Things that make you cringe

Comments

• Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should treasure that:D
    Glad it's you though:D
    After initially laughing, then trying to look stern, I say, very loudly, 'that's not very ladylike!' :D
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whenever I hear anybody saw 'awks' or 'totes emosh' or any of that TOWIE crap talk.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hatpeg wrote: »
    Women with a tattoo.

Yeh just one is rubbish.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    trevorp wrote: »
    Rap. It's been more than 30 years so I can safely say I'll just never come to terms with it. Whenever I hear anyone doing it I cringe and feel embarrassed for them.

Affected people in general, but especially those who do that face-fanning motion to indicate they're experiencing some great emotion.

Annoying speakers: up-talkers (making everything sound like a question); baby-talkers (e.g. the TOWIE idiots); exponents of chav/jafaican/whatever-it's-called-this-month.

Yep, I'll go along with all those.

I hate rap - even the way they hold the bloody microphone is idiotic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When girls speak about their periods. I'm a girl myself but that doesn't mean I want to know you are experiencing your "time". It's especially embarrassing when it's written on Facebook.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Yep, I'll go along with all those.

I hate rap - even the way they hold the bloody microphone is idiotic.

Ah, rap..... Rich black people, telling poor white kids what it's like on the streets.;-)
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who pretend to be really knowledgeable about something, but know absolutely nothing about their subject.

Yes, that makes me cringe too. It is so easy to catch them out too.

Other things that make me cringe are;

Seeing myself coming towards me in a big mirror in a shop. The shock of seeing how much older and fatter I am getting, is horrible :(

Cliff Richard, I can't bear him.

People who say they don't like a certain type of music, band or singer but they have never listened to more than one track of theirs, in fact some have never even heard them at all,

Two-faced people. The sort who are all agreeable and smiles to someone and then talk about them behind their back.

People who have such a low vocabulary that they find it necessary to swear several times in each sentence.
  • Options
    Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who refer to themselves as 'foodies' why? because they like food and are pretentious gits.

Oh and also the saying 'totes amazeballs' I mean what the hell is all that about?
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs browns boys.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The word 'huni' x

whats up huni?

inbox me huni

;-)
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Females waving their hands in front of their eyes to stop themselves crying

People calling other people babe

Also, geezers saying to their mates, alright buddy or fella.

When people say they have an eclectic music taste.

Oh the hand wavy crying thing!!! Where the Hell did this affectation come from. I can't stand it!
  • Options
    whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who shut and swear at their children in the street
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Middle-class students who talk with a fake street gangsta accent.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    people referring to celebrities [or other people they don`t know] by their first names.
  • Options
    trevorptrevorp Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Vix77 wrote: »
    People who refer to themselves as 'foodies' why? because they like food and are pretentious gits.

Apologies for going off-topic, because for me this is less a cringe than a red-rag-to-a-bull moment, but this reminded me of Masterchef. The last time I watched a few years ago it seemed that every time there was a contestant who was non-white or non-English or slightly exotic in any way, Greg and John would start drooling and drivelling about how food 'is very important in your culture'. Quite a few went along with it, but I found it patronising of the contestants and offensive to the English (i.e. the majority of the audience). I know that self-deprecation is an English trait, but this notion that we are ignoramuses regarding food, while every other nationality has the most exquisite taste, is a myth. I found myself wanting to scream at the philandering greengrocer and his precious sidekick 'We did actually have food in England before mass immigration 50 years ago; we didn't just lie around not knowing what to do until hunger drove us to lick dust from our skirting-boards!'
  • Options
    trevorptrevorp Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Oh the hand wavy crying thing!!! Where the Hell did this affectation come from. I can't stand it!
    Did it start with the baby-talking girly-girls? Although the contagion has spread: I saw a man do it the other day. And no, it wasn't a Harry from TOWIE-type. It was an actual, bona fide, apparently heterosexual man of about 40. And he wasn't being ironic. We are doomed.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

People who have such a low vocabulary that they find it necessary to swear several times in each sentence.
    Too fkng true!
    Fkng hate it.
    Ignorant tw*ts

I actually knew a bloke who, if you removed every "F" and "C" word from his sentences, had said almost nothing.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Quite a few things make me cringe. The expert who just opens their mouth and spouts their opinion on any subject under the sun, despite not having the faintest clue what they are talking about. I know someone who does that all the time, he has a habit of just butting into people’s conversations and talking over everyone. Invariably he is totally wrong but seems to think a reasonable debate is him shouting “Without a doubt!” over and over when other people are trying to speak. He should be in politics!
    There’s the person at work who wants everyone to take part in her hobbies and thinks you are a spoilsport if you don’t feel as enthusiastic about them as she does. She’s recently joined a local amateur drama group and now wants to set up a departmental song and dance troupe. Instead of getting on with her job, she spends all her time pestering people and trying to cajole them into joining.
    She just hovers about saying “You’ll enjoy it!” I can’t sing, dance or act and have no desire to do so but that just doesn’t seem to register with her. She will not take no for an answer – so she’s having to put up with **** OFF!
    My cousin, who isn’t the fastest jet in the squadron, becoming politically aware due to the referendum vote. That’s if politically aware means bellowing “FREEDOM!” as his sole argument for independence. When asked about pensions, mortgages and jobs his response was “Huvnae got a pension. Huvnae got a mortgage and huvnae got a job and dinna gie a **** aboot people who do.”
    His most cringeworthy comment is “I know for a fact…” which means his “fact” is something that has just drifted through his head or he’s half-read on the internet. “I know for a fact the referendum votes were rigged because I know for a fact EVERYBODY in Scotland voted yes!”
    My mum’s performance when she gets visitors. She goes mad, she can’t simply tell them something, she’s got to do the actions, make stupid sound effects and crap accents. The worst bit is if she has to leave the room – as soon as she does she starts “singing”. Well it’s more of a piercing, high-pitched howling – a bit like an out of tune musical saw. It’s impossible for anyone to hold a conversation with it going on. The rest of the time she’s normal(ish) but I dread being in her house when she has guests.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member

And when they are not swearing every other word is "man".
    "Hey man, you ****in' ok man? ****in' awrite man, eh man?"
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Andre.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

"Friends" I reckon.
  • Options
    toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    Yeh just one is rubbish.

Young people in their late teens or 20's with full arm sleeve tattoo's, obvious they had no previous tattoos - Oh how they wish they never when the they reach their 30's and are no part of a particular fashion 'look'. That make's me cringe.
  • Options
    MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Men who pluck their eyebrows so that they are in some kind of perfect shape. Just looks awful.

the 'R U OK hun??? xxx' brigade

The obvious cheesy music that gets used on X factor, deliberately chosen to make people emotional.
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SaturnV wrote: »
    "Friends" I reckon.

Chantelle Houghton is guilty of it too.
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much everything these days.