✭✭✭
    Noah - 6/10
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    St George's Day [2012]. Director: Frank Harper

5/10

Another ****ing British gangster film. You can tell the gangsters are ****ing tough because they say the ****ing F word 3 times in every ****ing sentence.

Private Peaceful [2012]. Director: Pat O'Connor

6/10

World War 1/Anti-war drama from the Michael Morpurgo novel.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Fault In Our Stars (2014) 5/10
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Paradise Hope.

Enjoyed it until near the end, when it seems as if scenes were cut, making it muddled.
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    secret life of walter mitty. 7/10

basially a "vehicle" for danny kaye. who is quite good. extended musical routine is OTT which makes it watchable. the surreal nature of the film from original story makes it funny. i remember being amazed to find james thurbers written story only about 8 pages long ! but we have the phrase "walter mitty character" because it has been so influential .....

this was not on free to air tv for years but bbc recently shown it twice. thanks !
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The Lego Movie - 9/10
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam & Paul - 6/10

This follows a day in the life of Adam & Paul, two Irish drug addicts. My favourite bit about the film is that it's genuinely funny at times but there are some sad moments too (as you would expect in a film involving drug addiction). The two leads don't look too pretty towards the end of the film, so you might not want to watch this while having your tea.
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Boat That Rocked
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Despicable Me 2.

An outstanding sequel, loved it. Fantastic characters, environments and animation.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ask the Dust [2006}. Director: Robert Towne

6/10

Plodding adaptation of a novel about a depression era LA romance (filmed in South Africa). The dialogue feels like it was just lifted off the page with no attempt made to make it sound believable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of Horses And Men (Hross í oss) (2013) 8/10
    A Small September Affair (Bi Kucuk Eylul Meselesi) (2014) 6/10
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spiney2 wrote: »
    secret life of walter mitty. 7/10

basially a "vehicle" for danny kaye. who is quite good. extended musical routine is OTT which makes it watchable. the surreal nature of the film from original story makes it funny. i remember being amazed to find james thurbers written story only about 8 pages long ! but we have the phrase "walter mitty character" because it has been so influential .....

this was not on free to air tv for years but bbc recently shown it twice. thanks !
    I spent a long time trying to get pkta pkta pkta out of my head after watching that :D
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What If (aka The F Word) 7/10

Romantic comedy starring Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan, although Adam Driver steals every scene he's in!

Not a bad indie-type film at all, the leads have great chemistry, the acting's good and there are some laughs in it. I enjoyed it very much.
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pride 9/10....brilliant all british feel good film of the year ! i will be amazed if this film isn't up for a few BAFTAS next year !
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Harry Hill Movie. Oh my word. I'm struggling to think of a worse film that I've seen. I don't think I could rate the film :(

Just PANTS
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elektra - 3/10

Boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Human Desire (1954) 8/10
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I just had a marathon of Wolf Creek films :D

The first one was a pressie off my brother( and i love watching it) and the second i treated myself ..Love watching the first film and the second one was even worse, more killings etc :o..If there is another one to be made well i can't wait :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hana-Bi (1997) 8.5/10
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow Creek 6/10

I quite like these 'Found footage' movies but this one let me down at the last hurdle.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched Enemy Mine (1985) Last Night thought it was good film a 6 out of 10 to.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,329
    Forum Member
    End of Watch

Imagine an old episode of 'CHiPs' only more trite and with less plot. Now imagine that being stretched over two very tedious hours and filmed, pretentiously, in irritating shaky-cam that adds nothing. Got it? You've just seen End of Watch. 3/10
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    runaway jury. 6/10.

starts off with "shakey camera syndrome" always a bad sign. this then settles down but still difficult to follow the story under all the bad direction and general stylistic fugg. not best film version of a john grisham thriller.

also i cant stand new version "relaxed" dustin hoffman who seems to just perpetually grin ......

gene hackman v good as usual. even sleepwalking through it in "standard sinister baddie no. 4" mode .......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I spent a long time trying to get pkta pkta pkta out of my head after watching that :D

.... tapokita pokita pokita ........

yeah. clever idea from the story where a rhythmic repetitive sound nearby sets off his hypnotic fantasy daydreams ........ done very well in the film version too .......

i like danny kaye . always worth watching. even the horriby schmaltzy Hans Christian Anderson is still watchable.
This discussion has been closed.