Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 61)

Comments

• Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Many programmes are cancelled before they start. There must be loads if programmes and ideas that never make it to air. The only reason this one is being highlighted is because of how hyped up it was in this thread, and because there is now a rule where there must be a reality/talent format in every quarter or else your schedule is doomed.

Some years ago Eamonn Holmes was contracted to do a quiz called The Rich List for Fox in the US. It was cancelled after one episode:o
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Thunderbirds will go out simultaneously on CITV and ITV at 6pm. Rpt's will feature on CITV.

I really hope it does well.

CITV closes at 6pm so a simultaneous launch is unlikely hence why I think it'll launch on ITV first but with first look maybe on Sundays on CITV
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How you people think Downton Abbey will do on Sunday? Its been trailed for 3 weeks so those who watch must know when its on. Based on how rating have been going this year it might fall into the mysterious down YOY trap, or be stable. Then again its facing a new BBC drama which has been on before and pull in around 4m viewers.

I think a respectable guess would be 9.1m inc+1. Down from last years opener but still strong.

DA 3.4m. Our Girl 9.2m. Wouldn't that be hilarious! Improbable but hilarious!.:D
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    CITV closes at 6pm so a simultaneous launch is unlikely hence why I think it'll launch on ITV first but with first look maybe on Sundays on CITV

I thought they might keep CITV on until 7pm for this specially being a big project. I imagine your suggestion is more likely though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    DA 3.4m. Our Girl 9.2m. Wouldn't that be hilarious! Improbable but hilarious!.:D

It would certainly be shocking. This forum would go into meltdown. The BBC would then commission a series 2 and 3 with a Xmas special. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they might keep CITV on until 7pm for this specially being a big project. I imagine your suggestion is more likely though.

I imagine we'll see a lot of promotion around Christmas although if ITV want to. they could show a teaser during Downton Abbey but it depends when in 2015 its launching, I think Spring would be the obvious choice but a January or February launch wouldn't surprise me either.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    If there was a yes vote in Scotland do we think there will be major disruptions to the schedules tommorrow night as well?

EDIT
    Just seen there is a Yougov on the day poll (not exit poll) which says No 54% Yes 46%.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Really disappointed by the Our Zoo rating. But at least it still won its slot.

Not everything is about ratings anyway. Our Zoo is a quality piece of drama, the sort not on offer from other british tv channels. It is still my drama hit of the Autumn.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching Release the Hounds, kind of reminds me of Fort Boyard just with dogs and scarecrows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine we'll see a lot of promotion around Christmas although if ITV want to. they could show a teaser during Downton Abbey but it depends when in 2015 its launching, I think Spring would be the obvious choice but a January or February launch wouldn't surprise me either.

Its set for early 2015 I believe, so I think it will be around February. I'm thinking Saturday 6:30pm leading in Takeaway, or Sunday at 6:30pm leading into Stars In Their Eyes. More likely the former.
  • Options
    northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suprised to see the STV coverage of the referendum much more lively and engaging than the very pompous and overblown BBC effort.I thought originally ITN should have done this but think ITV has chosen correctly showing it from Scottish point of view.
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Many programmes are cancelled before they start. There must be loads if programmes and ideas that never make it to air. The only reason this one is being highlighted is because of how hyped up it was in this thread, and because there is now a rule where there must be a reality/talent format in every quarter or else your schedule is doomed.

Virtually every newspaper is reporting the cancellation of Rising Star. Are you seriously suggesting that this coverage is the result of the show being "hyped up" on an obscure forum on Digitalspy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Celebrity Squares got 2.7m with +1 apparently. Good God!

Well worth a revival, then.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Celebrity Squares got 2.7m with +1 apparently. Good God!
    is anyone surprised?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that a good or a bad thing? Do tweets really mean that much

No. But when viewing figures for your channels are down 6% year-on-year, you'll grasp at anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Really disappointed by the Our Zoo rating. But at least it still won its slot.
    It is still my drama hit of the Autumn.

"Cilla" was just a bad dream, was it?
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we will have another series of New Tricks, but without any of the original cast: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a597687/dennis-waterman-confirms-departure-from-new-tricks.html

Starting to film in November apparently, too late for the BBC to pull the plug altogether?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like we will have another series of New Tricks, but without any of the original cast: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a597687/dennis-waterman-confirms-departure-from-new-tricks.html

Starting to film in November apparently, too late for the BBC to pull the plug altogether?

It wouldn't be a surprise if series 12 is the final series but if ratings dropped further, BBC One could easily cancel the upcoming series, they did that with the sitcom After You've Gone which had a two series renewal but was cancelled after the third series and Christmas special.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    northlad wrote: »
    Suprised to see the STV coverage of the referendum much more lively and engaging than the very pompous and overblown BBC effort.I thought originally ITN should have done this but think ITV has chosen correctly showing it from Scottish point of view.

thats amusing. i have been flicking through the channels thanks to the wonders of sky. stv and bbc1 scotland are pretty dire to be frank. bbc1 for the rest of the uk is better. plus we have nick robinson. :D

i am so pleased i am not lumbered with stv. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    Well worth a revival, then.

punchlines will be next. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's knocked New Tricks even more. If there was any potential salvage of the drama well he's just left.

That's going to be potentially 10 long weeks of lower ratings for BBC1. Not something you could say about New Tricks.
  • Options
    northladnorthlad Posts: 1,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats amusing. i have been flicking through the channels thanks to the wonders of sky. stv and bbc1 scotland are pretty dire to be frank. bbc1 for the rest of the uk is better. plus we have nick robinson. :D

i am so pleased i am not lumbered with stv. :p

Well I posted after first hour,and was pleasantly suprised by STV coverage.To be honest they are all now just filling time till anything is supposed to happen around 2 am.They are also using ITV news correspondents around the world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    punchlines will be next. :D

I'm waiting for 'Bullseye'.....only then will Fincham consider his work done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    northlad wrote: »
    Well I posted after first hour,and was pleasantly suprised by STV coverage.To be honest they are all now just filling time till anything is supposed to happen around 2 am.They are also using ITV news correspondents around the world.

fair point, i agree. it is filler on all sides now. yawn.
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thunderbirds should do well, I imagine it'll be a 6pm slot on Saturday as it's only half an hour long with a first look on CITV. I wonder if Thunderbirds does well, ITV will consider expanding Marvel style with other Gerry Anderson series like Stingray, Captain Scarlet, Fireball XL5 etc and creating a shared universe which they unofficially where with certain organisations and vehicles were featured in each series.
    I think Thunderbirds will go out simultaneously on CITV and ITV at 6pm. Rpt's will feature on CITV.

I really hope it does well.

I don't think ITV will air a show they expect to rate well at 6pm. ITV can only air a full roster of adverts for a maximum of 3 hours during primetime, so they would have to deliberately air something low rating and advert free in another slot afterwards. (OK this is not difficult for ITV but I'm sure they don't aim to do it!)

I'm surprised they've commissioned another run of 10 episodes for next year; with Dennis Waterman now saying he is leaving after 2 episodes, it could be heading for some really embarrassing ratings. They'll be on 97 episodes after the current run has finished airing so I say get the 100 milestone in the bag, do a limited series, maybe 6 episodes at a squeeze and then be done with it. The ratings won't recover now.
This discussion has been closed.