Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont these threads get updated no more? Like part 57 etc?
  • Options
    shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's still time for something to come this year, and I feel like with all the promo opportunities in Q4, it would be a great way of re-estabilising herself with a single before carrying on next year :)

Plus I can't wait anymore!!
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's still time for something to come this year, and I feel like with all the promo opportunities in Q4, it would be a great way of re-estabilising herself with a single before carrying on next year :)

Plus I can't wait anymore!!

True but Leona will be competing with Adele (her album will definitely be released this year, too big of an opportunity to miss), One Direction, Rihanna, Little Mix, Ella Henderson, Labrinth, maybe Emeli Sande and more. Then there's the likes of Ed Sheeran and Ariana Grande who will probably fill promotional platforms and radio playlists.

I think February is a safe bet. Leona needs to capitalise on a time period when she can be a priority for playlists and promo platforms.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    It's so good isn't it? :o

I agree too about how crowded Q4 will be. I would rather her just continue to work on the album, get a bit of publicity with CWL/perform OMS at events of Christmas shows or whatever and then start fresh in the new year.

I have to admit I'm a little bit obsessed with it at the moment. :blush:

I think it would be the best idea to wait until after Q4, she needs to have space to have a new "breakout moment" and this time of year is just too busy to do that, unless Island have a rock solid plan in place.

She could in the mean time just appear on talk shows in the UK and US just to get hype going for the album, discuss her new record deal and talk about her album being almost done.

The problem has been that she hides away from press too much when making albums, and I know that she isn't 100% comfortable with the showbiz world, but she will have to work the scene for a little while if she wants to make sure the media and press are behind her for this release.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had in my head if we don't get news in September we probably won't hear anything this year, but there still plenty of time yet in September so heres hoping.

If they aren't releasing anything year I wonder what the purpose of the photoshoot they just did was for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I have to admit I'm a little bit obsessed with it at the moment. :blush:

I think it would be the best idea to wait until after Q4, she needs to have space to have a new "breakout moment" and this time of year is just too busy to do that, unless Island have a rock solid plan in place.

She could in the mean time just appear on talk shows in the UK and US just to get hype going for the album, discuss her new record deal and talk about her album being almost done.

The problem has been that she hides away from press too much when making albums, and I know that she isn't 100% comfortable with the showbiz world, but she will have to work the scene for a little while if she wants to make sure the media and press are behind her for this release.

I think this time around we've been a bit spoilt (in comparison to the other gaps in between albums) since we've had the change of label news, the FIFA performance, Fashion Police, Walking On Sunshine and World Music Awards to name a few. I guess those appearances have made this quiet period more frustrating in comparison.
  • Options
    pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody in here are thinking in a " UK mode" since we were used until now...but actually if you think in a US mode..she can release a single anytime ..you do not have to premiere 40 days before its release like in uk
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pes wrote: »
    Everybody in here are thinking in a " UK mode" since we were used until now...but actually if you think in a US mode..she can release a single anytime ..you do not have to premiere 40 days before its release like in uk

Yeah, that's what I'm saying too. I even think they'll do US first
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The likelihood is that they will do the UK first and then eventually take it to America. If the UK release is first, it will be held back (well it should be held back at least).
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not really though. The amount of releases in the US will still be a huge factor, particularly for radio adds which is key to success of a single there.

If she premiered it there at a busy time, there is a chance that radio might not pick it up and she will still have to invest time promoting the single in the US to her target market, whatever lane the single heads into.

There's also a danger of the song peaking at the wrong time i.e. January which would be tricky especially from a sales point of view.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    The likelihood is that they will do the UK first and then eventually take it to America. If the UK release is first, it will be held back (well it should be held back at least).

She has an US team so they really could focus on US first :)
  • Options
    Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    She has an US team so they really could focus on US first :)

There's not a chance she will release in the US first. They are going to release In her strongest market first. The UK. Once they find success in the UK they will spread into Europe then Australasia. & then hopefully the rest is history.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is a good point, I do think they will start in the UK first, but you never know. I remember when this was posted, the past in bold did make me think,
    - Leona IS recording for a new era. This will take time. Island records have teamed up with Def Jam on her project in the US. There are great plans and the new music is sounding nothing short of amazing.

