• Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    i thought lolo had lost so much weight
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish we could meet Huw's wife. I know it won't happen he's only here until tomorrow.

Eifion talking sense. Cadno has a degree? Of course she should sell. I don't think what she says that she wants can actually be done. I would love to see them bring in a new family to run the farm. One that actually could run the place. I would like to see whoever bought the house at the auction as well. It would be great to have some new blood. Too bad it won't actually happen.
  • Options
    FluxCapacitorFluxCapacitor Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    sderr I`m so worried that they might have Liam die on his last day before he goes back to the barracks. I especially thought this when Debbie mentioned what a laugh he got from the Birthday video Debbie sent him.
    I truly hope I`m wrong, and that you`re right about Liam coming back to Cwm Deri. I`d like to see him again.....as long as he don`t start dating Gemma.

I hope he does come back. They could get a lot of good stories by having him suffering after his time on the front line. Last time we saw him he'd been re-cast hadn't he? Always felt strange to re-cast just for a (rather limp) guest appearance... I would have thought they'd re-cast with the aim of bringing him back permanently...

On another, great to see Huw again. I expected him to be re-cast if we ever saw him again too! Iolo's storyline is the most gripping at the moment, though I have to confess I'm not enjoying Dyfan Rees's performance all that much. A lot of it feels forced and I don't necessarily believe him all the time. It's a hard story though. I just wish they'd give Iolo a boyfriend. I don't understand why they haven't. Bringing in DJ as a gay man and having him get with Iolo would have given that character purpose, and it would have meant Iolo would have his boyfriend helping him through his OCD too, with the additional drama of Iolo pushing him away and not allowing him to help and their relationship being tested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And whilst I'm on a posting roll (I usually lurk!!)... Who does everyone hope to see in the 30th Anniversary episodes? I'm hoping that all the scenes at Mark's house mean his mum Kath will be back. She was such an iconic character back in the day and has good reasons to return - if only to see her son and grandson. Kath returning would feel very natural, unlike some of the other legends such as Cassie or Mrs Mac who have no ties left in Cwmderi by now...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And whilst I'm on a posting roll (I usually lurk!!)... Who does everyone hope to see in the 30th Anniversary episodes? I'm hoping that all the scenes at Mark's house mean his mum Kath will be back. She was such an iconic character back in the day and has good reasons to return - if only to see her son and grandson. Kath returning would feel very natural, unlike some of the other legends such as Cassie or Mrs Mac who have no ties left in Cwmderi by now...

You will be happy to know Kath is coming back, her picture is on the Pobol Y Cwm Facebook page along with Stacy. I think from the way they are dress for a funeral.

Let's see I would not want someone back with no connections to Cwm Deri any more. I think they need to pump up there current storylines. I would like some things that were left open resolved - so Moc back obviously. I would like a DNA test re: Arwen and so forth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he does come back. They could get a lot of good stories by having him suffering after his time on the front line. Last time we saw him he'd been re-cast hadn't he? Always felt strange to re-cast just for a (rather limp) guest appearance... I would have thought they'd re-cast with the aim of bringing him back permanently...

On another, great to see Huw again. I expected him to be re-cast if we ever saw him again too! Iolo's storyline is the most gripping at the moment, though I have to confess I'm not enjoying Dyfan Rees's performance all that much. A lot of it feels forced and I don't necessarily believe him all the time. It's a hard story though. I just wish they'd give Iolo a boyfriend. I don't understand why they haven't. Bringing in DJ as a gay man and having him get with Iolo would have given that character purpose, and it would have meant Iolo would have his boyfriend helping him through his OCD too, with the additional drama of Iolo pushing him away and not allowing him to help and their relationship being tested.

I would like to see Liam back for good. I like to see Sioned with someone other than Ed maybe Liam. I don't know why they are together other than he looks a little like Macs. Yes I think DJ should have been a boyfriend for Iolo. I am not sure why he wasn't brought in for that. I would like them to recast Huw eventually, great to see the character again but Rhys Hartley who plays him is a full time student and I think he'll be here for only these 3 episodes.

I really like Dyfan's performance so I'll disagree with you there. I have an anxiety disorder, this is one of the few storylines where they show it as being actually as severe as it can be. I don't want to be harsh but if Iolo had a boyfriend of a few months, he probably would have eventually just left Iolo in the care of his family. That is realistically what happens when someone has a severe mental illness. But yes eventually a boyfriend would be good, when they move the storyline on a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    You will be happy to know Kath is coming back, her picture is on the Pobol Y Cwm Facebook page along with Stacy. I think from the way they are dress for a funeral.

