Options

Wrap party

Comments

• Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 71,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have stated on an ongoing basis, that hatred in retort is not a viable solution to quell hatred.

How do you expect Helen to change in a world where everyone is slanderous?

Please have a think about it. Thank you.

and I asked how you could ask fms to post nicely whilst you are supporting one of the most foul-mouthed hms. If you are so concerned about people being nice the logic says you would not post in support of Helen having seen her disgraceful behaviour and, no doubt, read her even more disgraceful tweets (both before, now deleted for obvious reasons, and after BB).
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Question ..... What is slanderous about posters saying that Helen was a foul mouthed viscous housemate?

We saw enough of her foul mouth during the series she was viscous in the way her face contorted when she was arguing.

I would say that if she took on board that her behaviour was not acceptable in decent society then perhaps she would learn to control herself.

If and I say if she changed her nasty ways then I for one would say "good on you Helen" but until that day I do not think she was a worthy winner.

Well said Janet.

Her behaviour inside the house was appalling imo. It isn't any better outside of the house is it from what I've been reading. So much for changing Helen huh!

:)
  • Options
    Corey WebsterCorey Webster Posts: 1,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and I asked how you could ask fms to post nicely whilst you are supporting one of the most foul-mouthed hms. If you are so concerned about people being nice the logic says you would not post in support of Helen having seen her disgraceful behaviour and, no doubt, read her even more disgraceful tweets (both before, now deleted for obvious reasons, and after BB).

You have not paid attetion to my reply StarGazer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet Hatfield, cliaming someone's mouth is "foul" is defamation.

It is not a viable description but one of slander.

It is only slander if it's an untruth. Which in this case it isn't an untruth.

The correct description could be (as one example) that her mannerisms leave much to be desired for select people.

Or, in the real world, she was a gobby vindictive wotnot.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    It is only slander if it's an untruth. Which in this case it isn't an untruth.

I don't believe that to be true.

and I don't believe Helen to be this:

grossly offensive to the senses; disgustingly loathsome; noisome:

I believe her to be projecting a mannerism which suggests she's perhaps in a state of inner conflict.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How can you berate FM's for speaking their minds, yet seem to applaud Helen for her behaviour?

That's a bit of a puzzle.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please see my reply above Bluestreak :)

(No applauding here).

That is an untrue statement.
  • Options
    this_THATthis_THAT Posts: 2,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    most of helens behavior is down to how people treat her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this_THAT wrote: »
    most of helens behavior is down to how people treat her

..and how people treat her is a reflection of how she treats them.

This is the vicious circle of unproductiivity and the very essence of the message I'm attempting to convey. :)

People need to play their part in breaking the circle, which in turn, can help people to break it themselves.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's down to her being a bitch. Simple as. Pathetic seeing her and Danielle on Twitter having it out. Forget about it. We all know what Helen was like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    It's down to her being a bitch. Simple as. Pathetic seeing her and Danielle on Twitter having it out. Forget about it. We all know what Helen was like.

The irony of a "Tzu" posting such a message made me giggle somewhat. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    Is she STILL trying to cash in on using his name??? get over it women he didnt want you for the trashy magazines deals....
    She said Winston lived with her and used all her food and just used her. Wouldn't surprise me. Winston is a ****.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The irony of a "Tzu" posting such a message made me giggle somewhat. :D
    ? Odd comment.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

The correct description could be (as one example) that her mannerisms leave much to be desired for select people.

With words such as "foul mouth" you are defining the status quo and the standard of society so you set not a viable place where anyone is likely to change in accordance with your expectations.

Create then some positive contributions that might see her make that change.

Good vibes are contagious and they might well reach a woman who you see as rude, but is actually perhaps in a state of distress and needed help.

"Be the change you want to see in the world". :)

firstly:
    "cliaming (sic) someone's mouth is "foul" is demfamation"
    definition of foul mouthed: "adjective
    using or characterized by a great deal of bad language.
    synonyms: vulgar, crude, coarse; More"

definition of defamation: "a term that is used to describe when false statement is written or spoken about an individual"
    therefore "foul mouthed " is in fact the correct adjective to describe Helen

Viable : you don't seem to know what viable is so here's the definition:
    "ADJECTIVE
    Capable of working successfully; feasible:"

so under those terms the description of Helen as "Foul mouthed" by Janet was not only extremely viable it was also not defamation.

