• Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XF on Twitter:

11.01 - 337,000 (peak 5,600 p/m) - Rating of 9.5m
    11.02 - 179,000 (peak 5,200 p/m) - Rating of 8.2m
    11.03 - 151,000 (peak 4,200 p/m) - Rating of 8.9m

See link for full reports plus some very hard to read graphs...

https://secondsync.com/leaderboard.html#Sat-Sep-06-2014/totals

Twitter TV reports average tweets per minute of 867 last night

https://twitter.com/TwitterTVUK
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    XF on Twitter:

That's a horrible trend for The X Factor. Is the older audience starting to hold the show up now? If so tomorrow's figure is going to be horrendous.
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,644
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    I know. Strictly has just brought him into mine too. Some very nice (Fully Naked) pics on Google too :o:blush:

I thought you would be backing Wood, Jake Wood. ;)
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    xeo wrote: »
    Nowhere near to the extent they did on the launch night though.
    Oh I dunno. I tend to stay as far away from anything to do with Simon Cowell as I can.
    johnnymc wrote: »
    "Strictly Come Dancing" looks as strong as ever but perhaps they could broadcast the launch show live. I think also the results should also be live, and perhaps just shift the whole show to Sundays!!
    XF on Twitter:

Friday at 7:00pm would have been a good slot. Therefore showing ITV what it's like to clash with two big soaps like they do with EastEnders all the time and leading EastEnders into a good slot at 8:15
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought you would be backing Wood, Jake Wood. ;)
    Who's that? :o:D
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    NeilVW wrote: »
    There was a poll with a slight No lead and a poll with a slight Yes lead.

Why would Sky be bothered particularly either way? They already lump the UK in with Ireland in their corporate world-view.

Because of how much less likely Labour are to take Wesminster in the event of Scottish independence.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That reminded me... I knew there was something I was intending to do:

The X Factor (30/08) vs The Great British Bake Off (27/08) - including +1
    4 to 15 - 1.19m vs 805k
    16 to 24 - 1.08m vs 905k
    25 to 34 - 1.65m vs 1.64m
    35 to 44 - 1.66m vs 1.59m
    45 to 54 - 1.91m vs 1.86m
    55 to 64 - 1.49m vs 1.44m
    65+ - 1.66m vs 2.00m

There really is nothing between them from age 25 onwards, in fact, if you exclude +1, Bake Off beats The X Factor in every demo from that point on. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friday at 7:00pm would have been a good slot. Therefore showing ITV what it's like to clash with two big soaps like they do with EastEnders all the time and leading EastEnders into a good slot at 8:15

You mean like they have in the past with The Voice and Strictly airing on Friday and clashing with the soaps?

As I said earlier, I don't think the soaps should clash or big reality TV shows should clash. But out of the two networks ITV has more of a reason to do so than the BBC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who's that? :o:D

He's in a show that I think you should catch up on its on most weeks..called "EastEnders" try it you might like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    That's a horrible trend for The X Factor. Is the older audience starting to hold the show up now? If so tomorrow's figure is going to be horrendous.

Despite the drop in twitter activity, the audience profile last Sunday was younger than on the Saturday. I'm also not 100% sure what the Second Sync leaderboard measures - if it's just the slot or the whole day (in which case loads of XF returns tweets could have inflated the launch).
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    "Strictly Come Dancing" looks as strong as ever but perhaps they could broadcast the launch show live. I think also the results should also be live, and perhaps just shift the whole show to Sundays!!

If they'd done the launch show live they'd not have had the adorable Brucie moment tonight!

Agree that the results should be live though. Make SCD the bread for a Doctor Who/Atlantis sandwich and see what happens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You mean like they have in the past with The Voice and Strictly airing on Friday and clashing with the soaps?

As I said earlier, I don't think the soaps should clash or big reality TV shows should clash. But out of the two networks ITV has more of a reason to do so than the BBC.
    Yeah as ''one off's '' ITV clash their soaps a number of times a year and of course BGT airs against EastEnders 3/4 nights a year.

I agree none of them should clash at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite the drop in twitter activity, the audience profile last Sunday was younger than on the Saturday. I'm also not 100% sure what the Second Sync leaderboard measures - if it's just the slot or the whole day (in which case loads of XF returns tweets could have inflated the launch).

