Gary Busey Criticises Royal Family, Uk television And Fellow HouseMates

griffin5779griffin5779 Posts: 958
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    Of course he did, you could just tell how nasty and horrible he was by the way he graciously took the attacks from all those vile creatures he lived with in the house...
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    He's expressed his opinion .... as he has every right to do. As for calling Dee a liar. He's RIGHT!
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    "In an interview with the Daily Star UK,"

Stopped reading there.
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    oh dear
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary is always blameless.

Therefore, I naturally blame the Queen, UK television and the other housemates. How dare they!>:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yogacats wrote: »
    He's expressed his opinion .... as he has every right to do. As for calling Dee a liar. He's RIGHT!

Yes but yoga, he's wrong. You see James and Dee, for eg, were speaking the truth, it was Gary who was fooling all of us.

This article isn't acceptable because it's Gary's views.

Amazing how someone can try to turn a decent article into an attack on Gary himself because, let's be honest, there isn't much else to use ;-)
  • Options
    KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    Oh no! And the only reason I voted for him to win was because I thought he liked Prince Charles and Downton Abbey! :cry:

NEXT :D
  • Options
    LostindexLostindex Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe him about Dee being a liar. She is a vile disgusting liar !!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like Steffanie has been filling him in on what the others have been saying about him and now he's having his say :D
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a lot of us Brits hate the Royals too :D
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has always been a republican so no surprise there, but shows all the love was a bit of a lie IMO, I think everyone in there said how much they loved each other and none of them were telling the truth.

As for Downton being boring not as boring as the films he has been in IMO and that at the end of the day is all it is opinion but at least I watched one of his films he says he hasn't watched downton so I won't be taking his opinion as gospel on that one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    KT_Dog wrote: »
    Oh no! And the only reason I voted for him to win was because I thought he liked Prince Charles and Downton Abbey! :cry:

NEXT :D

LOLOL

in fact these are another two reasons he deserved to win IMO
    and he isn't insulting the Brits - just commenting on some royals, and a TV drama

and WHAT boreghton Abbey? more exciting that Point Break, Under siege, Predator?? I tried to watch the first series, but it was too dull for me tbh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cherry pip wrote: »
    Yes but yoga, he's wrong. You see James and Dee, for eg, were speaking the truth, it was Gary who was fooling all of us.

This article isn't acceptable because it's Gary's views.

Amazing how someone can try to turn a decent article into an attack on Gary himself because, let's be honest, there isn't much else to use ;-)

Its not that he has opinions..it that he can be all gushing and how wonderful the UK is in his interview..then turn around and be nasty and insulting....Kinda reinforces a lot that that the other housemate say and calls into Question what is the Real Gary..or if the Burnt out brain damaged over the hill self important actor real has any filter or consideration given the way he insults the Country and Show that Just made him winner.

**Oh by the way...the above is perfectly ok to say about Gary..cause it's just my opinion*
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im shocked....not ..no need for him to speel rehab guff now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Seeing as it's a quiet morning, let's analyse the article:

In an interview with the Daily Star UK, two days after being declared the winner, Gary shared what he really thinks of the UK, it's Royal family, television shows, and the British housemates he had to interact and live with for some months.
    Some months???:confused: Oh, and it's Royal Family

Gary Busey was all praises for Great Britain when he won "Celebrity Big Brother" UK, but turned a complete 360º two days after.
    OK ... I wonder what he said about it:

Winning for him, he shared, was his way to show how much he loves the UK. He even said his experience on "CBB" made him see why there's the word "Great" in front of Britain.
    That's not a 360º - he said it in the house. And to a normal person that's not putting us down in any way.

"Your royals are from the past. They are just a tradition and symbol of something that meant so much to England way back when—but not now. Now they are more like a sideshow. There's a lot of scandal and misrepresentation of love at Buckingham Palace. Prince Charles and Camilla and Diana and going with the Arab guy. And they're Germans!," claimed Gary of the Royal Family.
    OK. many British people feel the same way. (and I'm not being anti-Royalist here, I'm pro). And yep, technically they are Germans (with a side order of Greek). Hardly shocking stuff.

He then proceeded to attack the country's television shows. Asked if he likes renowned British shows like "Downtown Abbey," the celebrity was quick to answer he does not watch British TV shows. He particularly shared that he thinks "Dowtown Abbey" is a boring show and that the "Big Brother" UK version is too weak compared to the U.S. version.
    Some attack. I've seen geese with more of a combat style.;-)
    Of course, he's entitled to his mild opinion of Downton - 50 million Brits don't watch it either.And nobody can argue he's not spot on about BBUK v BBUSA (don't even mention BBAustralia!!!).
    No 360ºs there either, or anything controversial.

He also shared his true feelings, which borders on intense dislike and hatred, for his fellow "CBB" housemates, Deirdre Kelly, better known as Dee, and Lauren Goodger. It was previously reported both female housemates claimed Gary loved flashing his privates at them. He took the opportunity now to defend himself.
    Gary said Dee is a liar. "I didn't expose myself to her. I sat on a stool and she came in the door and screamed. I pulled down my trousers to put on a knee pad," he shared. He also added he sleeps in blue-and-white pants every night and Lauren is also lying about him flashing her.
    Gary also claimed the other housemates were degrading. He only got along with Audley and is the only housemate he would keep in touch with now that the completion is over.
    No 360º there either. And the 'borders on intense dislike and hatred' bits are??? :confused:

Remember this, right at the beginning:
    In an interview with the Daily Star UK.
    Oh, right ... *sigh*

Not even an adequate hatchet job, utterly shoddy journalism, and a colossal misinterpretation ...
    That 360º was a victory roll.
    And they left out the HONK! as he performed it.
    :D;-)

EDIT: Good grief: there were no responses to the OP when I started this :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    He has always been a republican so no surprise there, but shows all the love was a bit of a lie IMO, I think everyone in there said how much they loved each other and none of them were telling the truth.

