Options

Does the Quran tell Muslims to act like ISIS?

Comments

• Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know what the biggest problem with Islam is? Most people wont actually say, you know what, it does say that but we dont believe in it and it is wrong.
  • Options
    John_HuxleyJohn_Huxley Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what you mean.

The quran essentially tells you to hate disbelievers of Islam, and to fight them.

The hadith, tells you specifically what you should do, and what Muhammad and the first Muslims did, which is exactly the same as what ISIS does, and what all the extremists do.

The hadith has the stories of Muhammad commanding to execute anyone leaving Islam, stories of what is haram, of considering pictures of live creatures haram, the veil, etc.

I've read the quran, hadith of Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, read the Tafsirs from Ibn Kathir and other's etc.
  • Options
    AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    I know you aren't being serious.

The Daily Mail will publish any old tripe to incite Muslim hatred.

The problem is too many ignorant people fall for it.

I wonder how many people replying to this thread have actually read/studied the Quran.

From what I have read: yes - the Quran and the Hadith do tell Muslims to act like ISIS.

Of course the Bible also contains some crazy instructions for Christians. This does not negate the fact that the Quran contains quite a few violent passages and that ISIS is following many of them to the letter.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnnieBaker wrote: »
    I wonder how many people replying to this thread have actually read/studied the Quran.

From what I have read: yes - the Quran and the Hadith do tell Muslims to act like ISIS.

Of course the Bible also contains some crazy instructions for Christians. This does not negate the fact that the Quran contains quite a few violent passages and that ISIS is following many of them to the letter.

Islam is around 600 years younger than Christianity. Go back into Christian history and you will find barbarism on a grand scale. Everything from stoning to death, decapitation, crucifixion and killing non believers. All supported by Biblical text.
    Look at the war crimes committed in the Bosnian war 20 years when genocide was committed by Christians on a much larger scale than we are seeing here. Were all Christians asked to condemn what was happening in the way Muslims are expected to? No. Were Catholics asked to condemn the actions against orthodox Christians, no. Why should Muslims all be tarred with the same brush and Christians not? This is blatant double standards.

http://freehalab.wordpress.com/2013/10/09/bosnia-and-syria-genocide-extremism-and-intervention/
    While the opponents of intervention have been eager to remind us of the war in Iraq, they rather not be reminded of the war that took place in Bosnia. In many ways, Bosnia may be the most striking and relevant comparison to what has been happening in Syria. Not only because of the shared aspirations of its people, the genocide that they suffered from and the heroic resistance they offered against it. Perhaps even more so because of what didn’t occur. NATO intervened in Bosnia, this allowed for a political solution to be reached that ended the war. But the most notable difference lies in the way the world perceived and reported about the war compared to Syria today. It’s hard to conceive a more strikingly similar case to which reactions have been so extremely different.

http://english.pravda.ru/history/18-01-2013/123513-

catholic_church_serbian_christians-0/

Will the Catholic Church apologize for the genocide of Serbian Orthodox Christians?
    Croatian Catholic clergy actively participated in and helped organize mass orgies of sadistic violence and evil heresy as some even had competitions to see how many Serbian throats could be slit with one knife - the record being some 1360 in one evening. [/B] Serbians were murdered right in their Orthodox Churches (e.g. in Glina) and thousands of Serbs were converted en masse to Catholicism only to be slaughtered immediately afterward.

What's the difference between that and IS?

A look at the Quran and many of it's Biblical origins.
    http://www.awitness.org/journal/islamic_beheading_terror_bible.html
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the new testament tell evangelical christians to infiltrate and take over schools, prisons, etc ?

it all depends on the religious group you belong to. they will emphasise particular scriptures and ignore others. for muslims there is also sharia .........
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the Catholic Church committed some terrible atrocities hundreds of years ago. The things that they allowed to happen back then were disgusting!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    islam was created by bloodshed in a way christianity was not ! of course "the cristian west" has been violent throughout history, and european christians have fought bloody wars between themselves rather like the muslim sects now .....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the koran does go on and on and on about "the day of wrath" when Allah destroys infidels. whereas in new testament the christian judgement day gets limited mention allthough the entire tone of the new testament is apocalyptic with end of word expected ......
  • Options
    tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A look at the Quran and many of it's Biblical origins.
    http://www.awitness.org/journal/islamic_beheading_terror_bible.html

Wow.
    Bollocks articles, purple noses and UFOs. You do realise you've linked to the site of an utter loon, don't you ? :D
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know what the biggest problem with Islam is? Most people wont actually say, you know what, it does say that but we dont believe in it and it is wrong.

Nail on head.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know the Koran us on the Internet and you can check for yourself right?

8:12
    I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger.
    47:4
    Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow.
    Bollocks articles, purple noses and UFOs. You do realise you've linked to the site of an utter loon, don't you ? :D

So are you saying the Biblical quotes, the basis for the comparison, no matter who by, are incorrect? This isn't anything new.:confused:

http://www.openbible.info/topics/stoning_to_death

http://www.atheistrev.com/2005/03/bible-commands-christians-to-kill.html

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/nonchristians.html

http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Beheading

http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/darkbible3.htm

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    Does the new testament tell evangelical christians to infiltrate and take over schools, prisons, etc ?

it all depends on the religious group you belong to. they will emphasise particular scriptures and ignore others. for muslims there is also sharia .........

