Options

Things that annoy you on these forums

Comments

• Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    bspace wrote: »
    FMs whose first post on a large page count thread is something which has been covered about 20 times already

read, or at least skim, the fing thread

People who don't understand the benefit of a consensus. :p

Actually on that note, one thing that does bug me is when somebody posts a thread asking for opinions, person A posts theirs and then 20 other people post a different one and person A replies to each one, in turn, to tell everybody they don't agree, and why.

Yes, we get that you have a different opinion. You've already posted it so wind your f**king neck in and give everybody else the same opportunity.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That 'Bex' girl,
    that 'Ramo' person,
    That 'Frankie' girl
    That 'stoatie' person

as well as several others who I cannot remember their usernames

Girls are people too!
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    Girls are people too!

Yeah, but they're often not girls. :p
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    when people pile in and start taking the piss out of or ripping to pieces someone who`s clearly sick, vulnerable or having a hard enough time already.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when people pile in and start taking the piss out of or ripping to pieces someone who`s clearly sick, vulnerable or having a hard enough time already.
    Here's a good one.;-)

Sentences begin with a capital letter, a quick look at your previous posts! :o
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Sometimes I get so angry I could break a breadstick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    Here's a good one.;-)

you understood what i have written though did you?
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    People who don't understand the benefit of a consensus. :p

Actually on that note, one thing that does bug me is when somebody posts a thread asking for opinions, person A posts theirs and then 20 other people post a different one and person A replies to each one, in turn, to tell everybody they don't agree, and why.

Yes, we get that you have a different opinion. You've already posted it so wind your f**king neck in and give everybody else the same opportunity.

I call them "keeper of the thread" They seem to feel the need to reply to every post.

"I have posted my opinion why are you all still posting, the thread is now over"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    There's no point getting annoyed on forums. It's just a load of people talking nonsense at the end of the day.
    Yeah, this really.
    That 'Bex' girl,
    that 'Ramo' person,
    That 'Frankie' girl
    That 'stoatie' person

LOL :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a good one.;-)

People who feel the need to point out grammar, and or spelling, when not one poster has found the post a problem.

Or was that your point? Sometimes I dont get a joke.. :blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posters who misread and keep on misreading.
    Its like they have read something totally different to everyone else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you understood what i have written though did you?
    I can understand most things without any punctuation at all.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't use it, does it? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can understand most things without any punctuation at all.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't use it, does it? ;-)

this is a forum not an essay or formal communication, you can comprehend what i have written and the lack of capitalisation is irrelevant to that.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what happened to the last "things that annoy you about forums" thread .. just sayin' :)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1932471
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That atrocious Oscar Pistorius thread, with people commenting as though the whole thing is an episode of Eastenders.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first person to reply in a particular thread and they feel the need to quote the whole initial post made by the person who created the thread, WHY?

That one is sometimes understandable and/or excusable in that when a thread is beginning to attract responses several people may be posting at once, so that although there's only the initial post when you start replying, by the time your post appears it may be halfway down the page.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    That atrocious Oscar Pistorius thread, with people commenting as though the whole thing is an episode of Eastenders.

I find that one of the saddest things on DS. (not read that thread) Posters who seems to discuss soaps like they are real, and real life like they are soaps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is a forum not an essay or formal communication, you can comprehend what i have written and the lack of capitalisation is irrelevant to that.
    Well, I'm pleased you're in a minority. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    That one is sometimes understandable and/or excusable in that when a thread is beginning to attract responses several people may be posting at once, so that although there's only the initial post when you start replying, by the time your post appears it may be halfway down the page.
    True, it's just annoying when the quoted post is really long ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who feel the need to point out grammar, and or spelling, when not one poster has found the post a problem.

Or was that your point? Sometimes I dont get a joke.. :blush::D
    To pretent to know the opinion of others.:D

Just because they haven't said anything it doesn't mean they have an opinion one way or the other. It's possible people may think it could result in an adverse reaction so they dont say anything. ;-)
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Completely agree with this. Especially when it leads to the person deciding not to post on the forum anymore.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what happened to the last "things that annoy you about forums" thread .. just sayin' :)

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1932471

I couldn't really care less about what happened to another thread on the same topic, I doubt many people would care tbh, but one thing I notice from that link is that MissPinotGrigio is no longer banned. I thought she was. :confused:
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That 'Bex' girl,
    that 'Ramo' person,
    That 'Frankie' girl
    That 'stoatie' person

Why? Is it because they have made you look like a fool?

Nar you've done that all by yourself ;)
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,063
    Forum Member
    For me, it's people who only reply to those posts they feel they can belittle, and ignore all those who use facts and logic to counter their argument.
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eccles...

And his/her centring of all text they write on here.