Options

The Paedophile Hunter CH4 Wed 1st Oct 10pm

Comments

• Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care how scum are caught like this, give the guy a big badge.
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    I coudn't believe how indiscreet he was being - about himself/his gang, the house they were using (there was a helpful caption telling millions of people the geographical location, and there were loads of shots of the interior and exterior and of the surrounding area) the methods he employed to lure the groomers to the decoy house. We even got to meet his dog! Totally stupid, putting himself and others at risk! Has he considered that whoever lives in that house (whether himself or some other person) is now at risk from idiots who might (in the mistaken belief that anyone knocking on the door of that house is a paedo) turn up and decide to take the law into their own hands? Has he also considered the possibility that other people might start setting themselves up as 'Paeophile Hunters', putting themselves and anyone they target in danger?

All you highlight and many more issues you have not is why his behaviour is stupidly dangerous.
    The guy is a idiot who in his desperate attempts to appease himself for his own crimes and questionable behaviour puts the spotlight on others .
    Classic behaviour , psychologists wet dream . Police need to step in and put a end to this Drug damaged danger .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsqAcMSoYf0

Terrible entrapment. The guy had a few harmless words and he took away his life. Awesome.

This Stinson guy angers me more and more. Complete entrapment. Lording it over the man; asking to speak to the guy’s wife and then stopping a customer from entering the shop because he has decided that it was closed for business.

What irritates me further is that he pretends to be as old as 15-years-old, which does not actually make his targets paedophiles. While it is certainly against the law to meet-up with 15-year-olds for sex in this country, it is not an unnatural perversion in the way that paedophilia is.

I have to laugh at the knuckle-draggers on Facebook and Twitter saying that such individuals who decided to meet-up with 15-year-olds will "burn in Hell". The British age of consent is a man-made construct. God (imagining that he’s real for a moment) may be of the view that the age of consent should be younger - (based on the Bible’s fascination with raping young virgins, it would seem that he cares not much for age or consent.)

On the other hand, maybe God thinks that Bahrain has it right with an age of consent set at 21-years-old. Is Mr Stinson attracted to 20-year-old women? If so, he may also be considered a ‘paedophile’ if he were to ever visit the country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    I coudn't believe how indiscreet he was being - about himself/his gang, the house they were using (there was a helpful caption telling millions of people the geographical location, and there were loads of shots of the interior and exterior and of the surrounding area) the methods he employed to lure the groomers to the decoy house. We even got to meet his dog! Totally stupid, putting himself and others at risk! Has he considered that whoever lives in that house (whether himself or some other person) is now at risk from idiots who might (in the mistaken belief that anyone knocking on the door of that house is a paedo) turn up and decide to take the law into their own hands? Has he also considered the possibility that other people might start setting themselves up as 'Paeophile Hunters', putting themselves and anyone they target in danger?

He clearly lacks intelligence in making his home and appearance known to the men he has targeted, let alone the wider world. Any of these "hunted" men who have been exposed and had their lives turned upside down could easily end up turning into the "hunter". What else have they got to lose?
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    What worries me greatly is that the vigilante didn't even seem bothered that he caused a man to commit suicide. What sort of person causes someone to kill themselves and then doesn't even lose any sleep over it?

The person who caused it isn't going to lose any sleep over it.

He's dead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    The guy is a idiot who in his desperate attempts to appease himself for his own crimes and questionable behaviour puts the spotlight on others .
    Classic behaviour , psychologists wet dream . Police need to step in and put a end to this Drug damaged danger .

Or maybe he is a young man who has been failed by the 'system' all if his young life. He's clearly had some experience of child abuse and/or sexual exploitation himself. From what was revealed on the program, I would infer that he has been failed by social services, the care system, the police...and yet, in spite of his rocky (and admittedly criminal) past, he still feels an overwhelming sense of obligation to protect other vulnerable kids. He's out there trying his best to make a difference. It might not be glamorous, but it is justice.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edeline85 wrote: »
    Amazing how many people - and to a certain extent, the filmmakers themselves - seem more interested in condemning Stinson for his background (unemployed, heavy smoker, tattoos, was in and out of care, criminal history etc), rather than condemning the men approaching underage girls for sex. I'm sorry, but does a sense of justice and a desire to protect the vulnerable have to be an exclusively middle class attribute? Would people be as offended if he were posting his films on the guardian website, as opposed to the distinctly working class facebook? If he were more articulate and wore a suit, would his work face the same derision? I doubt it.

