Options

The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe there'll be some poison left over and if we are patient.......................... :D
    Maybe that's why Jai is in that ED fairytale advert. He eats the poison toffee apple :o:D
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Maybe there'll be some poison left over and if we are patient.......................... :D

Oo yes. Megan takes a bottle of wine from the Home Farm cellar, takes it home for a celebration. In the inevitable toxic breakup over Leyla, they forget about it and it gathers dust on the side. Then one day, just as he's about to reveal whatever Sexy Rakesh's secret is supposed to be, Jai swigs the lot ...

Dead as a doornail. The nation weeps. :cry::D

eta: Oh, Pandora's toffee apple explanation is much better. :blush::D
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bib:1 If the cap fits. And if anyone is like that to me on DS, I am not about to sit back take any of that nonsense from you, or anyone else. Luckily, everyone else has manners, are friendly and good for a laugh.

bib 2: You know full well that you have made sarcastic replies to me in the episode threads on several occasions, and not just regarding the recent Dingles post, so don't bother to claim otherwise.

Sheeeesh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I'm more shocked at you having a friend. :o:o

:p:p

One more than you've got, dear! :kitty:
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great theory regarding Declan from Arty Attack over on the daily.

Declan
    confesses to starting the Home Farm fire.
    The insurance company want their money back and Home Farm has to be sold to pay them back.
    Charity is left with nothing.

[hope you don't mind me bringing your theory over here, Arty.]
    :)
    No problem. Sticking by this theory but
    the poisoning of Charity has me stumped a little unless he wants them both to die.Maybe he just wants to frighten her.
  • Options
    star89star89 Posts: 24,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Sheeeesh

Stop arguing and get ya backside on t'daily :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    No problem. Sticking by this theory but
    the poisoning of Charity has me stumped a little unless he wants them both to die.Maybe he just wants to frighten her.
    Perhaps
    poisoning her is his main plan, but if it all starts to go wrong next week confessing to the fire might be a last ditch attempt to save his money/redeem himself.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora. wrote: »
    Perhaps
    poisoning her is his main plan, but if it all starts to go wrong next week confessing to the fire might be a last ditch attempt to save his money/redeem himself.
    If poisoning her was his plan - then there's no doubt he'll have to ditch that as an idea since the hospital has found the traces of his poison in her son Noah - ironically, only because he had an allergic reaction to it.

Damn the little scrote - we might have got rid of him too >:(:D
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mini Synopsis of ep
    no spoilers are given out below since Kwynne knows of none what belows is part synopsis and part Kwynne possibly overthinking.

Charity is still sick, Declan appears to be sympathic but is clearly really a madman trying to kill her or he's on a Chris Tate style plot where he commits suicide and blames it on Charity or murders her and makes it look like suicide (merely Kwynne's suspicion and is Not a spoiler at least not one that Kwynne knows anyway,.
    Meanwhile Megan is still going bonkers about Charity and somehow fails to notice Jai and Layla snogging right in front of her.
    Meanwhile back at home farm after Jai and Megan have invaded the house causing yet more rows, Megan chats to Noah and either picks up an already poisoned bottle of wine or she poisons it herself but see first paragraph as to what Kwynne's many years of Analysis surmise.
    Noah then takes the wine and goes to see the suddenly tall jolly green giant, drinks the wine and collapses and the Jolly green giant goes for help
    .Noah is rushed to hospital ensuing all the usual soap hospital melodrama's
    Later when Noah is getting better he tells charity about the wine and charity fails to notice Declan behaving suspiciously and instead blames Megan and calls the worlds worst police.
    Elsewhere Jai when he hears about Noah totally abondons very rudely Layla in the same house with Megan, Layla quick thinking averts disaster and Layla wonders off to the pub.
    Where a reject from corrie is waiting, he had only come to fix the shops freezer which was broken
    However David and alicia for unknown and totally unrealistic reasons wants to matchmake him with Layla.
    Elswhere Victoria is funny
    Finn has slept with Aaron while drunk which after what happened the last time he was inebriated you would think he would know better, the reject from Game of Thrones was right on that matter.
    Anyway Finn as usual mase a total fool of himself
    While Aaron had an angst ridden fight with the reject from Games of Thrones.
    And James tried to pay off the Reject to go far away to westeros s he would get away from both Aaron and the wrath of Cain
    Elsewhere despite Charity tender efforts of bribes and lies Pete still won't forgive Debbie despite taking her to hospital to see noah in Charity's Bribemobile.
  • Options
    MavisConsuelaMavisConsuela Posts: 1,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to Declan - If he were to ever confess to the home farm fire... would his assets be frozen? If so Charity would be left with nothing regardless.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    With regards to Declan - If he were to ever confess to the home farm fire... would his assets be frozen? If so Charity would be left with nothing regardless.

Only his wig.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Only his wig.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only his wig.
    I can't believe it took until half 4 for this to start... >:(
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,674
    Forum Member
    Only his wig.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    While Aaron had an angst ridden fight with the reject from Games of Thrones.

Can someone explain this {BIB}
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Declan knows charity is lying because after everything he's recently heard has made him see things differently. Like charity having a miscarriage the day after Debbie has an abortion or charity then creating the argument with Megan that caused the miscarriage. Don't know how far he'll go. Wonder if its leading up to a who done it maybe charity is left for dead and there will be a lot of suspects.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god, I have so had it with Aarsehole! >:( He hasn't changed one iota, in fact if anything he's even more insufferable. Will be muting/skipping any scene he is in from now on. Danny Miller is also awful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A thought just hit me - aren't we meant to be getting a villain this Autumn with some "unusual allegiances"? Could that perhaps be
    The guy Edna put into prison / someone who knew him with an axe to grind?
    :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charity not only has the prenup in her favour, but she is the only person who knows about Declan nearly killing Megan in the fire. I like how ED is playing this - crediting the audience with the intelligence to work things out from the hints onscreen. I wish Corrie would do this more often - stop spelling out every plot point, every mild shock, in detail weeks before they happen. That's the real problem with Corrie - unlike the other main soaps, they spill too many secrets too soon. Shame no one learned from how good the scenes with Craig avoiding Karl were,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charity not only has the prenup in her favour, but she is the only person who knows about Declan nearly killing Megan in the fire. I like how ED is playing this - crediting the audience with the intelligence to work things out from the hints onscreen. I wish Corrie would do this more often - stop spelling out every plot point, every mild shock, in detail weeks before they happen. That's the real problem with Corrie - unlike the other main soaps, they spill too many secrets too soon. Shame no one learned from how good the scenes with Craig avoiding Karl were,
    Not a legal document in the UK (not illegal but doesn't stand as binding in a court) and Declan has contacted his solicitor.
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine if Declan dies, and there is any suspicion surrounding the nature of his death / disappearance, then the pre-nup will be a huge mitigating factor against Charity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I think it was Declan and the wine poisoning..He looked really shifty after i rewatched E'dale this morning :D
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    I think it was Declan and the wine poisoning..He looked really shifty after i rewatched E'dale this morning :D

Me too, you could see his wig slipping.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »

He looked dismayed that Megan was getting the blame.
    And worried about how he was going to get Charity to not blame Megan while at the same time covering his own tracks.
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Declan here - he had the desperate look which Charity had last week when it was all slipping away from her. Only now the boot is on the other foot.

Really looking forward to seeing how it all plays out this week - and that ED have kept us in the dark (and continue to do so) about who (if indeed anyone) dies.

Makes you feel quite nostalgic for the days pre the Internet and spoilers to when you didn't know what was going to happen until it played out on screen.
This discussion has been closed.