Let's see I would not want someone back with no connections to Cwm Deri any more. I think they need to pump up there current storylines. I would like some things that were left open resolved - so Moc back obviously. I would like a DNA test re: Arwen and so forth.

Amazing. Kath and Stacey are the most obvious returnees - legendary characters with plenty of ties still alive and well in the Cwm so I'm very happy to see them. Hope we see Stacey and Hywel together.

Megan's daughter Rhian or son Gareth Wyn would also be good to see again. They wrote Gareth into a corner and Rhian was never that memorable in her adult years, but they have huge ties to the show's past and could very much return with a clean slate.

Dic Deryn would be good too. The original bad boy of the Cwm and Dai's brother, DJ's dad... Would finally give DJ something useful to do!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing. Kath and Stacey are the most obvious returnees - legendary characters with plenty of ties still alive and well in the Cwm so I'm very happy to see them. Hope we see Stacey and Hywel together.

Megan's daughter Rhian or son Gareth Wyn would also be good to see again. They wrote Gareth into a corner and Rhian was never that memorable in her adult years, but they have huge ties to the show's past and could very much return with a clean slate.

Dic Deryn would be good too. The original bad boy of the Cwm and Dai's brother, DJ's dad... Would finally give DJ something useful to do!!!

Anything to make DJ useful. I don't really understand why they brought this character on. I keep hoping that will still move in the direction of making him Iolo's boyfriend. They haven't given this character much of a backstory or direction so I think it could still be possible.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was so caught up watching the Scottish politics last night I forgot about PYC til today, so watched a double episode LOL :D
    Is there a brain tumour storyline for Mark, and the reason why his Mother and sister visit? I hope that`s not the case as that`s how my beloved Dad died. And with the headaches Mark has been experiencing is exactly what happened to my Dad too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was so caught up watching the Scottish politics last night I forgot about PYC til today, so watched a double episode LOL :D
    Is there a brain tumour storyline for Mark, and the reason why his Mother and sister visit? I hope that`s not the case as that`s how my beloved Dad died. And with the headaches Mark has been experiencing is exactly what happened to my Dad too.

Me too, I tweeted you lol.
    I was just going to post that I think you are right about Mark dying:(

Iolo looked frighteningly frail tonight. I am glad he might start getting help now.

OK now I think they need to start explaining what is going on with Ed and Gemma. Ed has become frightening.
    Did I read somewhere that he comes on to Angela and Sioned begs to come help him again. I hope not I hate Ed and Sioned together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, I tweeted you lol.
    I was just going to post that I think you are right about Mark dying:(

Iolo looked frighteningly frail tonight. I am glad he might start getting help now.

OK now I think they need to start explaining what is going on with Ed and Gemma. Ed has become frightening.
    Did I read somewhere that he comes on to Angela and Sioned begs to come help him again. I hope not I hate Ed and Sioned together.

Agreed wholeheartedly about Ed.
    It did say though that Meic takes an interest in half share of Y Deri....I hope he eventually ends up with a full share of Y Deri. It hasn`t been the same without Meic behind the bar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed wholeheartedly about Ed.
    It did say though that Meic takes an interest in half share of Y Deri....I hope he eventually ends up with a full share of Y Deri. It hasn`t been the same without Meic behind the bar.

Do you understand why Ed changed personality? He's become intolerable since he and Angela split. I can't believe this is about the affair Angela had 15 years ago. Realistically there should be something going on to make someone change so much. They haven't explained it.
  • Options
    MalwenMalwen Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing Kath and Stacey too. What happened to the child that Stacey and Hywel had together? Hywel never mentions him/her (I can't remember if it was a boy or girl)

Ed was quite young when he suddenly had to take on the role of a full time parent to Gemma. I think his personality changed around the time that Gemma left home and discovered the truth about her Mum's death. To me Ed's personality change makes sense because he has been released from that parenting role. Now he often behaves like someone in their early twenties, which he couldn't do when he was bringing Gemma up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malwen wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing Kath and Stacey too. What happened to the child that Stacey and Hywel had together? Hywel never mentions him/her (I can't remember if it was a boy or girl)

Ed was quite young when he suddenly had to take on the role of a full time parent to Gemma. I think his personality changed around the time that Gemma left home and discovered the truth about her Mum's death. To me Ed's personality change makes sense because he has been released from that parenting role. Now he often behaves like someone in their early twenties, which he couldn't do when he was bringing Gemma up.