As for Downton being boring not as boring as the films he has been in IMO and that at the end of the day is all it is opinion but at least I watched one of his films he says he hasn't watched downton so I won't be taking his opinion as gospel on that one.

Actually in America Republicans show slightly more interest in the Royals then Democrates
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member

In an interview with the Daily Star UK, two days after being declared the winner, Gary shared what he really thinks of the UK, it's Royal family, television shows, and the British housemates he had to interact and live with for some months.

Gary Busey was all praises for Great Britain when he won "Celebrity Big Brother" UK, but turned a complete 360º two days after.

Winning for him, he shared, was his way to show how much he loves the UK. He even said his experience on "CBB" made him see why there's the word "Great" in front of Britain.
    That's not a 360º - he said it in the house. And to a normal person that's not putting us down in any way.

"Your royals are from the past. They are just a tradition and symbol of something that meant so much to England way back when—but not now. Now they are more like a sideshow. There's a lot of scandal and misrepresentation of love at Buckingham Palace. Prince Charles and Camilla and Diana and going with the Arab guy. And they're Germans!," claimed Gary of the Royal Family.
    OK. many British people feel the same way. (and I'm not being anti-Royalist here, I'm pro). And yep, technically they are Germans (with a side order of Greek). Hardly shocking stuff.

He then proceeded to attack the country's television shows. Asked if he likes renowned British shows like "Downtown Abbey," the celebrity was quick to answer he does not watch British TV shows. He particularly shared that he thinks "Dowtown Abbey" is a boring show and that the "Big Brother" UK version is too weak compared to the U.S. version.
    Of course, he's entitled to his mild opinion of Downton - 50 million Brits don't watch it either.And nobody can argue he's not spot on about BBUK v BBUSA (don't even mention BBAustralia!!!).

He also shared his true feelings, which borders on intense dislike and hatred, for his fellow "CBB" housemates, Deirdre Kelly, better known as Dee, and Lauren Goodger. It was previously reported both female housemates claimed Gary loved flashing his privates at them. He took the opportunity now to defend himself.
    Gary said Dee is a liar. "I didn't expose myself to her. I sat on a stool and she came in the door and screamed. I pulled down my trousers to put on a knee pad," he shared. He also added he sleeps in blue-and-white pants every night and Lauren is also lying about him flashing her.
    Gary also claimed the other housemates were degrading. He only got along with Audley and is the only housemate he would keep in touch with now that the completion is over.
    No 360º there either. And the 'borders on intense dislike and hatred' bits are??? :confused:

Oh, right ... *sigh*

Not even an adequate hatchet job, utterly shoddy journalism, and a colossal misinterpretation ...

yup, that was pretty much my reaction too-
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Is anyone honestly surprised he was full of crap..he was spouting rubbish like a motivational speaker being paid to be sincere and coming out with cliches all the way through..nobody truly speaks like that..
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Meanwhile in the Beano.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not that he has opinions..it that he can be all gushing and how wonderful the UK is in his interview..then turn around and be nasty and insulting....Kinda reinforces a lot that that the other housemate say and calls into Question what is the Real Gary..or if the Burnt out brain damaged over the hill self important actor real has any filter or consideration given the way he insults the Country and Show that Just made him winner.

**Oh by the way...the above is perfectly ok to say about Gary..cause it's just my opinion*

I love America but there are certain parts of it that I hate so the same can be afforded to Gary or anyone else I would have thought. You are trying to take his opinion and turn it to make it fit what the others said in BB, conveniently forgetting of course the admittance by Dee herself of their game tactic to get him out. Brits insult this country and with good reason.

As for your last point, it isn't relevant because that isn't what I was saying. If James or Dee had done this interview, it would have been okay and a "well they're being truthful aren't they?" attitude but because it's Gary, it isn't. Nothing to do with 'your opinion' at all, although I suspect you knew that. We all have them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    Is anyone honestly surprised he was full of crap..he was spouting rubbish like a motivational speaker being paid to be sincere and coming out with cliches all the way through..nobody truly speaks like that..
    I refer the honourable member to the lengthy submission above.
    ;-)
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually in America Republicans show slightly more interest in the Royals then Democrates

And I wasn't talking about his political affiliation in USA I have no idea which party he supports. I was talking republican as in no fan of royals he has never hidden his opinions on royals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, right ... *sigh*

Well said Dave. Journalism at it's finest in that article.....NOT! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you criticize the Newspaper..does that mean you think the quotes are a complete fabrication? Another case where Gary should Sue i guess.

Or is it just a cause of attacking the messenger...."yeah Gary said it but it the fault of the people who reported it" "yeah Gary shit all over the toilet and himself but its the fault of the people who poited it out" "yeah Gary was rude and difficult to talk to and deal with but its the fault of the people who had to live with him and got aggravated dealing with him 24 hours a day"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meanwhile in the Beano.....
    :D:D:D
    Mind you - I'm worried whether we'll still be allowed to read it after Thursday.
    Bet they put the price up for English readers :o:D