Options

EastEnders & The Emperor's New Clothes

Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,343
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The 'general' consensus is it's getting better. But not unmissable!

Yes we've seen the trailer. Very nice.

Let EE be GOOD CONSISTENTLY and even UNMISSABLE DTC.

Otherwise despite trailers, radio promotions, red button exclusives, it's still trundling along.

The whole must be greater than the sum of its parts.

Comments

• Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I can't say I'm as excited as some seem to be.

Alfie's insurance scam...one of those daft s/ls that they may regret having done somewhere down the line.

Sharon/Phil a convoluted s/l to give Sharon her own money and business because she just doesn't work as a single mum type character. Denny has now become one of those kids who only appears briefly every 6 months.

Dean/Linda rape. It could be good but on the other hand it's going to destroy a character that had a lot of potential.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks vald for your thoughts. I think it promises to be good but I hope they deliver.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Theres still something not quite clicking but its much better than 12 months ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Thanks vald for your thoughts. I think it promises to be good but I hope they deliver.

I think they'll deliver the drama but it's the aftermath that's all important.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear ya SW! I'm wondering if DTC is all sizzle and no sausage. The stories I'm interested seemed to have so much promise but I feel a bit deflated now. I'm assuming the next 5 months will really crank things up but I feel a bit sceptical.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    I hear ya SW! I'm wondering if DTC is all sizzle and no sausage. The stories I'm interested seemed to have so much promise but I feel a bit deflated now. I'm assuming the next 5 months will really crank things up but I feel a bit sceptical.

BIB Is that the same as kippers and curtains.

I haven't trusted the bloke since I saw myCharlie with that mop and bucket.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »

:D Don't know that one.

All may not be lost 're Charlie. He could be working undercover to stop a Werther's Originals smuggling ring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This made me laugh out LOUD!! :D Hong Kong Phooey
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excellent way of putting it!! He's a tease that DTC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D Don't know that one.

All may not be lost 're Charlie. He could be working undercover to stop a Werther's Originals smuggling ring.

I am resigned to the fact that they only wanted him for his sperm :(....why do I always have to fall for the losers.:blush:
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of promise early on, too many damp squibs and dragging storylines. August was excruciatingly dull and pretty much saved by Cindy returning and giving birth - it really says something when the best thing about it for a whole month was a character who's had precisely 4 minutes of screen time ever.

Charlie went from being mysterious and enigmatic to an impotent bog swilling OAP-bothering loser. The Carters are the most unhealthy family I've ever set eyes on, even without the Deliverance-esque mother/brother/father/cousin-twice-removed stuff.

*sigh*, it's so much better than under Newman, and they have one of the best casts currently that they've ever had IMO - all the ingredients, just please use them properly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Lots of promise early on, too many damp squibs and dragging storylines. August was excruciatingly dull and pretty much saved by Cindy returning and giving birth - it really says something when the best thing about it for a whole month was a character who's had precisely 4 minutes of screen time ever.

Charlie went from being mysterious and enigmatic to an impotent bog swilling OAP-bothering loser. The Carters are the most unhealthy family I've ever set eyes on, even without the Deliverance-esque mother/brother/father/cousin-twice-removed stuff.

*sigh*, it's so much better than under Newman, and they have one of the best casts currently that they've ever had IMO - all the ingredients, just please use them properly!

J-B you crack me up with your 'concern' for the Carters and their dressing up habits.
    When was Charlie impotent? Ronnie is carrying his child and happiness will prevail for her......NOT.
  • Options
    MontyDMontyD Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres still something not quite clicking but its much better than 12 months ago.

Sorry but have to disagree. I just don't see the improvement, it was bad 12 months ago and it's bad now.

I agree with what others have said about Charlie what a let down
  • Options
    Its The WolfIts The Wolf Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    It is very poor but people will always watch it regardless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B you crack me up with your 'concern' for the Carters and their dressing up habits.
    When was Charlie impotent? Ronnie is carrying his child and happiness will prevail for her......NOT.

You've gotta believe me on this one SW, I'm somewhat an expert on impotent blokes, I've had to fight a number of them off of my Katie as she's quite a catch. Charlie is as impotent as they come, in my professional experience.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting to watch the trailer and be like "That's crap" but that looks good, wither or not I tune is another matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am resigned to the fact that they only wanted him for his sperm :(....why do I always have to fall for the losers.:blush:

:o Lawks Val. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent way of putting it!! He's a tease that DTC.

I am beginning to think so. We shall see.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,405
    Forum Member

I don't remember seeing Charlie Slater with a mop and bucket :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I don't remember seeing Charlie Slater with a mop and bucket :confused::confused::confused:

True. I keep calling him Charlie Slater accidentally.

http://insidesoap.wp.cdnds.net/tmp/wpro1408632183590801/2014/08/soapbox34.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member

That is so wrong.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

An impotent, bog-swilling, fogie-bothering, deviant loser. Billy Mitchell wouldn't wipe his shoes on Charlie the toilet urchin. The way it was always meant to be.
  • Options
    ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE is so much better than a year ago. The Carters have been a revelation, actual SLs are occurring now and the new trailer looks amazing.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,405
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    An impotent, bog-swilling, fogie-bothering, deviant loser. Billy Mitchell wouldn't wipe his shoes on Charlie the toilet urchin. The way it was always meant to be.

Lauren Branning isn't even worthy enough to breath the same air as Charlie, she must be shipped off to Hollyoaks immediately
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Lauren Branning isn't even worthy enough to breath the same air as Charlie, she must be shipped off to Hollyoaks immediately

:( You know how to hit a guy where it hurts, right in his Lauren :p

Hmm... On the one hand Hollyoaks is awful, but on the other hand Lauren isn't the best character anyway and being in Hollyoaks would dramatically increase the chances of her getting her kit off :D