Options

Having trouble booking a flight with Ryan air....,

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I already have insurance and it says "Don't insure me" on the drop down box - where is this box? The only drop down box under the insurance section is for country of residence?

Comments

• Options
    chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's between Denmark and Finland in the country of residence drop down box
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's under Denmark in the countries drop down box

Thank you
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its in among the countries , just to mess up your head . Another underhand ploy from Ryanair
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're.having difficulty booking a flight with RyanAir, take it as a sign from God, and book a flight with a decent airline.
    Once was bad, but I regrettably gave them a second chance, never again.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,186
    Forum Member
    If you're.having difficulty booking a flight with RyanAir, take it as a sign from God, and book a flight with a decent airline.
    Once was bad, but I regrettably gave them a second chance, never again.

Yet many of us have had several great trips with them.
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet many of us have had several great trips with them.

And may you all continue to have many more, you can have my share, thanks all the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryanair are what they say on the tin
    . If I want a cheap flight I know what I am getting and make my choice . If they are € 50 or €60 cheaper than another airline I am happy to take them as they come for that kind if saving
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this thread earlier on today... Laughed and carried on reading others. I then spontaneously booked a flight with Ryanair and spent about 10 minutes trying to avoid buying insurance :( eventually I remembered! The advice forum does really help!
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,186
    Forum Member
    And may you all continue to have many more, you can have my share, thanks all the same.

Good, more for us. You obviously misunderstood the use of the phrase 'budget airline'.
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Ryanair really as bad as its made out to be? I'm a nervous flyer and flying with them next Friday :o It will be ny fifth time flying and second with Ryanair but my fear of flying is getting worse and the hatred towards that airline on here is scaring me a bit lol.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Rachael. wrote: »
    Is Ryanair really as bad as its made out to be? I'm a nervous flyer and flying with them next Friday :o It will be ny fifth time flying and second with Ryanair but my fear of flying is getting worse and the hatred towards that airline on here is scaring me a bit lol.

No, All airlines have to pass the same safety checks etc

There are no budget airline safety checks that are less safe than any other airline

Ryanair is cheap for a reason but it isn't safety
  • Options
    ScubyScuby Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are as safe as any other airline, other posters like me wont use them as they are underhand and I have yet to see them as cheap as Easyjet or Norwegian air. Don't worry about the safety,, feel sorry for the cabin crew working for that prat O´Leary
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RyanAir are a very good airline, provided you've read all the T&C about hold luggage, cabin luggage and online checkin. It's the people who haven't who complain about them.

They also have very good customer services, who, from threads in the Trip Advisor forum, sort out problems quickly.

They have some quirks you need to be aware of, such as their geographical vagueness when it comes to airport names - check very carefully how far airports are from the city they're named after. And the "Don't insure me" in the list of locations. But they've done a lot of work on tidying up their website.

Of course they'll have problems at times over delays and even cancelled flights, but so does every airline. However, for some reason these do tend to be a bit highlighted in the media when it's RyanAir.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    RyanAir are a very good airline, provided you've read all the T&C about hold luggage, cabin luggage and online checkin. It's the people who haven't who complain about them.

They also have very good customer services, who, from threads in the Trip Advisor forum, sort out problems quickly.

They have some quirks you need to be aware of, such as their geographical vagueness when it comes to airport names - check very carefully how far airports are from the city they're named after. And the "Don't insure me" in the list of locations. But they've done a lot of work on tidying up their website.

Of course they'll have problems at times over delays and even cancelled flights, but so does every airline. However, for some reason these do tend to be a bit highlighted in the media when it's RyanAir.

This! The majority (Not all because airlines do mess up) of people who have issues with Ryanair are the ones who click 'Agree' to terms without reading them and then think 'Oh wow that was cheap' and get nasty shocks at the airport when they get charged for things that are not included
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the hatred towards that airline on here is scaring me a bit lol.

There are a few travel snobs about. Either they have a lot more money, or are silly to part with a lot more of it than is necessary to get from A to B.

I've used Ryanair many dozens of times and have had no particularly problems with it. The website has in the past been underhand, but is now much better (and the flights are also more expensive...). But I understand that some of their methods, of finding innovative ways of charging for things that used to be included, are being used by other airlines too.
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I'm just getting nervous and becoming a bit irrational. I don't care if the flight is crap just as long as I get there and back safely :D
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=jsmith99;75036011]RyanAir are a very good airline, provided you've read all the T&C about hold luggage, cabin luggage and online checkin. It's the people who haven't who complain about them.

Of course they'll have problems at times over delays and even cancelled flights, but so does every airline. However, for some reason these do tend to be a bit highlighted in the media when it's RyanAir.[/QUOTE]

No they are still a crap airline...regardless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    This! The majority (Not all because airlines do mess up) of people who have issues with Ryanair are the ones who click 'Agree' to terms without reading them and then think 'Oh wow that was cheap' and get nasty shocks at the airport when they get charged for things that are not included

Not really it's because travelling in the back of a lorry to the South of France offers more comfort than Ryanair.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I'm just getting nervous and becoming a bit irrational. I don't care if the flight is crap just as long as I get there and back safely :D

Ryanair are as safe as any other airline . The flights are not luxurious , but not crap either . The seats are comfy , and the arrive on time mainly . No frills or extras but for the price you dont expect it . I bring my own drink and sandwich or whatever I need and you will get to where you want to be cheaply .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Not really it's because travelling in the back of a lorry to the South of France offers more comfort than Ryanair.

No its not and well you know it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    No its not and well you know it

Agree to disagree then, but it's the only airline I will now never fly with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree to disagree then, but it's the only airline I will now never fly with.

Fair enough . Nobody is forcing you to . But i bet if you had to be rattled around the back of a lorry all the way to France you might take a Ryanair flight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Fair enough . Nobody is forcing you to . But i bet if you had to be rattled around the back of a lorry all the way to France you might take a Ryanair flight

I don't know...had a really bad back after a Ryanair flight, you might find them comfortable, I certainly don't and the reason I will not fly with them, they are the worst I have experienced, though Monarch aren't to far behind either.
  • Options
    bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know...had a really bad back after a Ryanair flight, you might find them comfortable, I certainly don't and the reason I will not fly with them, they are the worst I have experienced, though Monarch aren't to far behind either.

Something you may want to take up with Boeing then, who build the aircraft. And the seats are not going to be that different from anywhere else, for non-reclining seats.

Or, possibly, with your doctor, as the majority of passengers don't suffer back problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bart4858 wrote: »
    Something you may want to take up with Boeing then, who build the aircraft. And the seats are not going to be that different from anywhere else, for non-reclining seats.

Or, possibly, with your doctor, as the majority of passengers don't suffer back problems.

No need to see Doctor only ever had it it happen with Ryanair (both ways)...flown various Boeing planes as well. If I thought they were a good airline to fly with, then I would say they are...Monarch are almost as bad, and so are Virgin as well, again those two airlines would be a last resort for me as well, Ryanair would be a never again.