Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    if he does this a lot, can I suggest you record some hoover sound for use next time, or better download a sound clip, cos (as you know) hoovers use a freakin amount of electricity !!!! :cool:

Ha! Eminently practical - thank you. :D Yes, he does an all-nighter every Saturday, and mostly he's okay. During the week he's a gem (since I went bloody bonkers at him because I couldn't sleep each night - I have trouble at the best of times with sleep) so I try to keep my nagging (sorry, proactive reiterating) to a minimum.

Plus, he's just bought me a self-heating massaging executive office chair that's amazing, so I can't nag him too much for a couple of weeks. I think I'll just stick to the lawnmower man solution for today. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    when you have done a load of washing, emptied it and there is a left tissue in there all in white bits..Bits are everywhere :( Now i have to try to get the bits out of the machine..Would a hoover be ok to do this ? had to shake everything on the grass :D
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People and chefs who think that the only way to cook steak is medium rare and bloody and frown upon anybody that likes it any different.

I remember hearing one chef say that he refuses to cook a steak any other way in his restaurant.

It's not blood, it's myoglobin, and I much prefer my steak medium to well done, thank you very much.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    when you have done a load of washing, emptied it and there is a left tissue in there all in white bits..Bits are everywhere :( Now i have to try to get the bits out of the machine..Would a hoover be ok to do this ? had to shake everything on the grass :D

Better than a £5 or £10 note :o
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Why is it impossible to buy black socks that don't end up with a hole in them after the first few washes?

Also hate it when people say they will call you (and don't tell you a time) so you wait for them and nada. I know what will happen now they'll call tomorrow instead at 9am or some stupid time when I'm trying to sleep.

And I'm getting irritated at people who hint and suggest things to me without properly asking. Just ask already.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Upstairs neighbour NEVER sleeps. At all hours he is either stomping back and forth on his uncarpetted ground, dropping things on his uncarpetted floor or chatting with his posse who've crammed themselves into his little flat. >:(
    I'm googling voodoo hexes right now. :)
    bbclassics wrote: »
    And I'm getting irritated at people who hint and suggest things to me without properly asking. Just ask already.
    Such as: you could do this or such-n-such needs doing, or those cookies you made look nice, right ?!
    If you want something doing / a favour, ask directly or go away.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Upstairs neighbour NEVER sleeps. At all hours he is either stomping back and forth on his uncarpetted ground, dropping things on his uncarpetted floor or chatting with his posse who've crammed themselves into his little flat. >:(
    I'm googling voodoo hexes right now. :)

We used to have an upstairs neighbour like that. There should be a law against laminate floors in upstairs flats. I know some have a condition in the lease but it gets largely ignored. She had a toddler who never slept and just ran around, constantly.

I can't explain the relief when we moved into a house with no one living above us!
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When someone is driving around 25 mph in front of you, yet they still break when arriving at speed cameras.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »

My mum's good at that, she just waves her hand in the general direction of what she wants doing and I'm supposed to figure it out.

Another variation on that is used by a person I know -it's the "you need" to do this for me. "You need to fix my computer" because he never uses anti-virus, visits lots of er "interesting" websites and has a badly infected computer - just like all the previous times I needed to fix it.

The final straw was when he called me on my mobile at work one day to tell me I needed to drive him to the job centre as he didn't want to walk to the bus stop as it was raining!

He couldn't understand why I wasn't prepared to walk out of my workplace, drive 10 miles to his house and then take him a mile to the job centre, then drive him home. Especially as the bus stop is about 20 yards from his front door and stops outside the job centre!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cotton buds boxes and how I've never once been able to get through a box without knocking the darn thing over and spilling a bunch out onto the floor.... never once. >:(
    I can't explain the relief when we moved into a house with no one living above us!
    ^something like little butterflies going :woot: in your head, right ?! :p
    'Luckily' I'm blessed with lousy short-term memory, so after an hour or so of silence as he's gone out, sleeping or died, well it's like my >:(:cry:meter has been reset and everything is rosy :) .... hopefully this reset button is made out of titanium.
  • Options
    Scotty_WaldenScotty_Walden Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When people ask "Have you heard about Steve?", when we both know several people called Steve...
  • Options
    JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Google Play Music warning you about the dangers of loud music damaging your hearing when you got to turn the bloody volume up.
  • Options
    My usernamesMy usernames Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who affect an upper class accent, and can't carry it off, they end up sounding ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    People and chefs who think that the only way to cook steak is medium rare and bloody and frown upon anybody that likes it any different.

