Options

Six weeks and still no name!

Comments

• Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maggie_Moo wrote: »
    I can think of many things that the children will come across in their school years. and their future. And yes unfortunately all these things will be down to their Mother and how she sells every sordid detail of her life.

I should think all the articles on her parents behaviour this past year alone should keep her well occupied catching up on family history ,IF she chooses to delve into her family history . What a mess .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peonypot wrote: »
    No worries . I was just thinking out loud I always thought Ted was short for Edward. Maybe its both:)

Yes me too, but Robbie Williams called his daughter Theodora and she's Teddy.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Lily White wrote: »
    Do you worry about all the comments about Princess's names & nicknames on t'other thread?

:confused::confused: No should I? Unless I've missed them, I've never seen anyone comment on Princess's name.
  • Options
    peonypotpeonypot Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lion5 wrote: »
    Little Lion has a very carefully thought out name, chosen many years before she was born because of my time at uni studing evolution, Mr Lion and I conducted a search of that name on google, and found that a number of female CEOs had that first name and we are aware of a number of well known female scientists with the same first name too!.

It is a traditional name, and passed the prime minister name challenge... and everyone we know has said it suits her... her middle name is a family name, running through several generations on both sides of our family... a merging if you will of our heritage!

If she dislikes one of her names, then at leat she has a back up with a middle name.. I hasten to add that PM Gordon Brown used his middle name, his first name is actually James!

I am suprised that she has forgotten she has given birth to a human and not a rabbit... its a silly as calling a boy flopsie!

I was wondering if in true chavtastic taste if she would call her daughter something like Mirrorbelle Sunonsunday OK Price, a name that would allow her to follow in her mothers footsteps.. but no... Bunny... after the middle aged man from TV flop Eldorado:(

Maybe Bunny will love her name... but if she ever has to make any formal declarations eg wedding vows it may result in some giggles from the audience...

Are your first two paragraphs taking the piss or are you actually serious? Genuine question btw.
  • Options
    Maggie_MooMaggie_Moo Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D
    Still as unintentionally hilarious as ever I see.

:confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can think of many things that the children will come across in their school years. and their future. And yes unfortunately all these things will be down to their Mother and how she sells every sordid detail of her life.
    I concur .
  • Options
    vflambeevflambee Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Oh my ... this thread is hilarious!

I should think if Bunny gets married in church one day, then pretty much everybody in that church would be friends of her and her husband-to-be and more than familiar with her name and highly unlikely to laugh at it. I would also hope that a bunch of adults in a church would be a little bit more grown up than to giggle at someone's name in that situation.

Nobody is to "blame" for bullying other than the bullies ... can't believe people would suggest otherwise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To quote a recent post which was widely agreed with 'Negativity and ridicule is so damaging for the soul. Positivity rules!' Or does that depend on who the ridicule is aimed at?
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Lion has a very carefully thought out name, chosen many years before she was born because of my time at uni studing evolution, Mr Lion and I conducted a search of that name on google, and found that a number of female CEOs had that first name and we are aware of a number of well known female scientists with the same first name too!.

It is a traditional name, and passed the prime minister name challenge... and everyone we know has said it suits her... her middle name is a family name, running through several generations on both sides of our family... a merging if you will of our heritage!

If she dislikes one of her names, then at leat she has a back up with a middle name.. I hasten to add that PM Gordon Brown used his middle name, his first name is actually James!

I am suprised that she has forgotten she has given birth to a human and not a rabbit... its a silly as calling a boy flopsie!

I was wondering if in true chavtastic taste if she would call her daughter something like Mirrorbelle Sunonsunday OK Price, a name that would allow her to follow in her mothers footsteps.. but no... Bunny... after the middle aged man from TV flop Eldorado:(

Maybe Bunny will love her name... but if she ever has to make any formal declarations eg wedding vows it may result in some giggles from the audience...

If I were invited to a wedding for someone called Bunny (or another unusual name), I wouldn't giggle, I would have known that person for a while and be used to their name. Its not as if its a name I'd not called them myself numerous times. Hardly a secret middle name which nobody had heard before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great fairy story Hyacinth :D:D:D
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It is a traditional name, and passed the prime minister name challenge...

:D:D:D Please tell me this is for laughs? Please. Oh please. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it is, how naive of me.

One thing I don't understand is, how can say you're concerned about the ridicule she may face at school (or words to that effect) when you, yourself are mocking her name?

I'm possibly being naive again but maybe It's adults that have a problem with the name & other kids won't actually give it a second thought.

The problem with that theory is that little bunny will eventually become an adult and therefore face adult thinking other than mommy's disney themed confuddled view .
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. It's cute.

And it's waaaay better than 'Bista', that's for sure!
  • Options
    Maggie_MooMaggie_Moo Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    But... why would someone's name impact upon or affect their abilities?

