Options

Dave Gorman's Modern Life Is Goodish

Comments

• Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Somebody at work starting spouting facts for no apparent reason...they hadn't even watched last night
  • Options
    SmintSmint Posts: 4,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. A bit slow on the spelling out the longest place names bit, but it did segue nicely into the pub quiz anecdote and the fun facts. Was stunned by that sentence! :o
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,700
    Forum Member
    Thought it was good but not as good as last week.
    He spent too long on the "Fun Facts" IMO :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because of 'that' expression I learnt that the original meaning of 'proof' is to test :D
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I get the impression that the celeb guy makes up his gossip feed and then hopes that people don't see it or don't pull him up on it.

Pretty sure he could be done for libel if a person took enough umbridge with one of his statements.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I get the impression that the celeb guy makes up his gossip feed and then hopes that people don't see it or don't pull him up on it.

Pretty sure he could be done for libel if a person took enough umbridge with one of his statements.

Well Phillip Schofield certainly seemed to be heading toward action - still I expect he was a bit niggly, what with giving up smoking and all:D
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,656
    Forum Member
    Neil Sean isn't happy with that segment on the show. I do think he has taken it too seriously.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Neil Sean isn't happy with that segment on the show.

Good. I doubt that it`ll shame him into changing his conduct though. Shame is a concept that died in the mid-90s in this country as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really thought Neil's book (I'd never heard of him) was a badly photoshopped made up book until Dave showed it :D
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode this week with Dave taking the piss out of Neil Sean and writing silly letters to the Royals.

I've often seen Sean's "Green Room" column in the Metro but even a cursory glance at his column is enough to bring one to the edge of tedium. It's such a load of utterly inconsequential nonsense. Good to see Phil Schofield caught him out for printing an untrue story.

Neil Sean is not happy...

https://twitter.com/DaveGorman/status/514797014010585088
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,109
    Forum Member
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Good episode this week with Dave taking the piss out of Neil Sean and writing silly letters to the Royals.

I've often seen Sean's "Green Room" column in the Metro but even a cursory glance at his column is enough to bring one to the edge of tedium. It's such a load of utterly inconsequential nonsense. Good to see Phil Schofield caught him out for printing an untrue story.

Dread to think what someone else is going to think with one of the episodes I saw :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eraserhead wrote: »

Dave put him in his place though :D
    Incidentally, one of the shows in St. Albans (I'm going to see it) is sold out as well :D
  • Options
    ProgRockerProgRocker Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a very good show.

Can't beleive it was a year ago when it first started (according to this thread). :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can't get better than a catflap fitter :D Loved the stuff about ordering a pizza online (I havent done that yet either) :)
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that QR code was freaky
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was, but this is the best episode so far imo :D
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    I imagine I'm not the only one who went and checked out those websites? Loved this episode. :D
  • Options
    Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    I imagine I'm not the only one who went and checked out those websites? Loved this episode. :D

Haha - tell me you did the same as me and checked the QR code too?!
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    I admit I was about to, but couldn't find my phone!
  • Options
    sleepasleepa Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I did too, then shat myself for the 4 minutes of adverts :blush::)
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good show last night I thought, one of my favourites

Whole thing was basically a wind up though! I was thinking the QR code could have somehow read some data of your sim card in order to display your house from Google Maps, seemed possible to me
  • Options
    ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Great show.

Read a few tweets to him after the show that were tweeted during it pointing out that it was HM The Queen. :D

Surely people should know to only point out mistakes to him afterwards as he usually has a reason for making such obvious mistakes.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »
    Great show.

Read a few tweets to him after the show that were tweeted during it pointing out that it was HM The Queen. :D

Surely people should know to only point out mistakes to him afterwards as he usually has a reason for making such obvious mistakes.

What mistake didn't he mention that? and that his cat was HRH which queenie isn't?
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just done the qr code thing, I thought the link had been hacked :blush:
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sammy2 wrote: »
    Very good show last night I thought, one of my favourites

Whole thing was basically a wind up though! I was thinking the QR code could have somehow read some data of your sim card in order to display your house from Google Maps, seemed possible to me

The whole QR code thing reminded me of Ubisoft's interactive campaign for the launch of the Watchdogs video game, in which with very little detail they were able to gather a lot of your facebook details and build up a report on you.

The details of the whole campaign are quite well documented in this article:-
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/22/watch-dogs-facebook-privacy-settings_n_5191237.html