I suppose schools, prisons etc. were already "infiltrated" by Christians and for a long time. So much was established by the Church. Many Christians are supposed to witness and do..

Jesus commands you to: "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit," (Matt. 28:19). Also, Ezek. 3:11 says, "and go to the exiles, to the sons of your people, and speak to them and tell them, whether they listen or not . . .
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read a comment on the daily mail comments section which said the Quran tells Muslims to do what ISIS are doing, eg behead people, cause terror

Surely its not true?

Read the Quran and find out. If I was you, I wouldn't regard the comments on DM as a credible source, in fact I would go to the source which is the Quran and read it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lil_M wrote: »
    Read the Quran and find out. If I was you, I wouldn't regard the comments on DM as a credible source, in fact I would go to the source which is the Quran and read it.
    Does it have animated gif avatars and facepalm smilies?
    Or a 'like' button so a scribe scutttles out from the spine and marks the relevant passage with a big green tick?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know the Koran us on the Internet and you can check for yourself right?.

And, like a lot of things, you can randomly pull passages and quotes from it without a jot of context or explanation to back up an opinion ...
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you look on Kaotic.com you will see a captured Isis chap say that he was sodomized by one of the leaders who told him it was ok and part of Islam

if you are thick enough to believe in magic and superstition then dont be surprised when people use gullibility to their own ends
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're not allowed to feel sorry for non Muslims are they? tut tut...
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    The Quran, and the Bible, and a whole bunch of other Religious texts will tell you what you want to read if you interpret it that way. I doubt the Quran specifically states anything like this, but instead has open phrases which can be misinterpreted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DOES IT HAVE SMILIES!!!!! >:(>:(>:(

it's not an ureasonable request. I mean it's not as if I'm being radical about it and threatening to kill someone or anything ....
    >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And, like a lot of things, you can randomly pull passages and quotes from it without a jot of context or explanation to back up an opinion ...

Or you could just read it. It's not exactly long. It should take all off a day, if that. Admittedly it is repetitive and poorly written but you could judge rage fir yourself.

Then when you pull up passages you would know the context especially if you also know the historical context .

I also didn't give an opinion I just provided some passages do people can see for themselves what the book says.
  • Options
    bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read a comment on the daily mail comments section which said the Quran tells Muslims to do what ISIS are doing, eg behead people, cause terror

Surely its not true?

All the Holy books are written in symbolic form. The Qu'ran and the Bible are similar.

History has gone through years of slaughtering people based on Holy books because of a lack of understanding. Because people are now understanding the inner meanings of these books better, some people don't want that as then their powers are slipping.

People are more awake now and think for themselves more.

There is no way that Jesus and Mohammed preached hate and murder.

These Holy books were added to by those who wanted to control the masses for their own power and just used these Teachers names to do so. It's an abuse of the massess by the wealthy and powerful long ago.

There was no such thing as the devil till the Vatican dreamt it up and got artists to paint this ugly frightening thing. Before that people believed in the power of Nature etc. Although that could be used in a superstitious way too. But the depiction of the devil got people very scared and more became Christian.

The Qu'ran is so abused by certain people just to get power. Any Muslims I know are deeply peaceful people and extremely friendly. ( I'm not religious ).
  • Options
    tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please don't misrepresent me.

I said absolutely nothing about the veracity or otherwise of Biblical quotes. I said the article was bollocks and the author a loon. I know he's a loon because he maintains the ever changing shape and hue of his proboscis is proof positive of his "correct" interpretation of Christianiy, as well as being a fulfilment of OT scripture.

And now you post yet more links ! What are they supposed prove, that there are violent verses in the Bible ? I'm beyond shocked at this revelation. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bootyache wrote: »
    There was no such thing as the devil till the Vatican dreamt it up and got artists to paint this ugly frightening thing. Before that people believed in the power of Nature etc. Although that could be used in a superstitious way too.
    Not being specific to any religion here, but that's very disingenuous, and not in the slightest bit aware of reality..
    Just about every religion we know of has good and evil. (I'm leaving wriggle room for the early religions that may just not define it thus).
    And they have a well-defined image/s for good, and for evil.
    I could rattle on for hours with examples going back to pre- Babylonian, but ...
    All Christian religions have done is given the concept the name 'Satan'. Funny they use the same root name as pre-Christian religions and Islam ...
  • Options
    bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not being specific to any religion here, but that's very disingenuous, and not in the slightest bit aware of reality..
    Just about every religion we know of has good and evil. (I'm leaving wriggle room for the early religions that may just not define it thus).
    And they have a well-defined image/s for good, and for evil.
    I could rattle on for hours with examples going back to pre- Babylonian, but ...
    All Christian religions have done is given the concept the name 'Satan'. Funny they use the same root name as pre-Christian religions and Islam ...

There is nothing " disingenous" about it at all.

I'm well aware that each religion had/has it's own interpretation of good and evil. I'm just pointing out what the Vatican did as an example of how a religion can create a fictious being to frighten the masses.

And even without religion it is clear that there is such a thing as good and evil.

I don't know what your disagreeing with?? :confused: