Options

George- I am the British Public (Vid)

Comments

• Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary was asked by Dee who he thought would win. He paused for a moment and said "That's up to the British public and how they see it....".

George cuts in and asks Gary "Does that mean you'd pick yourself?"

How he interpreted that from what Gary said is incredible. Does he honestly expect that to come across as a sincere question based on what Gary said?
    No George, if you have trouble understanding basic English it simply means what he said, that it's up to the British public. It can't be said in any simpler way.

Then after one or two people guessing Edele and Audley, Gary responds by saying "See that's how we think in here, programmed to think like how BB wants us to think"
    Which probably has some basis of truth to it seeing as in most series housemates start obsessing about the answer to this question.

Then George interrupts Gary by talking over him saying "No no no no, whoa whoa".

Gary then appears frustrated at that, and George then asks Gary, "Can I give you some advice as a British citizen?" Then after a bit of an exchange between them George then asks "Can I respond? I think you'll learn something from it".

After a pause Gary continues "In terms of who's going to win this thing, nobody knows...."

Then George responds by saying "We wasn't talking about that".:confused:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but that was exactly what they were talking about.

Then George bangs on about himself being different from the others because he was cast on his show Gogglebox to represent the British public, as if his opinion counts for a lot more.
    George also accuses Gary of being naive to think that the viewers are manipulated by what they watch.
    Which is all kinds of wrong for a start, but more importantly that wasn't what Gary even said. Gary said that the housemates were manipulated by BB, not the public.

That's not the full transcript, but it's the gist of it with the comments which stood out to me especially for being eye-boggling dumb by George.

For whatever reason it looked to me like George had suddenly got anxious about his chances of winning tomorrow and tried to make a big play against Gary. But instead revealed his own desperation.
    Perhaps this came after their speeches to each other and he got a bit scared of how their speeches may come across to viewers?
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, Alrightmate. Your account fits what I remember from watching the clip a couple of hours ago.

I think that one of the things it illustrates is how some of the HMs (here, it's George) don't really listen to what Gary says.

And perhaps also how James has influenced the way some HMs perceive Gary, because James has made much of how things are supposedly different here in his lectures on how "rude" Gary is. (Though that is partly because Gary explains some things by saying he's American.)

Another thought: Perhaps George thought Gary mean he (Gary) was going to win because George thinks he (George) is going to win (projection) -- or, as you suggest, has that on his mind and fears he won't win and "got anxious about his chances".
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like he thought he was the only person approached to appear on Gogglebox and represent the Great British Public. Perhaps he never watched it himself, if he thought he was the star of the show. Shame they didn't approach some of his much more amusing and entertaining co-stars to do CBB instead of him.

Like Steph and Dom. The real stars of that show. Gogglebollocks not fit to lick their boots.
  • Options
    HailHenrikHailHenrik Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    may god have mercy on us all

alex salmond could use this speech to his benefit in the next week
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Like Steph and Dom. The real stars of that show. Gogglebollocks not fit to lick their boots.

That show is shite

It's like 'Talk Sport' radio ... the station where some some sad old fat bastid can ring in from his armchair to slag off fit and athletic young men who excell at what they do
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pat_carter wrote: »
    Who in the hell does this boy think he is? He doesn't represent me or my family and friends! >:( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chyijc63n2c&list=UUOIeG57ze1ZVvfpyJIloNrw

He's actually been nothing but annoying to me and not just because of the irritating never blown his nose ever kinda screeching voice, he comes across as quite sneaky and false, would not like to see him win at all
  • Options
    Wilton ShagpileWilton Shagpile Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched this! God what a knob George is, he's always sounded retarded to me...even more so now.
  • Options
    QueenPixieQueenPixie Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GOD! I dont want him to win!
  • Options
    wczorajdzonsonwczorajdzonson Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    He is famous for being on TV, thats it, hardly a career
    And what are you famous for? Posting lousy comments? That's not fame, my dear!
  • Options
    Pro_SniperPro_Sniper Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dee: if you were to pick 1 person, who would you pick? Gary: That's up to the British public and how they see it. George: Does that mean you pick yourself?

