Options

Breaking News - Alan Henning has been beheaded

Comments

• Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad for Alan's family, I seen his ill father on the news earlier, pleading for his son's life.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Religion of peace my arse! It's time for our government to face up to the fact that we've got a serious problem here and we need to f***ing do something about it!

I have to agree with Penny and ask what do you think this government could do to find these scum in our midst?. The law isn't set up to allow us to deal with them in a quick and decisive manner.
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm fairly certain that the government are fully aware that we've got a serious problem. What exactly do you suggest they do? Storm in and kill hundreds of innocent people in an attempt to root out the extremists in their midst?[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea...dont they kill innocent people
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nuke the ***** >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    the air campaign needs to be stepped up
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think we should put boots on the ground. It will be carnage. As Col Bob Stewart has just said, the middle eastern countries in the area should do their bit but they are sitting back waiting for us and the US to do the job for them. They are at immediate risk from ISIS so they should be on the frontline and not just sitting back letting the West do it for them.
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Nuke the ***** >:(>:(>:(

Sexbomb for Primeminister...As that gets my vote
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    just dump a few ebola victim bodies in the country, problem solved.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    Absolutely despicable.

The man did nothing but help people over there.

How on earth do they think it'll help their cause, it just makes the countries fighting them even more determined?

I don't think they give a damn about doing anything that will help their cause. Their real 'cause' is to live the exciting life of powerful murdering scum bags. They clearly love it. They're kids in the biggest sweet shop.

That poor, poor man. R.I.P.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    Very sad for Alan's family, I seen his ill father on the news earlier, pleading for his son's life.
    That was John Cantlie's Father, another hostage.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 40,044
    Forum Member

I applaud your ridiculous response.
  • Options
    Popcorn4461Popcorn4461 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I, along with thousands of people across the country, am feeling very angry about this. The thing is that this depraved individual is clearly from our country. Knowing the huge families Muslims have, someone, somewhere must know it is their son, first cousin, second cousin, grandson, uncle, nephew or even husband. Yes, his face is covered but, the eyes combined with the voice must be recognisable to someone so why has no-one out a name fiorward? As for David Cameron saying he will be caught and will feel the full force of British justice..... Well ..... That means a long period in prison,with his every Muslim need catered for or he'll apply to the ECHR for breach of his human rights. He should be hunted down and hung, drawn and quartered. I hope Alan's family can find some comfort in the knowledge that he was an honourable man with a huge heart who lost his life helping people in a foreign land. My thoughts will be with them in the coming days and I hope the messages they receive from the public will help them through this extremely sad time.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I'm sick to the back teeth of the disease that is Islam and the atrocities that are carried out across the world in its name. I'm even more sick of the failure of our government to stop its insidious growth in our own country, let alone in the middle east.

Terrorist atrocities, British hostages beheaded, British soldiers beheaded on the street in broad daylight, honour killings, Islamic faith schools promoting fundamentalism, hate preachers, British-born Muslims fighting for IS and others openly supporting them by displaying flags right under our noses... the list goes on and on.

Religion of peace my arse! It's time for our government to face up to the fact that we've got a serious problem here and we need to f***ing do something about it![/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain that the government are fully aware that we've got a serious problem. What exactly do you suggest they do? Storm in and kill hundreds of innocent people in an attempt to root out the extremists in their midst?

That sounds like an extremely good idea.

I want to know what our government is going to do about the problem we have with Islam in this country... besides spouting the usual bollocks about Islam being a "religion of peace."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    Sexbomb for Primeminister...As that gets my vote

haha :D

On a serious note it's very sad that these bastards should carry out such a barbaric act on another british citizen, it's about time now that ISIS, Al-queda and the like were wiped off the face of the planet. I can see another long bloody war out there in the near future and more years of bloodshed. these ***** don't deserve to ******* live to carry out such cruel acts of terror and murder.

R.I.P Alan and thoughts with your family :(
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    I don't think we should put boots on the ground. It will be carnage. As Col Bob Stewart has just said, the middle eastern countries in the area should do their bit but they are sitting back waiting for us and the US to do the job for them. They are at immediate risk from ISIS so they should be on the frontline and not just sitting back letting the West do it for them.

That is the reason for them not becoming too involved. Turkey are peed off at the west for arming the Peshmerga, and have only just agreed in their parliament to assist the coalition, what that "assistance" is worth is another matter as there are a lot of IS sympathisers in the country.

The whole middle east area is now on a tipping point, as IS affiliates are popping up in several countries throughout Africa, and even Iran seem to be worried by their spread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    The trouble is Western governments fight political wars these days; they want to be seen to do something but they don't want to be seen to do too much. They need to shit or get off the pot.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    It's easy to say that, but their armies are just not up to it, except Turkey, perhaps Jordan also.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like your thinking but you would end up wiping out innocent civilians too so not a brilliant idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member

That sounds like an extremely good idea.

I want to know what our government is going to do about the problem we have with Islam in this country... besides spouting the usual bollocks about Islam being a "religion of peace."

Hundreds/thousands of Muslims being killed by Muslims in Iraq and Syria. People talking about Muslims killing Muslims in the UK. Who exactly do you think has the bigger problem with Islam right now?
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    That was John Cantlie's Father, another hostage.

Apologies.
    Got names mixed.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

Hundreds/thousands of Muslims being killed by Muslims in Iraq and Syria. People talking about Muslims killing Muslims in the UK. Who exactly do you think has the bigger problem with Islam right now?

How did that end up being my quote? ^^^ I never said that:confused:
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    That is the reason for them not becoming too involved. Turkey are peed off at the west for arming the Peshmerga, and have only just agreed in their parliament to assist the coalition, what that "assistance" is worth is another matter as there are a lot of IS sympathisers in the country.

The whole middle east area is now on a tipping point, as IS affiliates are popping up in several countries throughout Africa, and even Iran seem to be worried by their spread.

Yes its really scary. The trouble is that the various factions within Islam just don't get on together and, as that is never going to happen, I don't ever see an end to it

How can they say that Islam is a faith of peace when they fight amongst themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How did that end up being my quote? ^^^ I never said that:confused:

I don't know the quote obviously messed up. Wasn't aimed at you :)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew this would happen. Yeah, well, they won't think they're so big and 'clever' when they're eventually captured.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muze wrote: »
    Rest easy mate..... the monsters need to be nuked, sod their women an children just blow them up!

When I read things like this, I always imagine the writer fitting right in with IS. :( I've no idea how anyone could ever wish death on innocent people.