Comments

• Options
    bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smacka wrote: »
    Well I think it's quite clear.

Well, it might be clear to you.

I never asked scruffy for any links and I don't know who did. I don't know what was said after I left the forum and I don't read every single post.

I never mocked her job, in fact I complimented her on it. :confused:
  • Options
    jpscloudjpscloud Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there's no filth in the trench either! :o

*looks innocent* :cool:

Ohhh, no you don't! I remember the tit conversation as if it were yesterday, innocent you ain't!
  • Options
    Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
    Forum Member
    jpscloud wrote: »
    Ohhh, no you don't! I remember the tit conversation as if it were yesterday, innocent you ain't!

:D:D

at least you didn't mention soggy biscuits...
  • Options
    ClaireChClaireCh Posts: 5,899
    Forum Member
    sandy50 wrote: »
    Just found this link....- apologies if posted before. BUT - Frank was No.10 on the State's witness list - :o I hadn't seen this before - All I was aware of was that he told Van Aardt that he didn't hear anything and so it was pointless calling him , but hadn't realised he was actually on the list of State witnesses, here it is in writing.

http://ewn.co.za/-/media/Files/WitnessList%20pdf

Aww, guess being pretty elderly he really didn't hear a thing , but he was outside and dressed when Mike and Carice saw him at OP's house - not worth rehashing again I know, but thought it interesting seeing his name on the actual list of witnesses.

Erin Stear was also on the list, as was Mr Beare the gun dealer and Melissa Rom.
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bootyache wrote: »
    Well, it might be clear to you.

I never asked scruffy for any links and I don't know who did. I don't know what was said after I left the forum and I don't read every single post.

I never mocked her job, in fact I complimented her on it. :confused:

She commented on the handbag being taken with police approval I think, I questioned her about that and suggested it was the bag with clothes but if it was indeed the handbag did she have a link. No big deal.

Where is the poll re sentencing as I havnt voted yet. Who is in charge?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found this link....- apologies if posted before. BUT - Frank was No.10 on the State's witness list - :o I hadn't seen this before - All I was aware of was that he told Van Aardt that he didn't hear anything and so it was pointless calling him , but hadn't realised he was actually on the list of State witnesses, here it is in writing.

http://ewn.co.za/-/media/Files/WitnessList%20pdf

Aww, guess being pretty elderly he really didn't hear a thing , but he was outside and dressed when Mike and Carice saw him at OP's house - not worth rehashing again I know, but thought it interesting seeing his name on the actual list of witnesses.

BUT why in Masipa's Judgement (below) did she say :
    http://www.pod702.co.za/Eyewitnessnews/docs/140915OPJudgment.pdf

1. At the time of the incident there was no one else in the accused’s
    house except the accused and the deceased. Therefore it could only
    have been one of them who screamed or cried out loud.

I read that perhaps Frank didn't have legal residency so that was reason he wasn't called - but doesn't explain the fact he was 'ignored' as being on OP's premises,abeit not inside the main house on that night does it, confusing. :confused:

I couldn't believe it when the Frank thing emerged - but as you say, the prosecution would have called him if they could and it would have been helpful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ClaireCh wrote: »
    Erin Stear was also on the list, as was Mr Beare the gun dealer and Melissa Rom.

i do wonder why the state didn't call a lot of their witnesses
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClaireCh wrote: »

Also someone from netcare .
  • Options
    ClaireChClaireCh Posts: 5,899
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Also someone from netcare .

oh god, loads of Netcare, they make up half the witness list but still weren't called. I imagine some of them were the paramedics that attended but even so..
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She commented on the handbag being taken with police approval I think, I questioned her about that and suggested it was the bag with clothes but if it was indeed the handbag did she have a link. No big deal.

Where is the poll re sentencing as I havn't voted yet. Who is in charge?
    Is there another poll ? oo where is it ?
    I haven't voted, I didn't know there was even a new one :(
    Is it up and running or shall we start a new one ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i do wonder why the state didn't call a lot of their witnesses

I got very caught up in believing the State had proved its case, and although I did pause for thought when some people were posting negative on that I honestly expected the verdict to be murder.

