Options

Fifth Harmony Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    If their management contacted Austin's people and asked for 5H to be on the tour then Epic/Syco would've had to pay for the girls to have to opening slot, this thing usually happens more when acts don't share a label (like these two). If this is the case they would be seeing even less than if they were asked and being paid by Austin's people to be on the tour.

The artist will earn more from tours than studio albums which might be why 5H do it more consistently, but it's still not going to help them physically if they are getting sick and tired more often. They need a rest at some point because if they are just going to go straight from this tour into hardcore album promo the strain is going to push someone to crack and that is the last thing these girls deserve and need. I just hope there is someone there (doesn't at least one of their parents travel with them?) to put their foot down and say stop give them a rest or you will pay for it.

Yes, a parent usually travels with them. But the girls seem to be doing too much - during the day they visit radio stations for intimate performances and it definitely causes a strain physically. I think they do need at least a week's rest before the album promo starts.
  • Options
    istersayistersay Posts: 297
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it's best they move onto a second single now. BO$$ was a minor hit, cracked top 50 - and close to Gold certification.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Sad news about the passing of GRL member Simone Battle
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I think it's best they move onto a second single now. BO$$ was a minor hit, cracked top 50 - and close to Gold certification.

And it was a minor hit because? The lack of radio play :o. But I was all the names under the sun when I implied that. Good day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Let's be real, BO$$ didn't do as well as many fans were hoping. Was it a flop? Depends on what your criteria is for "flop". Was it a hit? Far from it. I will say selling over 230,000 copies (US )to date isn't a disaster. Combine streams and its at around 383,000 toward Gold certification. Right now I'm just hoping for a new single before their album is released. I can't say I'm too excited about any of the other new songs we've heard. Although 'Going Nowhere' is my fav out of the new crop, I wouldn't call it single material. There seems to be a lot of support for 'Reflection' being the next one. For me personally, I am hoping for a 'fun' pop song. Pop radio PDs have always said that Pop music is suppose to be fun (All About That Bass) or lyrically connect with the listeners. I've always believed emphasis should be placed more on the sound rather than the lyrics. Whatever the case, BO$$ was only single #2. Single #1 (MMO) went gold and BO$$ will get there too eventually. I'm confident a hit will come soon for the girls. Patience is going to be required but that's always been the case :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And it was a minor hit because? The lack of radio play :o. But I was all the names under the sun when I implied that. Good day.

It still charted higher than any song released by any current girlgroup in the US so far. So all in all not too bad. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yesterday Candece said they are working on getting a new single out. A fan sent her a tweet saying the girls need a new single out and her response was:

Candece: "We're working on it, I promise"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The girls will be guest starring on MTV's Coming of Age Show Faking It.

Before we get into the plot of Season 2, let's talk about the fresh faces coming to Faking It. BuzzFeed News has learned exclusively that Fifth Harmony will be making an appearance as "an all-girl band with an edge who cover pop music’s most memorable boy band songs," per MTV.
  • Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ why boy band songs though -__- why can't they perform an original song (or do girl group covers) on the show though, but I guess there must be a reason/theme to that episode they will appear on.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    ^^ why boy band songs though -__- why can't they perform an original song (or do girl group covers) on the show though, but I guess there must be a reason/theme to that episode they will appear on.....

The show is about two bestfriends who pretend to be lesbians, but one does catch feelings. So you're right there probably is a theme to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The girls are a wildcard for the 5th and final spot for the 'Best US Act' MTV EMA http://tv.mtvema.com/news/meet-your-local-ema-nominees/ubvs9n The 4 confirmed nominees so far are:

Best US Act:
    Beyonce
    Eminem
    Katy Perry
    Pharell Williams
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So taking a wild guess that Reflection might be the next single as it's the only other track than BO$$ that has been registered with any of the publishers...I hope they have some writing credits on this album, it's nice to be working with big names but it would be great for them to have a hand in some of the material.

REFLECTION

Work ID: 887389561 ISWC: Not Assigned

Writers IPI # Current Affiliation
    BUNETTA JULIAN C 349976103 BMI
    HINDLIN JACOB KASHER525772147ASCAP
    MCCANTS VICTORIA MONET571375049ASCAP

Performers
    FIFTH HARMONY

Publishers / AdministratorsIPI #Current Affiliation
    585355908 ASCAP PRESCRIPTION SONGS
  • Options
    luner_45luner_45 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    The voting for the EMA wildcard nomination is closed now, The act will be announced on Tuesday. Cross your Fingers!!!
  • Options
    luner_45luner_45 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    http://uk.mtvema.com/news/the-fans-have-spoken-wild-card-nominees/1l1pzt

WE GOT THE NOMINATION GUYS!!!!! HOLY!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!
    Get ready for some Major Hardcore Voting Tomorrow guys! Fifth Harmony has finally gotten an EMA nomination. Hopefully this means they'll be coming to the UK to attend the show as well. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's great news.
  • Options
    istersayistersay Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    So happy for them! Vote :)

http://tv.mtvema.com/vote#cat=best-us
  • Options
    Forum Member
    istersay wrote: »

I think it'll be hard to win this one, but I'm glad the Harmonizers came through with the nomination.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, these girls are really getting promoted. VMA and now an EMA nomination. They have a good team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Even though those are some big names they are up against, I think we can pull off the upset. Our fandom is hardcore when it comes to voting for things that matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The pros on DTWS did a performance that featured BO$$

http://youtu.be/Gt5-vwo96vc

http://youtu.be/0h8zZbvVrQI
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll say something, all fanbases could learn from 5H's. They are truly dedicated.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Simon still have any involvement with 5H? The band have a seriously good fan base and for a girl band, that's not an easy thing to build...especially a U.S girl band. I know they're fan related votes, but they've won against the big guns like Ariana Grande. The band obviously have the fans, now the label need to really concentrate on the music and sales because that's what is going to keep them around in the long term. I haven't been following it, but I'm guessing BOSS has now peaked. They need to get moving with the next single because it would be a travesty if the music is the reason why they dissapear. They have everything else sorted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does Simon still have any involvement with 5H? The band have a seriously good fan base and for a girl band, that's not an easy thing to build...especially a U.S girl band. I know they're fan related votes, but they've won against the big guns like Ariana Grande. The band obviously have the fans, now the label need to really concentrate on the music and sales because that's what is going to keep them around in the long term. I haven't been following it, but I'm guessing BOSS has now peaked. They need to get moving with the next single because it would be a travesty if the music is the reason why they dissapear. They have everything else sorted.

I don't think he as involved as we are told to believe. An article basically said that Sony are pushing them as a 'brand' and not as a band - it's frustrating as the reason I became a massive fan was because of their talent and powerful voices so I need the music to be successful. LA Reid hasn't given them the push that he gave Bieber of Avril Lavigne. It's just frustrating.

The album has been pushed back to December now. My hopes is after this year I want them to start promoting worldwide - Latin America would be the best place to start and then Asia/ Australia. And finally Europe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New song registration

GOING NOWHERE
    Work ID: 887416769 ISWC: Not Assigned

Writers IPI # Current Affiliation
    APARRI CHRIS ALEXANDER 506747152 ASCAP
    HAMILTON PRISCILLA RENEA 527142275 ASCAP
    MARIN BREANA NICOLE 535425166 ASCAP
    MERRITT ANDRE DARRELL 445941146 ASCAP