Options

Are we seriously expected to believe Gary just relocated his knee?

Comments

• Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    bluefb wrote: »
    If you have to refer to people that disagree with you as part of a 'cult', it's probably a sign that your argument is lacking. ;-)

ill assume you can't put forward an explanation as to why Gary refuses to wear underwear then;-)
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,900
    Forum Member
    Someone I knew at school broke her leg and her knee/leg occasionally, sometimes often, "gave way" and she couldn't get around without people helping her to get up and back on her crutches and to the school nurse or sit down until the pain went away.

I think Gary was being honest that his knee was playing up one way or the other.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    yogacats wrote: »
    My knee has dislocated three times and yes you have to sit there (in agony, because you cannot move your leg AT ALL) till you rub, massage and manipulate it back in. I am in my 50s now and have discomfort in both knees and it VARIES from day to day. Sometimes I can sit a certain way, sometimes I cant. Please don't be cynical. if you haven't been through it, you cannot say how it is or 'should be'

I have one question for you?

Do you go commando?

:D
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My knee has dislocated three times and yes you have to sit there (in agony, because you cannot move your leg AT ALL) till you rub, massage and manipulate it back in. I am in my 50s now and have discomfort in both knees and it VARIES from day to day. Sometimes I can sit a certain way, sometimes I cant. Please don't be cynical. if you haven't been through it, you cannot say how it is or 'should be'

I've never experienced this Yoga but it bloody irks me when people just assume how something should or shouldn't be - or they've their own experience but only one cap fits all.
    People saying he should have gone to the bedroom or bathroom ... astounds me the level of ignorance found on here some times :(
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    Warning seemed fine to me. Certainly in regards to sticking your ass,cock and balls on a chair in a food preparation area (and his exposing himself to women in the house has happened before this).

When it comes down to it BB should never have allowed him in the house alone IMO...should have put his wife in with him.
    If someone is preparing food on the seat of any chair ... there's something very wrong in there. Someone's clothed ass on a chair is just barely (no pun intended) less unpalatable.

People are living in a house together. That means they're showering, dressing, etc., in the company of one another. I imagine they've all seen one another unclothed to a certain extent. But for some reason, when it's an older, or less attractive person ... everyone thinks it's "disgusting." It's not. It's just the human body. I thought Brits were supposed to be the non-prudish ones?
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member

Do you go commando?

LOL :D
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was repositioning his knee brace
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you go commando?

She probably doesn't wear a bra either trevor. Ain't that so yoga ;-)

and they call me a hussy ;-)

:)
  • Options
    emmaxxsemmaxxs Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheils1 wrote: »
    FFS exposing himself, Dee couldnt see nothing she just loves to exaggerate. Oh dear what would you have said in the old days when mums used to change pooy nappies on the kitchen table?

I did feel for Dee this episode but really, coming over all delicate flower lol please.
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    She probably doesn't wear a bra either trevor. Ain't that so yoga ;-)

and they call me a hussy ;-)

:)

LOL ..... yes, bra-less, but definitely not knickerless! :D:o:D
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Before surgery I had to manipulate a slipping meniscus back into place from time to time. Very painful when it pops out and you can't put weight on the leg. I could fix mine with trousers on as I didn't wear a brace.

I don't think Gary said he'd dislocated the knee but that his lateral meniscus had popped out. I guess this is something he has to deal with regularly at home and didn't properly consider the propriety of his actions because of the pain.
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ill assume you can't put forward an explanation as to why Gary refuses to wear underwear then;-)
    "Refuses" ... lol. How very prejudicial. Like it's against the law, or something.

I don't know. Why does George? Does that outrage you, too?
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a bit like saying someone isn't depressed when the person saying it has never been depressed themselves .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,609
    Forum Member
    The pain when I had my shoulder relocated is something I will never forget.

Gary seems to have a high pain tolerance....

Relocating a knee:
    http://www.thesurvivaldoctor.com/2012/10/09/dislocated-kneecap/

Popping a dislocated shoulder back in:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-pop-back-in-a-dislocated-shoulder/

Seems like people do these things. :o:o
  • Options
    KaylaLKaylaL Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has of many many years, suffered knee joint pain along with back and hip osteoporosis...I can assure anyone that when your knee *pops out* you simply cannot make your way to another room, He sat there because he couldn't move, I expect the thought he wasn't wearing underwear, never entered his mind as this happens suddenly with no warning and the pain is unbelievable.
  • Options
    weekarnygeeweekarnygee Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Isn't it the same knee that he bends when he sits with his foot on top of his right knee? I'd have thought that may have made his knee situation worse.

Already pointed this out on another thread apparently is is perfectly reasonable the he can sit like this with such a bad knee injury. He has that type of problem that is completely debilitating one minute and then disappears almost instantly. You are wasting your time think the saying is "there are none so blind as those who will not see"
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    Didn't he say he was in pain so he had to adjust the strapping :confused:

This sounds legit too me.

Dee needs to get a grip...
    I bet if it were Ricci's tiny balls exposed she wouldn't have been offended... she'd be on her knees teabagging them :o
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,061
    Forum Member
    cherry pip wrote: »
    A friend's son's knee would dislocate when he was a teenager and they had to pop it back in. It was eventually operated on but it was really painful and disabling when it happened. I'd say that if Gary's has been doing this for all those years, he'd be an expert at it. Must hurt like crazy when it pops out!

So WHEREVER HE IS Gary would drop his trousers to fix his knee, even if he was "going commando"? I really, really don't think so - particularly in the States where nudity and topless sunbathing are regarded with absolute HORROR, even for toddlers.
  • Options
    Flo71Flo71 Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theid wrote: »
    So WHEREVER HE IS Gary would drop his trousers to fix his knee, even if he was "going commando"? I really, really don't think so - particularly in the States where nudity and topless sunbathing are regarded with absolute HORROR, even for toddlers.

He wasn't anywhere he was in a room with all adults and at the time he did it there wasn't a female in the immediate vicinity. He explained he was caught with a sudden pain and adjusted his knee and brace.
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member

"Absolute horror" ? That's a bit much. :blush:

Generalizations about America rarely are going to be applicable, it's too diverse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pain when I had my shoulder relocated is something I will never forget.

Gary seems to have a high pain tolerance....

Yes.

The meniscus injury he's talking about usually comes from an accident etc, is permanent, once it's torn it never heals, and can sometimes cause that "clonking" people get in their knee, it's usually not painful, however it can at times get stuck and cause the knee to lock, which causes a very uncomfortable feeling, almost as if your knee is bending back in the opposite direction.

His reaction was quite normal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Slight overreaction.
  • Options
    jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he could of asked james to assist him to the bathroom
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyo55 wrote: »
    he could of asked james to assist him to the bathroom

He could have, had he not panicked.

But the injury Gary has, when it get's stuck in the joint, it gives a feeling as if the knee is being bent back in the opposite direction.

It's quite difficult to not panic though with that feeling.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    He's an exhibitionist who loves camera time and shock value.