Samsung Galaxy Alpha

1235»

Comments

• Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    I've done nothing wrong, and I'm very happy with my calculation. The very fact you cannot explain the error you think I've made tells me enough.
    So why didn't you then? Because you are wrong or suspect something is amiss?
    On your, late in the day named iPad 3 and iPad 4, you seem to be assuming that a 10 watt charger charges at 10 watts all the time with 2.5 watts(500mah) charging taking 4 times as long.
    Well as I mentioned that a 10 watt charge causes far larger battery deterioration, it only charges at 10 watts until something like 80% when it kicks in a lower amount, maybe 5 watts and even then it pretends to be fully charged and goes into trickle charge.
    That way the 10 watt charge keep damage lower to allow for a more acceptable number of charges.

BTW on the subject of credibility, I find it incredible it is getting to near 100 times now where you have sought to attack/undermine my opinion. In a way it is quite clever, most times starting with a simple non elaborated 'you are wrong', and, on the face of it, each isolated single one is difficult to work out whether is just politicals.

I made a simple point about low watt charging being safer. So why attack me on it in the first place? No one has to use advice freely given so why try to undermine things time , time and time again? When as even yet, I'm not sure you have got anything right in those near 100 'your wrong' attacks on me. (Before you attack the '100', 100 is a guess. It could be 200, or it could be as low as maybe 50. They usually end the same way with me making a vein attempt explain further with reason)
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »

BTW on the subject of credibility, I find it incredible it is getting to near 100 times now where you have sought to attack/undermine my opinion. In a way it is quite clever, most times starting with a simple non elaborated 'you are wrong', and, on the face of it, each isolated single one is difficult to work out whether is just politicals.

As I have said before, if you don't like being questioned on the statements you make, then maybe you shouldn't post on a public forum. Your posting style is to make vague statements which require clarification. Let us not forget that just the other day (in a post where you attacked another user), you where caught lying.

And as for you claiming I attack you, look at this thread, why did you get involved in the comment that Swordman made about me? You should follow your own advice.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kidspud, swordman, calco_pie and alanwarwic.

CAN YOU ALL JUST SHUT THE F U C K UP AND GO AND PLAY ON SOME MAIN LINE TRAIN TRACKS YOU POINTLESS EXCUSES FOR HUMANS. WE ARE ALL FED UP WITH YOU.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    It's a nice looking phone and will presumably sell in reasonable numbers, to certain markets. It was probably a good pick to launch the phone in Russia, which I'd say is one such market that will lap the phone up.

It also gives a good hint of future devices and their design/build, which is good because I could live with the 720p display, but probably not the lack of microSD and definitely not the pathetic battery. What the hell was Samsung thinking here?

That Apple has a smaller battery? So what? Much as I love Android, it has many ways to kill your battery and with such a powerful SoC it's even more madness to potentially offer a good standby time, as long as the phone manages deep sleep consistently, but when used for just about anything is going to be a massive disappointment.

People might be used to terrible battery life depending on what they had before, or have now, but they don't need to be anymore. Get a Z2 or G3 and you can see a huge difference - all day battery life with plenty of usage and screen on times of 4-5 hours and above.

I think it's safe to say that the reviews will all single out battery life as the deal breaker on this, and if they don't then Samsung has either changed physics or the reviewer(s) didn't really test it properly.

Lets see what the battery life is like first. You never know the new SoC may be super efficient.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a nice looking phone and will presumably sell in reasonable numbers, to certain markets. It was probably a good pick to launch the phone in Russia, which I'd say is one such market that will lap the phone up.

It also gives a good hint of future devices and their design/build, which is good because I could live with the 720p display, but probably not the lack of microSD and definitely not the pathetic battery. What the hell was Samsung thinking here?

That Apple has a smaller battery? So what? Much as I love Android, it has many ways to kill your battery and with such a powerful SoC it's even more madness to potentially offer a good standby time, as long as the phone manages deep sleep consistently, but when used for just about anything is going to be a massive disappointment.

People might be used to terrible battery life depending on what they had before, or have now, but they don't need to be anymore. Get a Z2 or G3 and you can see a huge difference - all day battery life with plenty of usage and screen on times of 4-5 hours and above.

I think it's safe to say that the reviews will all single out battery life as the deal breaker on this, and if they don't then Samsung has either changed physics or the reviewer(s) didn't really test it properly.

Apparently the new chip samsung are using in the Alpha is supposed to be more power efficient, so that may have been why they have gone with the smaller battery. However as others have said I think we need to wait until it is released before we can judge the battery life.

Personally I'd rather stick with my S5, it has a full HD display, micro SD card slot, and a battery that lasts all day with 4-5 hours of screen time.
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most efficiency savings are down to using less power in standby or a near unused state. But, I suppose you could argue that many people that will buy this phone aren't going to be heavy users and might not do much more than use social media and take some photos.

I am not expecting to be surprised or blown away by the battery, only to have my suspicions confirmed.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »

CAN YOU ALL JUST SHUT THE F U C K UP AND GO AND PLAY ON SOME MAIN LINE TRAIN TRACKS YOU POINTLESS EXCUSES FOR HUMANS. WE ARE ALL FED UP WITH YOU.

Don't try and pin this one on me! I just made a comment earlier, not even about the iPhone really, but about how annoying it is when threads get ruined by people not discussing anything, but just quoting headlines from articles.

Maybe you disagree with that sentiment, I don't know. From where I'm standing there are a couple of posters who it is practically impossible to have a reasonable discussion with. My only mistake is trying.

God knows what started the discussion about charging iPads anyway, but I haven't been part of it.

Anyway, don't come on here be so bloody rude - if you think anyone is causing a problem, report it to the mods.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll think I'll post what I like thanks. If you have an issue you are welcome to report the posts. However, in all the threads I've posted in I've never dragged myself as low as swearing and being as rude as you have just managed to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most efficiency savings are down to using less power in standby or a near unused state. But, I suppose you could argue that many people that will buy this phone aren't going to be heavy users and might not do much more than use social media and take some photos.

I am not expecting to be surprised or blown away by the battery, only to have my suspicions confirmed.

The Alpha is going to have the very latest version of android, and that focused a lot on power saving, so battery life should be fine.

Price will give an indication of the market it is aimed at, but this doesn't appear to be the much rumoured premium phone talked about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Amen Brother :)

We just need a 10 page thread on which main line tracks are best to play on :D:p
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    I'll think I'll post what I like thanks. If you have an issue you are welcome to report the posts. However, in all the threads I've posted in I've never dragged myself as low as swearing and being as rude as you have just managed to be.

I agree for once mr Spud, in all the disagreements I have had with you etc never had such a flaming and rude post as from that person. Seems people like to post for effect even if it makes them look complete idiots, imaging they have some higher posting standards :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..AN YOU ALL JUST SHUT THE F U C K UP .
    I'm not the one who is into the personal reputation undermining stalking.
    I have asked him to desist many a time and I still don't even know what he has against safer charging. As ever, w never will, it is politics seeking lost souls.

And finbaar, do go away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .... Your posting style is to make vague statements...
    Are you trying to cause outrage or something?

How about instead, getting round to saying something positive about the iPhone?
    I don't think you ever have. Old Jammers would be eruditely positive when left to speak his own words
  • Options
    00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering, has anyone on here got this phone yet? It's going to be either this or the Sony Xperia z3 compact for me.