Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 22)

Comments

• Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Held on but not sure for how long, already looks like as expected three points to make up on poland and Ireland
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great goal. 1-1
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Scotland unbelieveably have equalised!
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Oh well that didn't last long
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful decision by the ref
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect he didn't have the bottle to send him off
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotland have every right to be annoyed at the end. Reiss was down for the first 2 mins of injury time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very unlucky thought we held our own in the Scotland half.

We have a decent hard working midfield although I would move on from darren fletcher as he offers little.

We do however lack a clinical finishing forward which will be crucial in the other games as we still need to score more goals
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing missing from that heroic defeat was a Gary Caldwell OG
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Very unlucky thought we held our own in the Scotland half.

We have a decent hard working midfield although I would move on from darren fletcher as he offers little.

We do however lack a clinical finishing forward which will be crucial in the other games as we still need to score more goals

Excellent second half performance after being overwhelmed in the first half. Germany definitely deserved to win but it was a good showing by the Scots.

I'd say you're ahead of where Ireland are at the moment based on this evening's Irish performance. Martin O'Neill is going to have to do some chopping and changing particularly in central midfield and on the left side of defence if his team is going to be competitive in this group.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cowan really is a fanny ... we lost the game down the right side ? Hutton had Izaguirre'S boots on on the right side !! >:(>:(
    & wot the **** is that "
    "Do-Re-Mi" is a show tune from the 1959 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical The ... Do refers to Doe, defined as the female of a deer or related animal, "a deer, .."

fanks tae google :o
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a positive note I had 2-1 Germany @ 10/1, £5 on it. 10/1 ! stroll on. Rather adventurously I also had £3 on Scotland to win @ 12s just in case we shocked them. We can qualify from this group though, need to tighten up a bit in defence.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Yes the second goal doesn't look too far away

Tell us what players you'd have chosen instead and how there were too many English based players chosen instead.

You love to complain about the selection so tell us the solution instead...........

I notice you avoided my charity bet.....
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great effort by Scotland. Could be very interesting between us, Poland and ROI for second place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great effort by Scotland. Could be very interesting between us, Poland and ROI for second place.

Those three all have strengths and weaknesses....it's anyone's guess what will happen between them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georgia away will not be easy - Ireland needed a sublime finish from McGeady to finish them off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Georgia away will not be easy - Ireland needed a sublime finish from McGeady to finish them off.

Yes we had lost there before, three games before xmas we need to take 7 points a feel to say it's started well
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotland made a game of it at least despite the poor refereeing, although the Germans looked barely out of first gear. The usual suspects in defence killed our chances of the draw but that's why I think we will struggle to qualify. Ireland and Poland are off to a flier and if Scotland don't beat Georgia it's almost game over already considering the next game after that is a tricky one in Poland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »

Yes, I watched the game in full yesterday. They're not an easy side to break down : they have some big strong guys at the back and they were clearing most of the stuff thrown at them with ease....I can see why they don't concede many goals in qualifiers.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulgrew being suspended is good for Scotland . How he manages to continue to convince Manager's he can play in midfield amazes me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A hard game for Celtic tomorrow against Aberdeen but I'm confident of getting all 3 points after a rather lacklustre start to the league campaign.

Hopefully a goal for Scepovic to get him off to a flying start.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope we win & get our season started tomorrow :)
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done The Sons on a great performance v Hearts ♥ today. Could have won the match too, late on.
    For a 0-0 it was a cracking game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why couldn't Amido Balde do this for Celtic?

Great strike.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aberdeen lodge complaint with the SFA over alleged racist incident involving Tonev and Shay Logan.