Perhaps if you spent less time telling the FMs to revise themselves and more time using a dictionary you save us all this boring ritual of educating you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    ? Odd comment.

Lao Tzu is an ancient philosopher who lives life well and teaches others how to do the same.

Your follow up of calling Winston such a slanderous word was the icing on the cake too. :D
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With words such as "foul mouth" you are defining the status quo and the standard of society so you set not a viable place where anyone is likely to change in accordance with your expectations.

Create then some positive contributions that might see her make that change.

Good vibes are contagious and they might well reach a woman who you see as rude, but is actually perhaps in a state of distress and needed help.

"Be the change you want to see in the world". :)

Bit in bold one:
    What a load of................... the definition of foul mouthed in the Oxford Dictionary is a tendency to use bad language.

Bit in bold two:
    :D eh? How is saying someone has a tendency to use bad language defining the existing social state of affairs? And how on earth could telling someone they have a tendency to use bad language be deemed a repellent to their chances of change?

Perhaps you should have a word with Helen about her 'vibes'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    Perhaps if you spent less time telling the FMs to revise themselves and more time using a dictionary you save us all this boring ritual of educating you.

Please don't be rude Planets.

I have explained myself thoroughly and very politely so I don't expect that tone in return.

"Foul mouthed" is a slang term for bad manners expressed orally. As such the mouth is not "foul" by any means. It is a slang term relating to choice of words.

The term then stands as a form of slander.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please see my reply above Bluestreak :)

(No applauding here).

That is an untrue statement.

No applauding?

Posted re Helen by Corey Webster this morning:

Definatly one of the most fab winners. (sic)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    firstly:
    "cliaming (sic) someone's mouth is "foul" is demfamation"
    definition of foul mouthed: "adjective
    using or characterized by a great deal of bad language.
    synonyms: vulgar, crude, coarse; More"

definition of defamation: "a term that is used to describe when false statement is written or spoken about an individual"
    therefore "foul mouthed " is in fact the correct adjective to describe Helen

Viable : you don't seem to know what viable is so here's the definition:
    "ADJECTIVE
    Capable of working successfully; feasible:"

so under those terms the description of Helen as "Foul mouthed" by Janet was not only extremely viable it was also not defamation.

:D:D:D Ah nuts - you beat me to it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have explained myself thoroughly and very politely so I don't expect that tone in return.

"Foul mouthed" is a slang term for bad manners expressed orally. As such the mouth is not "foul" by any means. It is a slang term relating to choice of words.

The term then stands as a form of slander.

Thank you.

No 'foul mouthed' is a dictionary defined reference to someone who has a tendency to use bad language. ...... as you've now been told several times.
  • Options
    SeveneyesSeveneyes Posts: 12,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So not many tweets posted in here,about the wrap party.. ? I.was thinking there would be loads this year...oh well.
  • Options
    Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and I don't believe Helen to be this:

grossly offensive to the senses; disgustingly loathsome; noisome:

I believe her to be projecting a mannerism which suggests she's perhaps in a state of inner conflict.

I am sorry but her and her sordid little gang were than most than grossly offensive and loathsome for what they said about Chris.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

"Foul mouthed" is a slang term for bad manners expressed orally. As such the mouth as not "foul" by any means, bu the words eminating from it questionable.

Thank you.

i am not being rude i am "revising" you.
    There was no tone that is you defaming me.
    "Foul Mouthed" is not a "slang term" it is as defined as i stated it.

You have continually baited FMs the entire series with your posts that mainly consist of telling people to "revise themselves".

I have given entirely correct dictionary definitions to all the words used and i did not do it rudely.

You use words and you patently don't know what they mean.
    Must try harder to bait people into being rude and getting banned Corey you are failing miserably :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And how on earth could telling someone they have a tendency to use bad language be deemed a repellent to their chances of change?

That is not what was said PatsyLimerick.

"Foul mouthed" was the term used and it stands as slander as mentioned - a word which carries no quality that's likely to encourage a person to change.

At the extreme end, we have someone who's introduce an even worse form of slander, so all in all, the message is; no-one is going to solve the hatred with hatred as I've said time and time again. :)

Thank you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No applauding?

Posted re Helen by Corey Webster this morning:

Definatly one of the most fab winners. (sic)

That is correct PatsyLimerick.

I thought she was a fabulous winner.