But with hindsight those witnesses must have been thought of as not capable of progressing the State's case, or they would have been called, surely?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there another poll ? oo where is it ?
    I haven't voted, I didn't know there was even a new one :(
    Is it up and running or shall we start a new one ?

Someone did a good poll about sentencing but don't know who. I expect someone can ressurect it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleeeease guys if you make another poll don't spam post it! And I don't mean to be unfriendly or criticising or anything, just got really fed up of seeing so much of the last one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got very caught up in believing the State had proved its case, and although I did pause for thought when some people were posting negative on that I honestly expected the verdict to be murder.

But with hindsight those witnesses must have been thought of as not capable of progressing the State's case, or they would have been called, surely?

I make no apology for the fact that I thought the prosecution had done enough for Dolus Directus., still think they did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleeeease guys if you make another poll don't spam post it! And I don't mean to be unfriendly or criticising or anything, just got really fed up of seeing so much of the last one.

Once a day ? :blush: a week ? :blush: one mans spam is another's caviar :D well in my childhood anyway. :D
  • Options
    bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where is the poll re sentencing as I havnt voted yet. Who is in charge?

benj, no one is in charge in here. That's why we run riot.

WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE.....................................................................:o:p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    posts can just be ignored though, you don't have to read each one - it is an effort to search for it each time - so good when number of people can bump it up so not just one person is having to trawl for it each time they log in ! it does not harm does it ? to be fair.
  • Options
    Jeremy99Jeremy99 Posts: 5,476
    Forum Member
    bootyache wrote: »
    Yes, I can certainly see where you are coming from. And it could also answer all the puzzlement that so many can't work out.

In the desire to see justice being done there is a great reluctance to consider any possible ‘outside interference’

But remember this trial is not taking place in some High Court in the UK but in SA where even the President is tarnished with charges of corruption. So who knows what lies beneath the legal trappings of the Court.

Sad as it is it has to be considered and it does answer a lot of questions almost impossible to answer otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once a day ? :blush: a week ? :blush: one mans spam is another's caviar :D well in my childhood anyway. :D

Blearghhh! I have been known to eat some junk, but spam was... despicable. Do they still make it?

Sorry I know I'm probably in a minority of one but it did seem the poll was posted every page for a bit. I feel like a grumpy old bat now for saying so. Sorry :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member

yes. with hindsight i think nel left a lot of things unfinished. he could have done with calling more witnesses i think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy99 wrote: »
    In the desire to see justice being done there is a great reluctance to consider any possible ‘outside interference’

But remember this trial is not taking place in some High Court in the UK but in SA where even the President is tarnished with charges of corruption. So who knows what lies beneath the legal trappings of the Court.

Sad as it is it has to be considered and it does answer a lot of questions almost impossible to answer otherwise.

I will make no comment on any form of corruption until I see the end result.,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Trial was down to take 3 weeks, perhaps if it hadn't of been for so many pointless witnesses the Defence put on the Stand it might have done - and if Masipa had told the Prosecution she'd not be taking any evidence all their ear-witnesses heard on Reeva having screamed seriously , that would have cut the time of the Trial down too. ^_^;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blearghhh! I have been known to eat some junk, but spam was... despicable. Do they still make it?

Sorry I know I'm probably in a minority of one but it did seem the poll was posted every page for a bit. I feel like a grumpy old bat now for saying so. Sorry :blush:

Fritters to you. :D
  • Options
    Jeremy99Jeremy99 Posts: 5,476
    Forum Member
    I will make no comment on any form of corruption until I see the end result.,

…… but you have seen the end result of the ammunition charge. I rest my case :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy99 wrote: »
    …… but you have seen the end result of the ammunition charge. I rest my case :)

I have my reservations. But will wait and see.
This discussion has been closed.