Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 61)

Comments

• Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This weekends Doctor Who 'Kill The Moon' and 'The Mummy on the Orient Express' looks to be two of the best stories ans scariest in this whole series. I can't wait.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,700
    Forum Member
    Some early US news. We wait for the full ratings but promising looking for both Scorpion and Gotham.
    Very promising for CBS was episode two of drama “Scorpion” at an 8.7/13 from 9-10 p.m. (#2t), which was just two-tenths of a rating point (or two percent) below last week’s 8.9/13 debut (which translated into 13.83 million viewers and a 3.2 rating/9 share among adults 18-49, based on the Live Plus Same Day data). “Scorpion” built from the “Big Bang Theory” encore lead-in by 12 percent (versus dropping by 20 percent last week from the 11.1/17 for an original edition at 8:30 p.m.). “Scorpion” also increased from year-ago sitcoms “2 Broke Girls” (5.2/ 8 on 9/30/13) and “Mom” (4.9/ 7) by an average of 72 percent. And positive DVR usage based on the Live + 3 Day data last week (+4.12 million viewers and 1.4 rating points in adults 18-49) means that breaking up the perennial two-hour Monday sitcom block might not have been such a bad idea after all. Note to BH…keep smiling!

In other episode two news, Fox drama “Gotham” maintained 93 percent of its week-ago overnight debut with a 5.3/ 8 (#4) from 8-9 p.m. Comparably, this is 10 percent above year-ago occupant “Bones” (4.8/ 7 on 9/30/13). And an increase of 1.8 rating points among adults 18-49 last week (to a 5.0 rating, based on the Live + 3 Day data) means “Gotham” could very well be the demographic hit the network was hoping for. Two episodes in and “Gotham” looks like a keeper.

Source and more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/09/ratings-news-30th-september-2014.html
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Produced by Princess Productions who also make The Wright Stuff. In fact aren't they also filmed at the same studios?

I think The Wright Stuff will beat it. They will be going on air at the same time TWS starts its most popular segment, the newspaper review.

Is The Wright Stuff around 300k most days?
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3.0 for Scorpion
    2.8 for Gotham

Decent retention for both, CBS and FOX will be pleased.

Less good news the premier of NCIS LA, away from the mother ship dropped 40% to a 1.9, Sleepy Hollow also slipped some more to a 1.7.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Is The Wright Stuff around 300k most days?
    I haven't seen figures for a while but I believe so. I think it dipped a bit after Wright's disastrous stint on I'm A Celebrity though but is still rating well. Essentially it's a format that just works, and you can't really go far wrong with it. If somebody bland was hosting it the ratings would be worse. It needs someone like Wright for all he is not everyone's cup of tea.

I see Wright's fond nickname for Downton Abbey is being used by a DS regular. :D
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    When does Gotham start on Five?
    What will they be expecting as a good start?
    What would they be hoping to maintain?
  • Options
    JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting choice, I must admit. I honestly thought Channel 5 or Sky Living would snap this up as it fits into their catalog along with CSI/Person of Interest/Mentalist etc.

This is an interesting acquisition for ITV2. It's different to their usual programming and suggests a broadening of their programming following the clearout to ITV Be.
    Does anyone know what ITV have lined up for after Through The Keyhole finishes next week?

Will they show anything post X Factor after Through The Keyhole finishes? I mean assuming the live shows start at 8, they'll go onto 10 at least for the first few weeks, especially given that...
    this year is supposed to be a top 16 (rather than 12), with wildcards being chosen by one judge for another judges category
  • Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3.0 for Scorpion
    2.8 for Gotham

Decent retention for both, CBS and FOX will be pleased.

Less good news the premier of NCIS LA, away from the mother ship dropped 40% to a 1.9, Sleepy Hollow also slipped some more to a 1.7.
    That's down half a point for Gotham week-on-week. Not terrible obviously but not great. The ever so slightly more worrying aspect I'd suggest though is that it dropped in the second half hour. Admittedly only by a tenth but given the increase of available audience across the 8PM hour and that it went from facing a Big Bang original to a Big Bang repeat it probably should have grown across the hour. Regardless given how terrible Fox is doing in general they'll be overjoyed with anything above a 1.5 this year.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    This weekends Doctor Who 'Kill The Moon' and 'The Mummy on the Orient Express' looks to be two of the best stories ans scariest in this whole series. I can't wait.

