Options

Spoilers from the blind auditions

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Will do! Just waiting to find out if we can get some. Do you live in Manchester then? Im going to be backstage with my friend but waiting to see how many we can have for some other people. If any spare will come back to you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was it this girl that Ricky chose? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHvRL9krmmc
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily Lloyd wrote: »
    Will do! Just waiting to find out if we can get some. Do you live in Manchester then? Im going to be backstage with my friend but waiting to see how many we can have for some other people. If any spare will come back to you :)

Thanks. I'm in Manchester yes, I can get there in 30 minutes.

If you're backstage that means they will be filming you way before the recording session starts (basically they film you walking into the studios using a high camera on a crane)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it this girl that Ricky chose? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHvRL9krmmc

Wow you made may day, you don't know how much that was bugging me, I couldn't remember her name I thought. I think that may actually be her. But that wasn't the song she sung. The song was something she had written but someone else had released and charted with. It suited her exceptionally well.

It may be hard to find her material on the web because she said he hadn't performed that much, just written mostly.
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in the queue with wristband 74 so I should get in!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cool Gilly! Keep us posted! If you can let us know how many auditioned and how many got through and who picked that would be fab! x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    I'm in the queue with wristband 74 so I should get in!

Yeah you should. Are there many people with priority tickets?

If you get a chance, don't get stuck on the right (when facing the stage), the best seats are centre stage and to the left (near the judges seats)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got stuck on the right at the back last year and it was rubbish! Going in soon so I won't have my phone for much longer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow you made may day, you don't know how much that was bugging me, I couldn't remember her name I thought. I think that may actually be her. But that wasn't the song she sung. The song was something she had written but someone else had released and charted with. It suited her exceptionally well.

It may be hard to find her material on the web because she said he hadn't performed that much, just written mostly.

After searching without her Leah middlename... I think this may be the song Hannah performed which will give you a better idea of the competition blinds pass "level" for your friend.

Hard to remember , but it was certainly of this genre (modern/dance mix/ ballard with powerful voice). And she is credited as the writer of this, and she said on stage she'd actually written it (which drew a gasp from the audience and the judges) and she said a song she had written had charted for Rudimental so it may very well be it. Though the arrangement must have been better than this for it to stand out to me as I don't rate this as much:
    https://community.musixmatch.com/writer/Hannah-Symons
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ak-Y60RoM#t=15

Bear in mind she's not the recording artist in the video, her performance - and the arrangement - if anything was miles better than this which says a lot as she did it live of course compared this this recording.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would say my friend is just as good just different but it seems that there may not be many places left by the last recording :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say my friend is just as good just different but it seems that there may not be many places left by the last recording :(

Well that was definately the case with what happened last year, but I'm hoping that after such a trigger happy start from Ricky and Rita they will reign it in. You don't need to worry about Tom or Will though, I think they will have places as they are choosier and wiser than certainly Rita who I thought was going for anything poppy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there scoobie, they have two sessions a day. The first 2 sessions were Tuesday, another 2 Wednesday, another two today. They then have tomorrow off and come back Saturday for another two session so there are 8 sessions in total but still too many acts gone through in just one session! Would you say that the talent that went through was exceptional? Mixture of boys and girls? Hopefully the producers will have had a word with Ricky and Rita and told them to hold out for longer. My friend is amazing and so deserves to go through. Just disappointing that she is in the last session as less chance of being picked.

I'm guessing they may use Friday to practice the judges song maybe? Which means you might get to see it recorded on Saturday. Other than that I can't see the logic in them having a full studio set empty on Friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is a video of

though its nothing like the song she sang in the blinds it gives an idea of her voice

Reminds me of Christina Marie last year but less shouty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She is really good. Great voice!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quote of the week:

"If you join my team I'll put you up against my weakest ones in the knockout and battle rounds" Ricky
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Lloyd, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I don't think your friend has a lot of chance of getting through :(

15 people auditioned in the session I've just got back from and 8 of them got on a team. I know that Rita only has 2 places left, Ricky has 2 and Will has 2 or 3. Tom's weren't mentioned but I got the impression he has about the same. There are still 3 blind auditions to go.

There were only 2 standouts today for me, one went to Ricky and one to Rita. All 4 judges turned for the first woman who was very shouty and "full of personailty" which isn't always a good thing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So probably just 8 places left ?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So probably just 8 places left ?!

8 or 9 I'd say. The judges had to ask how many they had got left, wouldn't you think they'd know/be pacing themselves? Rita was very button-happy.

I feel sorry for people in the later auditions. Ricky did say that he'd pressed too many times on day 1 and filled up his team, whilst he was having to lose decent people today as he didn't have enough spaces left
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8 or 9 I'd say. The judges had to ask how many they had got left, wouldn't you think they'd know/be pacing themselves? Rita was very button-happy.

I feel sorry for people in the later auditions. Ricky did say that he'd pressed too many times on day 1 and filled up his team, whilst he was having to lose decent people today as he didn't have enough spaces left

Was there anyone who you felt was stand out but didn't get through?

It is loaded in favour of the early auditions unfortunately. It will get tougher and tougher. But maybe that makes good tv, seeing the judges having to explain themselves.

In my view both Ricky and Rita picked up more than a few complete duds on day 1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was there anyone who you felt was stand out but didn't get through?

It is loaded in favour of the early auditions unfortunately.

There was an older guy who sang Bring Him Home from Les Mis and he was fantastic. The audience totally loved him, but nobody turned. They all said they couldn't teach him anything as it wasn't their genre, but it begs the question why was he auditioned? They all said he should be in the West End, but it's not that easy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an older guy who sang Bring Him Home from Les Mis and he was fantastic. The audience totally loved him, but nobody turned. They all said they couldn't teach him anything as it wasn't their genre, but it begs the question why was he auditioned? They all said he should be in the West End, but it's not that easy!

Something similar happened on day 1 , they said the same thing then.
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    NVM please Disregard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Lloyd, will you please come back and let us know what happens with your friend? Good luck for today, I hope she gets a chance :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Gilly and Scooby, my friend got through! Yay! Cant say no more than that soz but really thrilled!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Gilly and Scooby, my friend got through! Yay! Cant say no more than that soz but really thrilled!

Wow. Congrads. How many places were left when she went through?