- She has really not forgotten her fans... She loves us an appreciates our loyalty... On the other hand, great things are now really happening for Leona's career and her fans. They have a plan which my source says will start this year... So we should hear great things very soon!

- Leona is a world super star artist, you know, and she is now managed by a US team. Great things mostly start in the US and usually have US involvement. Syco is UK based but she has now left Syco to peruse a worldwide career with major labels and situations in the US.

- Leona is working hard in studios accross the US.

There was a lot of emphasis in my opinion on the US, especially that line great things mostly start in the US, I really do think they do plan on focusing on America with this album too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Off topic but this Nick Jonas song is SLAYING ME (and that's a sentence I didn't think I'd ever write)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQw2qIl838Q

He's with Island too!

That's amazing, had it on non-stop repeat for about 40 minutes now. What a surprise.
  • Options
    kokoskokos Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'll focus on US first. I mean why not? US is the key to worldwide success, if the single is on solid spot in chart there.
    Off topic but this Nick Jonas song is SLAYING ME (and that's a sentence I didn't think I'd ever write)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQw2qIl838Q

He's with Island too!

It's really good! I also like his first single chains https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8UX2bbCHJw . It's quite a surprise, I didn't expect him to go this direction with his music.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    That's amazing, had it on non-stop repeat for about 40 minutes now. What a surprise.

I know :o It's so addictive. Did not think I would be stanning for a Nick Jonas song!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kokos wrote: »
    I think they'll focus on US first. I mean why not? US is the key to worldwide success, if the single is on solid spot in chart there.

It's really good! I also like his first single chains https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8UX2bbCHJw . It's quite a surprise, I didn't expect him to go this direction with his music.

I know, Chains is good too. Getting JT vibes from his new direction.
  • Options
    esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    There's not a chance she will release in the US first. They are going to release In her strongest market first. The UK. Once they find success in the UK they will spread into Europe then Australasia. & then hopefully the rest is history.

Jessie J just released in the US and that certainly wasn't her strongest market. At the moment she seems to be doing very well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    esesohsam wrote: »
    Jessie J just released in the US and that certainly wasn't her strongest market. At the moment she seems to be doing very well.

Isn't Jessie with Island too? You never know it could be their strategy with Leona...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    That is a good point, I do think they will start in the UK first, but you never know. I remember when this was posted, the past in bold did make me think,

There was a lot of emphasis in my opinion on the US, especially that line great things mostly start in the US, I really do think they do plan on focusing on America with this album too.

Oooh good memory. You could be right then. I wouldn't be against a US release first as long as it is handled correctly and a single that is hit material is released first. She needs a track that radio cannot ignore.
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also have a feeling things will start in the US first, just from what's been posted and what I've been told. The whole release in the UK first strategy is out of date now, in my opinion or atleast for Leona. The world has never been as close as it has thanks to the internet.

If they focus on the UK and it flops, then what? Bite the bullet and go for a WW release, obviously a few weeks apart but not 6 months between each territory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I think about it, the more I want a US release first... and I'm from the UK. :D
  • Options
    Regina_PhalangeRegina_Phalange Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    esesohsam wrote: »

Yeah, but that was released with Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj - both of whom have massive hypes at the moment. If it was solo, there would have been no point.
  • Options
    Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also have a feeling things will start in the US first, just from what's been posted and what I've been told. The whole release in the UK first strategy is out of date now, in my opinion or atleast for Leona. The world has never been as close as it has thanks to the internet.

If they focus on the UK and it flops, then what? Bite the bullet and go for a WW release, obviously a few weeks apart but not 6 months between each territory.

i think that spirit was about 5 months apart between UK and US, nov 2007 UK and then march/april 2008 in US and that seem to work ok. She was pretty well unknown in the US then
  • Options
    Bunny_MiguelBunny_Miguel Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    "Off to the studio xx"
    https://twitter.com/leonalewis/status/511630395981701120

Oh god, I can't wait :o
This discussion has been closed.