Options

Being as I can't find a Labour Conference thread. Here's one

Comments

• Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've almost fallen asleep! can't believe in 9 months this man will probably be our prime minister!
  • Options
    rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed's been listening to his critics and made sure he included Brown in his thankyou for saving the union segment today. Apparently he failed to mention him in an earlier interview he gave .
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The obligatory "I met a woman..." story.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've almost fallen asleep! can't believe in 9 months this man will probably be our prime minister!

Have any of Cameron or Clegg's speeches been any more rousing?
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 64,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rusty123 wrote: »
    Ed's been listening to his critics and made sure he included Brown in his thankyou for saving the union segment today. Apparently he failed to mention him in an earlier interview he gave .

A mere trifling for the man who saved the world, now pass me the sick bag. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see why it's an 80 minute speech. Ten mins in and he's basically said nowt yet.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    I miss the old days of the Labour Party Conferences when they addressed each other as comrade or brother, sitting in their shirt sleeves, and demanding nationalisation of the air we breathe. Now it is posh boys like Tristram, Chuka and Ed Miliband groomed to perfection and not having a clue about what they want to do - apart from getting elected.

Those were the days.:D

Now here's the thing, I am still waiting for Miliband to say something inspirational.
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleased to see there's one bloke in the crowd behind him.

Edit: Nope, lost him. He's gone.
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not tonight Josephine , meet two women in a park they seemed to like seeing him the first one said you wanna a bj.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Pleased to see there's one bloke in the crowd behind him.

Edit: Nope, lost him. He's gone.

Poor sods are going to have to stand there for 80 mins. Any bets on the first one to faint or fall asleep?
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ironic that Miliband thinks that the privileged few in the expensive homes are keeping poor Gareth from owning his own home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deja vu? I'd swear he's used the "two women in the park" gag in a previous speech.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Poor sods are going to have to stand there for 80 mins. Any bets on the first one to faint or fall asleep?

They are all UGLY not a good looking one among them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Those were the days.:D

Now here's the thing, I am still waiting for Miliband to say something inspirational.

Inspirational? Anything of any substance will do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A small elite at the top who can afford a big house in London? That will be Mrs and Mrs Miliband then.

Audience looks half asleep.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I ask a question that I can answer?

Yes I can.

rolleyes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends together we can!!!!
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK I've turned it off! lol

Please post if he says anything interesting. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That'll be me. I'm nearly there already.

Seriously: "We can?" Isn't that kinda copyrighted?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is sounding like Rick Astley's "Together Forever".
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone on here been to a party (of any persuasion) conference? Is anything there interesting or is the only value in the free pencils you can take from the various exhibition stands?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great tweet from Michael Deacon (who's obviously got it in for Ed this week)
    I've seen Ed Miliband meeting people. They swore at him, called him a liar, and trapped him up against the window of Claire's Accessories
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone on here been to a party (of any persuasion) conference? Is anything there interesting or is the only value in the free pencils you can take from the various exhibition stands?

I've been to Green Party conferences. The speeches are often boring, but it is mainly about meeting people outside of the speeches that makes it interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A small elite at the top who can afford a big house in London? That will be Mrs and Mrs Miliband then.

Audience looks half asleep.

It's only the large coffee I just poured myself that's keeping me concious. I'm gonna give it another ten mins and if things don't buck up it's either a channel change or Dignitas for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I went to a NUS conference in Blackpool in the 90s when Stephen Twigg was President. It was mostly a long drinking session.