Ed's violent now though, which he never was before. I don't like that much at all. Especially since he is with Sioned, but I never have understood that relationship really.

Speaking of Hwyel's children, how many did he lose?

Oh great to see you post your first post Malwen:)
  • Options
    MalwenMalwen Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the welcome Sderr, I've been lurking on here for a while.

I didn't realise that Ed was still violent since he came off the steroids. I have missed quite a lot of episodes recently.

The children of Hywel which I know about are:
    Hywel + Stacey = child now approx 20yrs old if still alive
    Hywel + Nia = Rhys
    Hywel + Nesta = Lleucu (turned out to be Cai's daughter not Hywel's)
    Hywel + Gaynor = aborted foetus
    There may be others I don't know about!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malwen wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome Sderr, I've been lurking on here for a while.

I didn't realise that Ed was still violent since he came off the steroids. I have missed quite a lot of episodes recently.

The children of Hywel which I know about are:
    Hywel + Stacey = child now approx 20yrs old if still alive
    Hywel + Nia = Rhys
    Hywel + Nesta = Lleucu (turned out to be Cai's daughter not Hywel's)
    Hywel + Gaynor = aborted foetus
    There may be others I don't know about!

Hi Malwen, Ed hasn't been violent again until yesterday when he twisted Gemma's arm and tried to blackmail her into staying and working for him. Also he denied his role in wanting to burn down Y Deri. He was like he was when he was on the steroids. I want to know what is going on there.

Thanks for the recap of Hwyel's children. We could count Gwen his granddaughter in their too. I would love to see Hwyel and Stacy talk about there relationship. Definitely lots of interesting possibilities.
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    hwyel been very busy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *waves* Hiya Malwen....welcome to the PYC chat. :)
    Thanks for the rundown of Hywels kids. He has been busy. What happened to Rhy`s Mother Nia? Was Nia a schoolgirl at the time that Hywel had the affair with? Or was the schoolgirl Stacey, Marks sister?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the rundown of Hywels kids. He has been busy. What happened to Rhy`s Mother Nia? Was Nia a schoolgirl at the time that Hywel had the affair with? Or was the schoolgirl Stacey, Marks sister?

Stacey was a schoolgirl I think wavlovr. I remember back when Macs and Hwyel were fighting over Gaynor Mark told Macs about it. Maybe they both were Hwyel's students. Rhys and Hwyel discussed it once something about the law changing so what Hwyel did wasn't illegal but it would be now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nia was Llew's daughter, and was in a coma for years before they finally turned off her life support. It was a great storyline actually - they kept it going for ages and very realistically too as Llew refused to turn off her life support when there was just the smallest chance she could wake up.

Hywel HAS been busy! He also had an affair with Beth (schoolteacher who used to live in Sion's house) and Cassie (the Deri landlady before Anita)

Can't wait to see Kath again. I wonder if they'll explain where her husband is? The actor unfortunately died a few years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nia was Llew's daughter, and was in a coma for years before they finally turned off her life support. It was a great storyline actually - they kept it going for ages and very realistically too as Llew refused to turn off her life support when there was just the smallest chance she could wake up.

Hywel HAS been busy! He also had an affair with Beth (schoolteacher who used to live in Sion's house) and Cassie (the Deri landlady before Anita)

Can't wait to see Kath again. I wonder if they'll explain where her husband is? The actor unfortunately died a few years ago.

Was Nia the one who drove into the river?
    Hwyel has been quite boring lately hasn't he? Gaynor and Hwyel have become too ordinary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Flux Capacitor. Great user name by the way.... the BTTF trilogy are some of my fave movies
    :D:D

I would love it if PYC gave us classic PYC from the beginning in the Friday time slot when they go 4 days a week starting January 2015.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Flux Capacitor. Great user name by the way.... the BTTF trilogy are some of my fave movies
    :D:D

I would love it if PYC gave us classic PYC from the beginning in the Friday time slot when they go 4 days a week starting January 2015.

Yes! I want to see the sinister minister Owen. Disappointed I missed that storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! I want to see the sinister minister Owen. Disappointed I missed that storyline.

You read my mind sderr....I would LOVE to see the sinister minister too. He was married to Ffion wasn`t he?
    I`d like to see eps with DJ`s Dad too, and eps when Diane first met Dai.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You read my mind sderr....I would LOVE to see the sinister minister too. He was married to Ffion wasn`t he?
    I`d like to see eps with DJ`s Dad too, and eps when Diane first met Dai.

Yes Owen was married to Ffion. He's Aaron's biological father.