Working class kids are so vulnerable to being targeted by these men. Just look at Rotherham. Girls where I come from face these abuses all the time, and the police don't have the resources (or the inclination) to do anything about it. And when the girls do try and speak out, they face victim shaming of the lowest order (because obviously they MUST have been asking for it, because of how they act/dress/talk etc). The more people that we have hunting these predators online, the better...and until the police do the job themselves, the 'vigilantes' will.

You mention Rotherham and the issue of vulnerable or at risk children being exploited, but to the best of my knowledge, none of those victims in Rotherham were approached online, it all happened in person.

You'd wonder too if this so called online grooming phenomenom is hugely exaggerated. I'd say the overwhelming majority of teenagers who were engaged in dodgy conversation by a middle aged stranger on social media would simply tell him to get stuffed (and then block him). There may be a few isolated cases of things happening but I'd say it's nowhere near big enough to encourage the actions of that vigilante guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member

What irritates me further is that he pretends to be as old as 15-years-old, which does not actually make his targets paedophiles. While it is certainly against the law to meet-up with 15-year-olds for sex in this country, it is not an unnatural perversion in the way that paedophilia is.

I have to laugh at the knuckle-draggers on Facebook and Twitter saying that such individuals who decided to meet-up with 15-year-olds will "burn in Hell". The British age of consent is a man-made construct. God (imagining that he’s real for a moment) may be of the view that the age of consent should be younger - (based on the Bible’s fascination with raping young virgins, it would seem that he cares not much for age or consent.)

Wait, wait...you're saying that you don't have a problem with middle aged men arranging to have sex with 15 year old girls? You don't see the kind of abuse and exploitation that those kind of encounters lead to for the child (yes...child) involved? Seriously? The law is there for a reason, you know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    You mention Rotherham and the issue of vulnerable or at risk children being exploited, but to the best of my knowledge, none of those victims in Rotherham were approached online, it all happened in person.

You'd wonder too if this so called online grooming phenomenom is hugely exaggerated. I'd say the overwhelming majority of teenagers who were engaged in dodgy conversation by a middle aged stranger on social media would simply tell him to get stuffed (and then block him). There may be a few isolated cases of things happening but I'd say it's nowhere near big enough to encourage the actions of that vigilante guy.

I mentioned Rotherham as an example of how the sexual exploitation of working class girls is often systematically ignored by 'the system', and about how those girls who do speak out face being blamed for the actions of the men who prey on them (they must have led him on...it's their own fault for drinking/doing drugs...they act older than their age so it's okay to use them...etc).

With respect to online grooming...I am in my twenties, and was a young teenager on the internet less than a decade ago. I can tell you that every chat room I went into, every online profile I had, every social media space I used....everywhere I went online, older (much, much older) men would send me sexually explicit messages. It was an epidemic! Of course, my friends and I would ignore them and try and laugh it off, but the whole thing made us feel vulnerable and grossed out. This was before online grooming was really talked about in the media, so we didn't tell anyone, but if I had my time again I would have contacted the police. I can't imagine that the situation has changed that much.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mess of a man is almost as bad as the guys he's catching. i don't understand how they can arrest these guys? technically they've been chatting up a grown man and sending him willy pics. he needs to get a proper job.
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or maybe he is a young man who has been failed by the 'system' all if his young life. He's clearly had some experience of child abuse and/or sexual exploitation himself. From what was revealed on the program, I would infer that he has been failed by social services, the care system, the police...and yet, in spite of his rocky (and admittedly criminal) past, he still feels an overwhelming sense of obligation to protect other vulnerable kids. He's out there trying his best to make a difference. It might not be glamorous, but it is justice.

Oh please don't insult me with your "he had a bad childhood so it was not his fault the damage he chose to unleash crap"

The guy is a ego maniac playing a dangerous game , There are rules and regulations in place for a reason .

Overwhelming sense of obligation hahaha , Who is he Batman ? ?
    The guy is a danger to all around him . No mistaking he enjoys what he does , and that is pretending to be a child and talk filth with perverts .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wait, wait...you're saying that you don't have a problem with middle aged men arranging to have sex with 15 year old girls? You don't see the kind of abuse and exploitation that those kind of encounters lead to for the child (yes...child) involved? Seriously? The law is there for a reason, you know.