I remember hearing one chef say that he refuses to cook a steak any other way in his restaurant.

It's not blood, it's myoglobin, and I much prefer my steak medium to well done, thank you very much.

Absolutely! If you order it well done they cremate the meat so it tastes like charcoal. I don't want it burnt beyond recognition, I just want it cooked so no blood (or myoglobin) runs out.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    I commented on here the other day about the boss's son using my office desk, well, it looks like our new cleaner has a bad case of OCD. Everything is arranged in size order across the back of the very deep desk. So the monitor is on the extreme left hand corner then the keyboard, speakers etc, right down to the mouse on the right hand side followed by paper clips. Lol!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^are you going to leave them a gift, like one of those multi coloured pencils boxes, open, with the pencils NOT in their rightful colour coded order ? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The auto focus on form fields such as the DS login box. I clicked in the password field because I want to type my password, and I've done my username, so change already.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    ^are you going to leave them a gift, like one of those multi coloured pencils boxes, open, with the pencils NOT in their rightful colour coded order ? :)

What a good idea! :D
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who try to give you advice when you don't ask for it :mad:
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Virgin Mobile have a 3G dead area around Milton Keynes train station. Considering I spend what feels like half my life waiting for buses there that's a right pain the arse. My contracts up for renewal soon, I don't really want to go anywhere else as I've never had any problems with Virgin til now :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    What a good idea! :D
    or, if you've a bunch of pictures hanging on the wall, before you knock off you tilt them all just a little askew :)
    Of course if you're REALLY feeling mean you could put that colour pencil box inside a lockable transparent bigger box, so they can see the disorder but be powerless to rectify it - though turning up in the morning to find them huddled in a corner mumbling to themselves might not be a great start to your day. :p
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Virgin Mobile have a 3G dead area around Milton Keynes train station. Considering I spend what feels like half my life waiting for buses there that's a right pain the arse. My contracts up for renewal soon, I don't really want to go anywhere else as I've never had any problems with Virgin til now :(

Considering virgin run through EE equipment (Masts etc) then changing might not even help....Unless you know a network that works there for sure

Is it not just a black spot for all networks due to electrical equipment etc?
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    Considering virgin run through EE equipment (Masts etc) then changing might not even help....Unless you know a network that works there for sure

Is it not just a black spot for all networks due to electrical equipment etc?

I've checked on a few websites, Virgin have a huge gap over the station on their site whereas O2 and Tesco are fine. I'm thinking of calling Virgin about it first as it was fine up until a couple of months ago (at first I thought it was my phone, it's on its way out now) but I can almost draw a line on a map to show where the dead area is as its consistent.

I pretty much only use my phone for the internet so it's very frustrating, but also I have my bus ticket on my phone. I haven't updated the ticket app for about a year because I didn't like the updates (the last one I saw forcibly turned the camera on when you used the app, my battery life is bad enough as it is thank you) but it's only a matter of time before I'm forced to upgrade and I'm worried the lack of 3G will mean I can't get my bus ticket up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    I commented on here the other day about the boss's son using my office desk, well, it looks like our new cleaner has a bad case of OCD. Everything is arranged in size order across the back of the very deep desk. So the monitor is on the extreme left hand corner then the keyboard, speakers etc, right down to the mouse on the right hand side followed by paper clips. Lol!!
    That would annoy me off no end. But there's no reason to annoy them in return by making (what is in their eyes) a bigger mess. I'd leave a note that said I understand they may prefer things in a certain order but this is MY desk and I want my things in the order I prefer. I might add that if their OCD is so bad that they can't clean it without rearranging my things, they're probably in the wrong job.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    Driving to the shops today, along a 50mph road, I was driving aprox 52. some prat of a women was driving right up my arse! If the kids weren't in the back I would have braked.
This discussion has been closed.