Options

Just had two facebook friend removals (no voter)

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,704
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I voted no and got removed by two facebook friends today. Lots of nasty messages from yes supports on facebook. Anybody else lose friends over this?

Comments

• Options
    weirlandia4evaweirlandia4eva Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted no and got removed by two facebook friends today. Lots of nasty messages from yes supports on facebook. Anybody else lose friends over this?

If they removed you due to your voting record then they weren't really true friends (or at least not the type of friend you should want). You are better off without them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they removed you due to your voting record then they weren't really true friends (or at least not the type of friend you should want). You are better off without them.

I was open in what I voted but I guess that's why so many stayed silent on it as they dislike the arguments it causes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not lost friends as such, but seen such nasty anti English comments from people I classed as friends which upset me because 1. It's pathetic and small minded and 2: Because my husband and 2 of my children are English.
    Not sure whether our friendship will be the same now I've seen their true feelings.
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really have many Yes voters as friends on FB, but the few referendum groups I am a member of are full of hatred and vitriol at the moment. One man even suggested (in response to a question about wanting to know who voted what way in each age group) that it was the addresses of the No voters that are really needed. Utterly disgusting and sums up a lot of the most vocal nationalist pigs that have been pushing the Yes agenda over the past few months.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinSarla wrote: »
    I don't really have many Yes voters as friends on FB, but the few referendum groups I am a member of are full of hatred and vitriol at the moment. One man even suggested (in response to a question about wanting to know who voted what way in each age group) that it was the addresses of the No voters that are really needed. Utterly disgusting and sums up a lot of the most vocal nationalist pigs that have been pushing the Yes agenda over the past few months.

I can't really call it victory. I worry about Scottish society? The majority have spoken yet they call us not Scottish?
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't really call it victory. I worry about Scottish society? The majority have spoken yet they call us not Scottish?

because of 2 stupid non fb friends?

err perspective much?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because of 2 stupid non fb friends?

err perspective much?

I mean that about the nasty messages on facebook today from a majority of yes supporters.
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah sounds like you just need a cuddle mate. not really my thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinSarla wrote: »

I was in tears yesterday voting, voting for what I believed was the best thing to do yet the bully tactics of certain yes voters in my circle had managed to make me feel like I wasn't patriotic because of it.
    Yet big Davie who hasn't registered to vote because he doesn't want his debt to catch up with him is ok because he is sticking one fingers up to the authorities refusing to pay poll tax.

Am sick of it all already, am sick of people telling me I'm a coward, not Scottish enough, Englafied ( whatever that means) because I chose what I felt was best.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Yes but are these people really real friends or are they facebook friends because to me they are not the same thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You were being honest about your voting intentions.
    They were being honest about not wanting friends with those voting intentions.
    You are being honest about your feelings regarding people who don't want friends with voting intentions like yours.
    Seems to me like a good exercise in honesty on all sides, so it's a win for everyone concerned! :)
    Or am I missing something here?
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Friends are people you know well, you know their family and other friends and have personal contact with them in the real world.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Disgusting that #slaveheart was trending on Twitter earlier.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Friends are people you know well, you know their family and other friends and have personal contact with them in the real world.
    i agree,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »

I've been called English for voting no by some of my family..quite incredible :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Update down another friend seems a trend..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people want to be that way I guess nothing I can do..i will stay strong I voted for what I believed was best.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people want to be that way I guess nothing I can do..i will stay strong I voted for what I believed was best.

Ignore, stay away from FB and don't comment on it. It's sour grapes that's all it is.

I'm peed off with it too but it's just pathetic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    Ignore, stay away from FB and don't comment on it. It's sour grapes that's all it is.

I'm peed off with it too but it's just pathetic.

Sadly I knew this vote would divide us all whatever it was.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Why do people worry about what people write or think on facebook. Cannot get worked up about what a load of strangers think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim59 wrote: »
    Why do people worry about what people write or think on facebook. Cannot get worked up about what a load of strangers think.

I've not got fb anymore but when I did it was only fb friends with people I actually know, I'd never add strangers.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well the one thing we can learn from this kind of behaviour is to lay to rest the notion that nationalism in Scotland is different to that in England and that the most vocal of the SNP crowd are the equivalent of the BNP.
  • Options
    donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bspace wrote: »
    well the one thing we can learn from this kind of behaviour is to lay to rest the notion that nationalism in Scotland is different to that in England and that the most vocal of the SNP crowd are the equivalent of the BNP.
    Theres an element of that for sure,I used to go quite regularly on the Tartan Army board but got peed off with the constant independants vs traitors vibe for the last couple of years.
    Having a quick look today and it's just as bad though pathetic cowards seems to be the favoured insult now.