I never said I did or did not have a problem with it. Frankly, I couldn't care less what middle aged men and consenting young adults (yes…young adults) get up to, so long as I'm not involved or have to hear about it. You're living in a fantasy land if you think that that 15-year-olds are still playing with action figures. I certainly wasn't at that age.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never said I did or did not have a problem with it. Frankly, I couldn't care less what middle aged men and consenting young adults (yes…young adults) get up to, so long as I'm not involved or have to hear about it. You're living in a fantasy land if you think that that 15-year-olds are still playing with action figures. I certainly wasn't at that age.

I do sort of agree with this. If a 15 year old is on a sex site looking for a hook up with an older guy then it would the them doing the pursuing. They certainly can't be described as an angel. So I'm not sure why the adult then can be arrested for grooming. The only thing the adult is guilty of in my opinion is stupidity for not walking away when they discover that person is a minor. So on that front I have no sympathy for any of the guys caught. They knew it was wrong but didn't stop themselves.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone find it funny that to put simple, a guy is being slated for catching the lowest form of life, I mean really come on how should it mater how scum like this are busted.
  • Options
    starzzstarzz Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    hunter23 wrote: »
    mess of a man is almost as bad as the guys he's catching. i don't understand how they can arrest these guys? technically they've been chatting up a grown man and sending him willy pics. he needs to get a proper job.

but these men think they are chatting to under age boys/girls and they think they are sending these pics t to these under age boys/girls they think they are going to meet an under age boy/girl
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone find it funny that to put simple, a guy is being slated for catching the lowest form of life, I mean really come on how should it mater how scum like this are busted.

well said
  • Options
    Forum Member

Are they the lowest though? I would say that men who rape over-the-age-of-consent women (be it either strangers or their own partners) are lower than men who agree to have consensual sex with 15-year-olds at the young adult's own request.

Tabloid brainwashing has made us lose our minds, to the point that we would cheer on and practically knight said rapist if he were to attack the latter man while both were in prison. Madness.
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they the lowest though? I would say that men who rape over-the-age-of-consent women (be it either strangers or their own partners) are lower than men who agree to have consensual sex with 15-year-olds at the young adult's own request.

Tabloid brainwashing has made us lose our minds, to the point that we would cheer on and practically knight said rapist if he were to attack the latter man while both were in prison. Madness.

Some of them believed they were talking to 11 year olds. Do you feel the same about that?

Amd however you feel about having sex with 15 year olds, in the eyes of the law they can't give consent and its still rape
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starzz wrote: »
    but these men think they are chatting to under age boys/girls and they think they are sending these pics t to these under age boys/girls they think they are going to meet an under age boy/girl

they may think they are chatting to them but they still haven't actually gone through with anything. the guy is going to get trolled one day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Some of them believed they were talking to 11 year olds. Do you feel the same about that?

No, I do not feel the same about that. There is a big difference between 11-year-olds and those almost half-a-decade older.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hunter23 wrote: »
    they may think they are chatting to them but they still haven't actually gone through with anything. the guy is going to get trolled one day.

but they have gone through with it , it's grooming !
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why are you irritated?

An older guy is preying on who he thinks is a 14 year old boy & suggesting sexual things the boy could do to him.

That's wrong full stop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Amd however you feel about having sex with 15 year olds, in the eyes of the law they can't give consent and its still rape

In the eyes of the law and in reality are two different things. It use to be the case that gay men under 21 could not give consent in the eyes of the law. The reality was different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gerry d wrote: »
    An older guy is preying on who he thinks is a 14 year old boy & suggesting sexual things the boy could do to him.

That's wrong full stop.

Can't work out why something like that irritates you?

I never mentioned 14-year-olds. Don't change the parameters.

It irritates me because Stinson has chosen to buy in to the government-sponsored motion that all 15-year-olds are intellectually incapable of consenting to sex and that anyone attracted to 15-year-olds is a 'paedophile' with an unnatural perversion.

All of these are fallacies.

When I was 15, I was quite capable of consenting to sex and once met-up with a person older than me. I refuse to be viewed or treated by society as some sort of abused victim.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    People need to learn what a paedophile is before using the word, So many incorrect uses of it, Even in the press