Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should old acquaintance' be forgot...
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nicktrow wrote: »
    Just to update: ITV News at Ten last night confirmed that the STV results programme would be shown across the UK after News At Ten. STV will air their own STV News At Ten programme.

A few firsts there - STV doing their own NaT must be a first (I thought showing ITN news was part of the licence conditions - maybe that's changed, imagined by me or an exception granted?) and simulcasting an STV branded programme across the network (I know they showed their debate, but it was time-delayed).

Since I'm overseas at the moment, I think I'll be flicking between BBC Radio and STV online. I guess (without gaffing about with VPNs or the like) that the BBC TV live stream is UK only?
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 85,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few firsts there - STV doing their own NaT must be a first (I thought showing ITN news was part of the licence conditions - maybe that's changed, imagined by me or an exception granted?) and simulcasting an STV branded programme across the network (I know they showed their debate, but it was time-delayed).

Since I'm overseas at the moment, I think I'll be flicking between BBC Radio and STV online. I guess (without gaffing about with VPNs or the like) that the BBC TV live stream is UK only?
    BBC World News is available online via third-party software. They're simulcasting the BBC News/BBC One (not Scotland) programme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_World_News#Online
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    BBC World News is available online via third-party software. They're simulcasting the BBC News/BBC One (not Scotland) programme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_World_News#Online

Thanks, will take a look.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What have you voted today I voted yes
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »

Not long till we find out the result now!:D
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC1 referendum coverage now extended to 10 am and Breakfast seems to have been dropped as Huw Edwards is now billed as the presenter from 6 am with Gavin Esler taking over at 9 am.
  • Options
    RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Not long till we find out the result now!:D

You seem rather obsessed by the whole thing for some reason?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »

Evening Mr Salmond
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Evening Mr Salmond

Probably the greatest insult you could have dished out actually.

Just looked in the mirror, I don't appear to be a fat, egotistical windbag so you appear to be incorrect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the greatest insult you could have dished out actually.

Just looked in the mirror, I don't appear to be a fat, egotistical windbag so you appear to be incorrect.

As I can't actually see you I'll take your word for it:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    As I can't actually see you I'll take your word for it:D

Actually I am fat but certainly not the rest :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its big enough to effect all of the UK not just Scotland, I would say it could effect things elsewhere in the world, I am only exercising my right to be interested, its a free country the last time I checked!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Settling down now to watch a Welshman reporting the Scottish referendum results so I suppose we can't accuse the BBC of bias.......
  • Options
    extraextraextraextra Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Did I read somewhere there was a power struggle between Huw Edwards and David Dimbleby as to who presented the results programme? Looks like Huw won.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Its big enough to effect all of the UK not just Scotland, I would say it could effect things elsewhere in the world, I am only exercising my right to be interested, its a free country the last time I checked!

Chill, I wasn't having a go, just curious.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lewismacf wrote: »

I also voted yes as did 6 others that I know. I do know one person that was thinking about voting no I don't know if they did or not.

Darren
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chill, I wasn't having a go, just curious.

OK Ive had issues elsewhere today of people accusing me of things that weren't true, so maybe ive been a bit on the defensive. No worries then.;-)
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just having a glimpse at the BBC Scotland programme - I don't know who the presenter is but he seems a rather underwhelming presence for such a grand and important occasion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    Just having a glimpse at the BBC Scotland programme - I don't know who the presenter is but he seems a rather underwhelming presence for such a grand and important occasion.

Glenn Campbell. He refereed the second debate and was awful in my opinion. Let both leaders run riot.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC Scotland also has Danny Alexander in the studio. Im no very keen on him.

Darren
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC National and STV coverage is on now.
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stinker of a panel on BBC Scotland.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The set of the BBC National programme is very reminiscent of the sets of ITN's Election Night programmes of the late 90s/early 2000s when they staged them in the atrium of Grays Inn Road.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    Stinker of a panel on BBC Scotland.

Turn over to BBC News Channel for Huw Edwards.