Are you saying that you yourself would laugh at a boy called Angel on a rugby team?

No I don't think a name impacts on anyone abilities.:confused: and no,:confused: I thought I had already answered as I said my imagination was not as vivid as some.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    polli wrote: »
    The problem with that theory is that little[/You] bunny will eventually become an adult and therefore face adult thinking other than mommy's disney themed confuddled view .

Well I'm an adult & really not sure what I'm supposed to be thinking:confused:

For now I'm thinking a long bath & bed sounds good so perhaps I'll be enlightened tomorrow.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vflambee wrote: »
    Oh my ... this thread is hilarious!

I should think if Bunny gets married in church one day, then pretty much everybody in that church would be friends of her and her husband-to-be and more than familiar with her name and highly unlikely to laugh at it. I would also hope that a bunch of adults in a church would be a little bit more grown up than to giggle at someone's name in that situation.

Nobody is to "blame" for bullying other than the bullies ... can't believe people would suggest otherwise.

Well quite, but I've seen on here that apparently a name on its own is enough to evoke pre-conceptions and ridicule. And lack of manliness and capability, of all things!
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Well quite, but I've seen on here that apparently a name on its own is enough to evoke pre-conceptions and ridicule. And lack of manliness and capability, of all things!

Maybe Katie Hopkins is a secret FM?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    I like it. It's cute.

And it's waaaay better than 'Bista', that's for sure!
    Bista is a nickname tho . The discussion is on a child's given name .Were bunny her nickname I'd be meh,big deal ,but according to mommy dearest it is her actual given name .
  • Options
    vflambeevflambee Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Well ... she was hardly going to call her Deborah, or Rachel, or similar was she?
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    Bista is a nickname tho . The discussion is on a child's given name .Were bunny her nickname I'd be meh,big deal ,but according to mommy dearest it is her actual given name .

Yes I know what the discussion is about. And I've said I like Bunny and I think it's cute.

Also gotta disagree there. To me, it looks like 'bista' is now Princesses full time name, given to her especially by her daddy dearest. I can't remember the last time TM referenced her by her actual proper name in public or in one of the many, many interviews he sells to OK! It's always 'bista'.

So, I think Bunny is a prettier and less silly full time name, than BIsta.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peonypot wrote: »
    Are your first two paragraphs taking the piss or are you actually serious? Genuine question btw.

No its all true... we did a lot of research.. there have been lots of studies about how your first name can affect your career opportunities so we wanted to be thorough...

I am pleased that when my daughter asks why she has the name she has I can explain the careful consideration we gave to such an important task... not that I went to a pet shop and chose her name based on the first animal I saw for sale!

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116140/psychologists-say-our-names-affect-what-careers-we-choose

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/07/who-wins-in-the-name-game/374912/

http://blog.dictionary.com/names/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26634477

http://freakonomics.com/2013/04/08/how-much-does-your-name-matter-a-new-freakonomics-radio-podcast/

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/34063244/ns/business-careers/t/it-or-not-name-can-impact-your-career/#.VBdWa_JwabE
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As does the father - no one in that family comes out of the whole "media ****" debate well.

The name Bunny is far from the worse we imagined. If the child hates it, she can change it. At least she won't be dragged on stage with Pa every weekend.

That really would be embarrassing.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could have been far worse - wtf were these parents thinking?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2529425/Vogue-Nirvana-Tea-Reem-PEPPA-The-bizarre-baby-names-2013.html

Though surely nothing can beat
    The parents of a New Zealand girl named Talula Does the Hula From Hawaii have been ordered to change her name because it risks making her the target of abuse and ridicule.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Bunny is a cute name. Its quite old fashioned, and is better than that dreadful name Chantelle named her daughter: Dolly.

As for the bub being bullied, perhaps the parents of other kids should keep their kids in check and teach them some manners. What will happen if they come across children from different cultures where the names are drastically different from western names?

Personally, I like unusual names but sometimes the names are very try-hard. I know in one african society the child is named after the first thing the mother sees - its been years since ive seen that documentary, so i probably got some details mixed up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    Yes I know what the discussion is about. And I've said I like Bunny and I think it's cute.

Also gotta disagree there. To me, it looks like 'bista' is now Princesses full time name, given to her especially by her daddy dearest. I can't remember the last time TM referenced her by her actual proper name in public or in one of the many, many interviews he sells to OK! It's always 'bista'.

So, I think Bunny is a prettier and less silly full time name, than BIsta.

Well you are wrong, it is not her name therefore your point is moot .
    Her daddy can call her what he pleases in the manner kp calls her latest 'runnerbean' on twitter . It is a nickname and her given name is princess.
    Bunny is not cute unless a nickname . Poor kid .
This discussion has been closed.