    People who take the last tea bag out of the box, then leave the empty box, rather than disposing of it and then opening the new box, which is right there on the counter
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    99% of snooze buttons give 9 mins. Think of that one extra min to get up useful.
    Yep. I've recently had to buy a new one after having one for around 20 years or so.

I never understood why it was 9 minutes but the new one is aswell so atleast I keep my system.
    I put it on 27 minutes before I want to be up and hit snooze 3 times.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    It's not trival but I need a rant >:(

When someone! Decides that the week I have taken off work in order to complete my end of year assignment for Uni is the best time to redecorate the house.
    When someone! Hasn't cleared things away before the painter arrives so now things are piled on top of each other shoved into the hall way and the bedroom.
    When someone! Is too busy to be here for the decorator so it's up to me to help move stuff out of the way.
    When someone! Hires their friend to do the work so there's lots of smoke breaks, beer breaks and various other breaks so much so that the guy is staying the night now to get the work completed by the weekend.

It is near impossible to concentrate on any work with all the chaos going on around me and I've had to bring the dog into the bedroom with me and her bed stinks! As I can't wash it with no washing machine which we don't have at present.

This has all come about because someones brothers had their houses done so someone had to follow suit.

Act now and think later bullshit

>:(
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Relly wrote: »
    I hear you. Can you not go the blog route, and maybe generate some support through that? I mean, just create a blog, post your designs, promote your page etc etc etc, approach magazines for free 'freelance' work and get a leg up that way?

Sorry, I'm a novice at that sort of thing, and I know it's not the quick route, but it might help? Edit: once you've got an online presence, and have had some stuff published (even though they didn't pay), it might enhance your reputation and portfolio at the application/interview stage.

I work freelance for two magazines as a writer. They don't pay well but it's writing experience I guess. My design work is on behance (portfolio site) ,trying to work in a professional environment (in a graphic design company for eg) is really hard to get into. I've emailed local design agencies but not much luck.I recently got a freelance job where they sell my designs on merchandise and I get commission from each sale - I don't think it's a big amount of money really but it gives me exposure.

Like you said It might be an idea to make a blog which could have my projects on there (Writing pieces and my designs). I'm really trying here, feel like I've explored all avenues and I got a decent degree grade - It's disheartening when it feels like you've done all that work for nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now, either the walking-directions googlemaps gave me were to blame or my inept following of the accurate and marvelous directions was to blame. Whatever the case, everything was going sort smoothly until I came to the "going under the A563" part. At which point I lost it cos, different to residential areas which have the road names handily place on walls and houses, motorways have diddly and just come across as big unfathomable brutes. Luckily some handy people were around to point me in the right direction which confusingly was "walk right a lot" instead of the map telling me to "walk left a lot" - boy I must have been turned around something kronic.

Also my "hey once I get there, the return journey should be a doddle cos I just have to retrace my steps" belief turned quickly into disbelief cos, unlike residential areas, one big long motorway looks exactly like another b.l.m. Luckily(2) I was offered a lift to the "not on google maps walking route directions" main road and told me to simply follow the road into town - which it did. :yay:
    So ~10 miles walking today all to pick up an eBay item the seller, for some reason known only to themselves, decided to send "recorded delivery" - wish they'd spent that extra £ on decent packaging :( - I'm off to bed cos I'm knackered. ^_^
  • Options
    Typ33Typ33 Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    When someone fart's in the lift.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    People who buy scratchcards and then hold up the queue in the shop as they stand at the counter scratching at them and then asking the assistant to check them. And the assistants who let them do that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Explaining jokes.

I remember someone saying, "jokes are like kittens: if you dissect them, they're not much good for anything else." It's true.
  • Options
    Typ33Typ33 Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    When people do something ****ing stupid without my permission.
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typ33 wrote: »
    When people do something ****ing stupid without my permission.

And you're the leader are you?
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When a toe nail catches on the quilt cover or sock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when you bang your toe and the toe nail turns bluey/black and now it hurts every time you walk and every time you press it - like now, I'm pressing it... ow!... and again.. ow! I don't know why I'm ow! doing ow! this, and typing ow! too.................. ow!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    when you bang your toe and the toe nail turns bluey/black and now it hurts every time you walk and every time you press it - like now, I'm pressing it... ow!... and again.. ow! I don't know why I'm ow! doing ow! this, and typing ow! too.................. ow!

Is it called masochism, enjoying self inflicted pain?!!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    When a toe nail catches on the quilt cover or sock.

When your partners toenail catches your foot :o:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact there are actors called Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman, and the fact that I always get the two mixed up.
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    I work freelance for two magazines as a writer. They don't pay well but it's writing experience I guess. My design work is on behance (portfolio site) ,trying to work in a professional environment (in a graphic design company for eg) is really hard to get into. I've emailed local design agencies but not much luck.I recently got a freelance job where they sell my designs on merchandise and I get commission from each sale - I don't think it's a big amount of money really but it gives me exposure.

Like you said It might be an idea to make a blog which could have my projects on there (Writing pieces and my designs). I'm really trying here, feel like I've explored all avenues and I got a decent degree grade - It's disheartening when it feels like you've done all that work for nothing.

I'd love to see your design work, if you want to show me - I'm incredibly nosy! :D

Put your behance link into forum sigs, your Twitter profile, FB info, everywhere you can. You're not pushing it on people - you're just letting it sit there in case they want to look. You can be more proactive and say something like, "Have a look at my link right now or I take your garden gnomes hostage!" but I personally don't like being so pushy with people I know.

Don't give up, though. I know it's disheartening after all that work, but look at it the other way: after all that work, it'd be a shame not to make it work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Folding mattresses on eBay that are 165cm in length being described as ADULT size. Seriously ?!...................ow!

So now I've to choose between a nice thick one that's gonna be too short, or a nice extra long one that could be too thin......................... and then I have to pick a mattress. :p
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    The fact there are actors called Bill Paxton and Bill Pullman, and the fact that I always get the two mixed up.

Me too :)
This discussion has been closed.