Options

The Paedophile Hunter CH4 Wed 1st Oct 10pm

Comments

• Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's this idiot going on about? Her husband went to meet a 12 year old for sex, you'd think she'd be happy that he isn't around any more. And she's even trying to blame Stinson
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    The guy Stinson has some real issues that he need to sort out I think.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    I don't know how this vigilante guy can feel comfortable with himself knowing that a man (who was a husband and a father) killed himself because of his actions.

He killed himself because he got found out, had it been a real girl and he got caught with her the outcome would most likely be the same.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's this idiot going on about? Her husband went to meet a 12 year old for sex, you'd think she'd be happy that he isn't around any more. And she's even trying to blame Stinson

If your wife was to do something similar, you'd happily wish a death sentence on her?
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogeyz wrote: »
    It's very dodgy ground legally! But I'm aware that in crown court they have to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and the fact is, despite their horrific intentions, they haven't committed an actual crime. The pictures have only been viewed by adults? I'm not a legal expert but I don't think they can be prosecuted.

The Stintson guy quoted a sexual offence act that I didn't fully catch, but with some criminal offences, if you can prove the intent to commit an criminal act, that can be an offence on its own.
  • Options
    playa1playa1 Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen other docs that suggest some people have an inherent attraction to younger girls/boys. Is this really the best way to tackle the issue? Intimidating people and shaming them?
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would she be happy that her child no longer has a father and that it was put all over the internet for everyone to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vierte wrote: »
    He killed himself because he got found out, had it been a real girl and he got caught with her the outcome would most likely be the same.

Certainly, but that's not actually what happened : the man killed himself directly because of the vigilante's actions.
  • Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 368,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how this vigilante guy can feel comfortable with himself knowing that a man (who was a husband and a father) killed himself because of his actions.

That woman said her child now had no father but if Mike could do or intend to do things to a child who wasn't his it is probable that he would have made advances on his own child.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member

Husband, father and paedophile. He killed himself because he was going to be found out. The coward.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if he saved her daughter from being abused herself?......
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did his team just score or...?
  • Options
    HogeyzHogeyz Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Yes they can, because they believed that they were talking to/sending explicit photos and/or videos to a child.

But how can they prove that? If we can prosecute them on the assumption they were going to commit an offence, then can they claim that they knew they were posing as underage girls all along can they get away with it on that assumption?

This person from dateline did:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2027147/Joseph-Roisman-acquitted-paedophile-To-Catch-A-Predator-entrapment.html

I'm not defending any of these people, by the way, I just find entrapment dubious.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    Why would she be happy that her child no longer has a father and that it was put all over the internet for everyone to see.

Not only the internet but now on a prime time slot on Channel 4. I feel sorry for her but she said her child is without a father because of what Stintson did, but in actuality it is because of what her husband attempted to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Husband, father and paedophile. He killed himself because he was going to be found out. The coward.

Nobody is trying to excuse his behaviour but the man killing himself helps nobody : it's left to his family, relatives and friends to pick up the pieces.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only the internet but now on a prime time slot on Channel 4. I feel sorry for her but she said her child is without a father because of what Stintson did, but in actuality it is because of what her husband attempted to do.

Her child is a lot safer now it isn't living with a paedophile. I thought she would be relieved
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See so even the police are telling him he is not helping in any way. He's motivated by his own issues and getting likes on his facebook page.
  • Options
    D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    The guy Stinson has some real issues that he need to sort out I think.

He does seem an incredibly damaged and emotionally unstable person.
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last guy was the most explicit yet is still on the streets? Jeez.

Hope his neighbours have seen this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Trial by Facebook, would we be happy having a policeman or judge with a criminal record that earned a 10 year sentence, why would we think a vigilante with one is the best person for the job
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her child is a lot safer now it isn't living with a paedophile. I thought she would be relieved

Maybe he never abused his daughter? And from the way his wife is talking, it sounds like he didn't in fact
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something not quite right with this Stinson guy.

I agree with what he's setting out to do/is doing and I think he is genuinely doing it for the right reasons, but with a little bit of the personal glory going on.

The bit at the end where the guy was released without charge - if that's the case, why is he in the programme?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But your assuming that he would have actually carried out the things he said in the texts. And that he would look at his own daughter in the same way. Surely helping him is better than forced suicide.
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    playa1 wrote: »
    See so even the police are telling him he is not helping in any way. He's motivated by his own issues and getting likes on his facebook page.

People were convicted at the end so who knows whether he really helped or not.
  • Options
    diplodocusdiplodocus Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    So am I right in thinking the guy who got released must have agreed for his face and name to be shown on this programme?

A video on facebook doesn't seem like much when you're being shown to be a paedophile on Channel 4.