Options

The Paedophile Hunter CH4 Wed 1st Oct 10pm

Comments

• Options
    HogeyzHogeyz Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this really uneasy watching. It's basically dateline with Chris Hanson isn't it?

But is this not entrapment? I've always wondered if the suspects claim they knew they were fake profiles all along, how can they prove otherwise?
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    They just come in, and sit down.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dripping penis?..... Ewwwwww
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Okay this is starting to feel like that Black Mirror episode - White Bear
  • Options
    playa1playa1 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    They have to deal with the public humiliation, which is something I suppose.

Yeah but unless there family has joined their Facebook group they won't ever see it.
  • Options
    SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogeyz wrote: »
    But is this not entrapment? I've always wondered if the suspects claim they knew they were fake profiles all along, how can they prove otherwise?
    Who cares if it is? How else is one supposed to catch them? I think these people deserve a medal for what they're doing.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was dramatic.
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rougest area in Nuneaton and all they were doing was shouting Paedo out of cars.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I feel very uncomfortable with the whole concept. Entrapment is no way to conduct law and order in any society.

Would people feel comfortable seeing someone looking for an ecstasy tablet or some hash being named and shamed on national television in the exact same manner by a fake "drug dealer"?
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    contrarian wrote: »
    That was dramatic.

How did all them people in the street and those in the cars know what was going on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    playa1 wrote: »
    Yeah but unless there family has joined their Facebook group they won't ever see it.

True.

Maybe the group will get more traffic after this.
  • Options
    Kirsty.sKirsty.s Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Can't remember the last time I watched a programme that was this nail biting. Really impressed with the way the group stay on the right side of the law during the confrontations.
  • Options
    HogeyzHogeyz Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares if it is? How else is one supposed to catch them? I think these people deserve a medal for what they're doing.

It's very dodgy ground legally! But I'm aware that in crown court they have to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and the fact is, despite their horrific intentions, they haven't committed an actual crime. The pictures have only been viewed by adults? I'm not a legal expert but I don't think they can be prosecuted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It could be you next being entrapped by some vigilante and his mates for some supposed misdemeanour you've commited.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    How did all them people in the street and those in the cars know what was going on?

I'm sure they know who Stinson and the gang are, and seeing them walking down the street with a bunch of cameras and a creepy old geezer doesn't take much working out
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackol wrote: »

They're probably aware in the area what these guys do and if you're being followed by them with cameras and film equipment after you, it must mean you're the person they were after.
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find this really uneasy watching. It's basically dateline with Chris Hanson isn't it?

I haven't seen that in ages but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing one of the suspects shot himself during filming or shortly after they caught him
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the guy that killed himself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thought he'd killed himself. His choice I suppose.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    It's very dodgy ground legally! But I'm aware that in crown court they have to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and the fact is, despite their horrific intentions, they haven't committed an actual crime. The pictures have only been viewed by adults? I'm not a legal expert but I don't think they can be prosecuted.

That's what I'm wondering too.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member

They can I think, as let's not forget, the police themselves use this same method. The offence is one of attempting to have sexual contact with a child, it doesn't matter if there is no actual child involved, the intent is the offence as I understand it.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes they can, because they believed that they were talking to/sending explicit photos and/or videos to a child.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the guy that killed himself

I don't know how this vigilante guy can feel comfortable with himself knowing that a man (who was a husband and a father) killed himself because of his actions.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jezz did not think they were going to show the person who killed himself. This programme is uncomfortable viewing
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member

They can be prosecuted, the first guy shown got 3 years
    http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/11251599.The_moment_a_paedophile_was_trapped/