Options

Scottish independence: let's have an honest debate (P3)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    ok,you win, these guys are yer regular BT crew, not a right wing thug anywhere in sight

Sarcasm won't hide your bigotry.

Next you'll be calling those with different opinions traitors.

Perhaps Scotland is too wee and too stupid to go it alone.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Zac_Jones wrote: »
    Oh Christ!

Another sectarian obsessive!

Is this a Scottish football forum or something?

It seems like it's littered with football hooligans.

He's Irish
  • Options
    Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    nice to see your true colours finally come out

your stance has nothing to do with what is best for Scotland but just seeing it as sticking it to the English

Not sure why you think my `colours` are hidden at all. I want to see an independent Scotland which holds it`s head up high amongst the free nations of the earth.

The English are an irrelevance in all this, but typical that you lads make it all about you.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Asian SDL member? There's something incongruous about that one.

You're really struggling. Is there any sign of a BNP or EDL logo?

There also appears to be no sign of a nazi salute.

P.S. One still photograph has a bloke who might be doing one, but it's rather inconclusive.

Abdul Salaam is rather famous for his views.
  • Options
    mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    Hey, my grandfather managed to fight for the British in both world wars. He was fourteen when he was sent to the front in 1918. He was told his small nation, Ireland, would be granted freedom at the end of the war. We will always have young men who are prepared to fight for a perceived freedom.

Your comment about the Irish making it illegal for citizens to join the British forces is an utter, despicable lie. But no different to the lies being fed to the Scottish people even as we speak.

http://www.historytoday.com/brian-girvin/de-valeras-diplomatic-neutrality

Some 4,000 Irish army personnel deserted to Britain during the war, most of them long after any threat to Irish neutrality had disappeared. De Valera removed responsibility for these men from the military courts and introduced special legislation to deprive them of various rights for seven years.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Not sure why you think my `colours` are hidden at all. I want to see an independent Scotland which holds it`s head up high amongst the free nations of the earth.

The English are an irrelevance in all this, but typical that you lads make it all about you.

all about me ?

i'm Scottish
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever the result, we ALL work towards it
    NO MATTER WHAT
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    http://www.historytoday.com/brian-girvin/de-valeras-diplomatic-neutrality

Some 4,000 Irish army personnel deserted to Britain during the war, most of them long after any threat to Irish neutrality had disappeared. De Valera removed responsibility for these men from the military courts and introduced special legislation to deprive them of various rights for seven years.

That link is to Irish soldiers deserting their posts to join a foreign army. I don`t see any laws prohibiting Irish citizens from joining the British forces in there.

Why do you lads need to lie so much?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    He's Irish

No sectarianism in the independent part of Ireland. Religious hatred seems to be an English thing.

Vote YES Scotland, to rid yourself of Westminster induced religious hatred.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    He's Irish

That would not weaken my point in the slightest.

Indeed, it may well strengthen it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No sectarianism in the independent part of Ireland. Religious hatred seems to be an English thing.

You do have some novel views. I'll give you that.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

lol....dear me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    timboy wrote: »
    Abdul Salaam is rather famous for his views.

Famous?

I've certainly never heard of him.

Perhaps he's only famous in certain circles.

I take it you must be in the SDL too, to know his name.
  • Options
    lizbetlizbet Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mRebel wrote: »
    If Yes wins it won't be long before Yes voters are disappointed! When the promises of the SNP aren't fulfilled, like when they don't get currency union and continuing membership of the EU for a start, they are going to be angrily demanding an explanation from Slamond and co. I don't want Scotland to leave the UK, as I'm an Englishman who likes Scotland and have had many Scots friends over the years, though I do accept it's the Scots right to decide. And if the majority vote Yes, it will be interesting to hear the excuses of the SNP as to why they can't deliver their promises. I expect they've got those excuses ready.

Agree, I think there will be a huge fallout when they fail to deliver the hopes now held by so many....by then it will be too late to undo the damage caused and the huge division. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Famous?

I've certainly never heard of him.

Perhaps he's only famous in certain circles.

I take it you must be in the SDL too, to know his name.

LOL, your powers of deduction are very poor.

I am diametrically opposed to his views. I would say he is a scum bag but I think he has some learning difficulties.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do have some novel views. I'll give you that.

The English introduced religious hatred to Ireland as a weapon of war. Do you dispute that?

Would you also dispute my comment that independent Ireland is completely free of this religious hatred?

Vote Yes you Scots. Rid yourself of this unnecessary religious bollox. You are currently part of a country where a Catholic cannot become prime minister or Head of State.

Dump the sectarian English gobshit.es and join the wealthy free nations of the world.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    timboy wrote: »
    LOL, your powers of deduction are very poor.

I am diametrically opposed to his views. I would say he is a scum bag but I think he has some learning difficulties.

No you're not. I've seen several of your posts that could have come out of the BNP handbook.

You strike me as a Millwall supporter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The English introduced religious hatred to Ireland as a weapon of war. Do you dispute that?

Would you also dispute my comment that independent Ireland is completely free of this religious hatred?

Vote Yes you Scots. Rid yourself of this unnecessary religious bollox. You are currently part of a country where a Catholic cannot become prime minister or Head of State.

Dump the sectarian English gobshit.es and join the wealthy free nations of the world.:)

I would dispute every word you've written, if it weren't for the fact I'm utterly convinced you are a wind up merchant with an excessive sense of irony.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would dispute every word you've written, .

Do it.

No knowledgeable person would dispute anything i have written.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No you're not. I've seen several of your posts that could have come out of the BNP handbook.

You strike me as a Millwall supporter.

Why not quote these post I have allegedly made?

I'll bet you don't because they don't exist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do it.

No knowledgeable person would dispute anything i have written.
    Very good. I'm almost amused.

You'll find other fisheries more rewarding.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good. I'm almost amused.

You'll find other fisheries more rewarding.

That is really poor.

Anyway, goodnight to all. With a bit of luck our Scottish brothers and sisters will be brave enough to lead the entire British and Irish isles in a completely different direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That is really poor.

Anyway, goodnight to all. With a bit of luck our Scottish brothers and sisters will be brave enough to lead the entire British and Irish isles in a completely different direction.

Economic collapse and political isolation are certainly a different direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Economic collapse and political isolation are certainly a different direction.

Scotland will neither collapse or be politically isolated if it votes for independence.

You do have to wonder why the English are so utterly terrified by Scottish independence.
  • Options
    BillyJamesTBillyJamesT Posts: 2,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two weeks ago the might of the British establishment railed against the people of Scotland. Banks, corporate business, biased broadcast and print media and the elitist Westminster parties threatened and bullied us.

The very same establishment that tanked our economy, the same Royal Bank Of Scotland WE had to bail out. They threatened to leave, take jobs and hike up prices if we even dared vote Yes. Make no mistake they are endeavouring to corrupt our democratic right to vote Yes. They are the all powerful rulers, our masters. We are their slaves, prisoners of the fear and lies they peddle.

Today September 18 2014, is unique. Today the British establishment, that warmongering imperialist machine, stands powerless holding its breath. Because today, absolute sovereign power lies in the hands of the Scottish people. We have to decide, do we keep it, or do we give it all away?

Bypass fear, corruption, doubt, anger, hesitancy, and confusion Vote with your heart today . VOTE YES.