They say that every week now !! :)
    I loved 'Listen' though - can they beat that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big adjustments to ABC's Sunday ratings with Once Upon a Time rising 3 tenths to an excellent 3.7, I didn't think Frozen could boost it like that even with its incredible popularity. Ressurection also rose 3 tenths to a 2.5 which looks much better and gives a lot more breathing space to fall, while Revenge went up 1 tenth to a still paltry 1.5, but it did beat CSI.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big adjustments to ABC's Sunday ratings with Once Upon a Time rising 3 tenths to an excellent 3.7, I didn't think Frozen could boost it like that even with its incredible popularity. Ressurection also rose 3 tenths to a 2.5 which looks much better and gives a lot more breathing space to fall, while Revenge went up 1 tenth to a still paltry 1.5, but it did beat CSI.

A good week for ABC with big increases for Thursday and Sunday programming. In fact ABC, NBC and CBS have some positives to take so far from the new season. Not sure about Fox apart from Gotham.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »
    When does Gotham start on Five?
    What will they be expecting as a good start?
    What would they be hoping to maintain?
    I'll be able to answer the first within the next hour or so. Well, with the added disclaimer that it's not 100% confirmed until tomorrow.

Other two harder to answer without the above. But if it does skew young here as appears to be the case in the US there will be somewhat less pressure on the Total People numbers.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason, there is a delay with ITV HD's consolidated numbers for Monday 22nd September - for that reason, there is no official for Cilla. ITV SD and the +1 numbers though suggests the official will be in the 8m ballpark.
  • Options
    LittleByLittleLittleByLittle Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    They did mention the early start straight after the duff duffs, pretty much, so that will help, but will still catch some out. Can't see the football affecting it though, it didn't stop the fire episode rising.

Dan getting his excuses in early.
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Harry Hill to bring Professor Branestawm to life for BBC One

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/branestawm
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who will never be scary as its on before 21:00 :D
  • Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Harry Hill to bring Professor Branestawm to life for BBC One

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/branestawm
    This years Gangsta Granny for the Christmas/New Year period?
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Yes thats seems to be right. The one bright spot ratings wise so far (and GBBO of course)

Didn't The Widower do similar if not better business on Mondays (ITV)?
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Didn't The Widower do similar if not better business on Mondays (ITV)?

Yes The Widower actually rose over its 3 episodes, but was around 0.5-1m lower than Cilla
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes The Widower actually rose over its 3 episodes, but was around 0.5-1m lower than Cilla

OK thanks H. I thought the number were similar but obviously wrong.

Coronation Street audience retention for Cilla. The demos would be interesting to see if not already displayed for mileage of another series next year. Did the story cover the death of her child etc?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Homeland returns Sunday, October 12 at 9PM on Channel 4.

Gotham premieres Monday, October 13 at 9PM on Channel 5.

TBC tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That seems a decent slot for Gotham opposite what is likely to be older skewing competition on ITV/BBC.

Is Homeland a 2 hr premier like in the US or are they just sticking to 1 hr?
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gotham should do well in that slot for Channel 5.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    X Factor's first live show currently set for 19:30-22:00, Strictly currently 18:30-20:35. I can't see either's series average making good reading when the year's over if they keep on like this.

As expected, The Apprentice starts Tuesday 14th, continues the next day. The Great Fire starts on the Thursday against Crimewatch.
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That seems a decent slot for Gotham opposite what is likely to be older skewing competition on ITV/BBC.

Is Homeland a 2 hr premier like in the US or are they just sticking to 1 hr?

70 mins.

Also Strictly/X Factor overlap for 65 mins on Saturday 11th.

5.40 Pointless Celebrities
    6.30 Strictly Come Dancing
    8.35 Doctor Who
    9.20 Casualty
    10.10 National Lottery
    10.20 BBC News
    10.40 Mrs Brown's Boys (R)

6.00 You've Been Framed
    6.30 Celebrity Chase
    7.30 The X Factor
    10.00 Through The Keyhole
This discussion has been closed.