Thanks. So the decline was the older audience ditching The X Factor for Countryfile then? Could be an ongoing issue unless they're careful. Certainly tonight is going to be very painful reading for ITV - I'm starting to think it will go against the Doctor Who anniversary clash episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He's in a show that I think you should catch up on its on most weeks..called "EastEnders" try it you might like it.
    oh is it full of cockneys? ;-)
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just a typical trend for a show really. I posted some stats the other day showing that last week the Sunday episode skewed younger than the Saturday one (26% 16-34s versus 24%).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zac Quinn wrote: »
    If they'd done the launch show live they'd not have had the adorable Brucie moment tonight!

Agree that the results should be live though. Make SCD the bread for a Doctor Who/Atlantis sandwich and see what happens.

Like it! My perfect viewing night! ( minus Atlantis!!! )
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member

And show what on Saturdays in its place? Tumble series 2? Would take away a lot of the "fun" on this thread!
    XF on Twitter:

So it needs to be somewhere near 4,000 tweets a minute peak to be respectable?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah as ''one off's '' ITV clash their soaps a number of times a year and of course BGT airs against EastEnders 3/4 nights a year.

I agree none of them should clash at all.

I don't mind an EastEnders/Britain's Got Talent clash as much as they're different styles of show. Same as Strictly/The Voice clashing with the soaps. It's when they clash shows from the same genre - it's hardly giving the viewer choice!
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member

It's just the slot. :)
  • Options
    lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Thom Evans, where have you been all my life? :D

X Factor seems to be experiencing a social-media crisis. Where are all the yoof going on a Sunday? What was Twitter like last Sunday? Not sure it was reported here.
    I know. Strictly has just brought him into mine too. Some very nice (Fully Naked) pics on Google too :o:blush:

Thom's mine so hands off! :D I knew Dan would add some smut to the discussion ;)

Hoping Strictly thrashes X Factor, will be bloody hilarious if it does! Fantastic lineup, MUCH better than last year, and just has such a feel good factor.

I'm revising my predictions:
    SCD - 8.7m
    TXF - 8m
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. So the decline was the older audience ditching The X Factor for Countryfile then? Could be an ongoing issue unless they're careful. Certainly tonight is going to be very painful reading for ITV - I'm starting to think it will go against the Doctor Who anniversary clash episode.

Screenwatch blog... http://screenwatch.tumblr.com/

However, the second show, last night at 8pm, drew 8.2m (34.9%). While this is very well above the benchmark Share of 24.6% for the timeslot, it was well down on last year’s second-show figure of 9.9m (39.1%). Over half a million of Saturday night’s X Factor viewers checked out BBC2’s Dragons’ Den on Sunday evening, and over 970,000 took in some of BBC1’s Countryfile, so maybe it was just down to the competition, and the consolidated figures will pick the total right up. There may be an advantage to viewing via PVR for many fans, as it will allow them to fast forward through the excruciating number of ad breaks …
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,690
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen it approach anywhere near that volume tonight. Admittedly I'm not keeping very close tabs on it, but 1.6K was the biggest I saw.

http://uk.beamly.com/tv/episode/1510583/the-x-factor/rooms?mb=16
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    XF on Twitter:

Twitter TV reports average tweets per minute of 867 last night

https://twitter.com/TwitterTVUK

Excuse my ignorance but what does this mean in layman's terms? Does it predict X Factor drop or X Factor success?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Judging by the difference between last Sunday and last night, it could peak 1,000 lower on Twitter (5,200 down to 4,200) and gain 700,000 viewers on TV (8.2m to 8.9m).
    It's just the slot. :)

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Thom's mine so hands off! :D

Hoping Strictly thrashes X Factor, will be bloody hilarious if it does! Fantastic lineup, MUCH better than last year, and just has such a feel good factor.

I'm revising my predictions:
    SCD - 8.7m
    TXF - 8m
    Never :p

I agree. Just to hear ITV/Cowell coming up with all the excuses out of the book
    If the other way around ITV will no doubt try and clash against Strictly become big headed and then they get beaten.
    I don't mind an EastEnders/Britain's Got Talent clash as much as they're different styles of show. Same as Strictly/The Voice clashing with the soaps. It's when they clash shows from the same genre - it's hardly giving the viewer choice!
    So is XF and Strictly
    One is People dancing and one is people singing (Or at least trying most of the time) :p
This discussion has been closed.