You see how these clowns put words in your mouth when they don't like your answer?

It's all very well for all them to name a fake friend who they think "deserve" to win(George can choose Edele. James can choose George. Dee can choose George etc.. while we all know it's utter garbage as each of them are only desperate for themselves to win) but they know Gary isn't that close to any of them..and so it felt to me like it was a loaded question sent from Dee to Gary in the hope he'd say himself; and in the process damage his chances of winning, as we know the moronic BP don't like any sort of arrogance, but have no problem buying the "humble" BS story that so many past HMs have hid behind; Dee&George are just another pair who can be added to that pack. I wouldn't even have minded any of the others winning if they hadn't been so vocal in running down Gary in the process. But it's obvious they all fear the spiritual guru and see him as the biggest obstacle in their way of finishing first..so they carry on attempting to discredit him at every opportunity. Sad. But that's desperation for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    O dear another self righteous prick
  • Options
    QueenPixieQueenPixie Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with this from FB

George, Edele, James, they are all sOO threatened by ANYTHING that Gary says, and TWIST everything before he even says it ! When Gary said `It is up to the British public who wins` George immediately sunk his teeth in saying `Does that mean you`re saying you will win` What a mean-spirited individual George is, and did you see Edele smirking and gleefully watching George try yet again to destroy Gary. They are so repugnant!
  • Options
    japarajapara Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not the great British public, he's a very naughty boy.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who in the hell does this boy think he is? He doesn't represent me or my family and friends! >:( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chyijc63n2c&list=UUOIeG57ze1ZVvfpyJIloNrw
    Me neither! He's an odious smarmy creep!
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    He was saying that he is the 'expert' on what the British public want to watch on TV ... and that he is, therefore, best placed to predict who the public will want to win CBB

He IS 'us' ... or so he seems to think
    He really has an over inflated sense of importance. He certainly doesn't speak for me & never will! The day I have to rely on GoggleBollocks expertise is the day hell will freeze over.
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member

Well God help us then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    conmarcas3conmarcas3 Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Sounds like he thought he was the only person approached to appear on Gogglebox and represent the Great British Public. Perhaps he never watched it himself, if he thought he was the star of the show. Shame they didn't approach some of his much more amusing and entertaining co-stars to do CBB instead of him.

I would have much preferred the middle aged drinking couple, they would have been hilarious, or the younger gay friends. Could have been worse though, they could have picked the kid with the weird hair who never says anything. Why they put him on a show is beyond me
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Disappointed with him on this show. He is a bit of an idiot, and out of all the goggleboxers who could have been a part of this show I'm amazed he got the gig
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    **JennaJ** wrote: »
    Grrrrrrrr can't remember the last time I disliked so many Housemates!

Who the Fcuk does he think he is?......Like seriously!?.....he's a jumped up little mummy's boy who's finally realised that a LOT of people like Gary and he's trying to make a last minute attempt to get the "Great British Public" on his side because we are all like him!?

No George thankfully we are NOT all like you!

BIB He's not the only one doing this. James and Dee started it off and he's jumped on the bandwagon. I think they're working on the basis that Americans never win CBB. I certainly don't want people like George or Dee representing me.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

He represents the numb nuts whose main occupation is watching television to the exclusion of almost everything else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people on THIS forum calling George "up himself".

Hilarious.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he's the British public, then I'm the headache he gets every time he opens his mouth, and the nagging voice that shouts 'Shut up, you're not funny or useful' >:(:D
  • Options
    bbfiveneverbbfivenever Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No George, you're just a reclaimed bo selecta mask. and an annoying voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    coming over as another desperate one, probably has had the chats from James and Dee about how the GBP will vote one of their own, so try that tack..
    some of what they were saying would be deemed racist in my book if gary had come from another country
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else laugh at 'Can I give you some advice, as a British shitizen'? :D
  • Options
    detroit citydetroit city Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and this goggleboxgobshite will be your winner folks, very sad

Edelle was quick with her no for Audley to win wasn't she