Options

Breaking News - Alan Henning has been beheaded

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    It's grooming

Sure it is. Any excuse to stop these 'rebellious' teenagers taking responsibility of their actions, eh.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    Indeed so.

If one good thing has come from Islamic State, it's that muslims here are starting to condemn such barbarism as not being representative of Islam, which would show mercy to a man of peace such as Alan Henning. Moreover, I sense they are worried about a possible backlash, hence the newly formed group "not in my name", which essentially is Muslims against IS.

Basically a gang of murderers has hi-jacked the Islamic religion and used it to justify some of the most the most heinous crimes imaginable.[/QUOTE]

BIB - in a nutshell.

The answer isn't meeting violence with violence and taking more innocent lives in retaliation - I have no idea if and how it could happen but some sort of mediation and an attempt at 'understanding' each others stand points really seems the only way forward.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    As a Non Muslim, i am very worried about the growth of this so called Religion in our Country. Whether we like it or not we are a western Country with western beliefs. We drink alcohol, rightly or wrongly in large amounts, we listen to music, we watch films, we wear clothes we want to wear etc..... this religion wants no part of this, they want no part of a western society, they look down on all non believers, ive known a lot of Muslims who are nice people to our faces, but hate our way of life. Ive been in Taxi's where the taxi driver has spouted his hate of the British culture and all i can do is sit and listen, because if you defend it you are seen as being racist .

What has Islam given this Country ?? they are allowed Mosques whenever they want them, they are allowed to get away with making their women cover themselves from head to toe and treat them like dirt. You have to ask yourself what religion in this the modern world makes people visit a place of worship 5 times a day and separates women from Men, if it wasnt done in the name of Islam you wouldnt allow this kind of thing, but because it is a "Religion" it is allowed.

Why do Muslims and Extremist Muslims live in a western Country they hate, my Father said 30 years ago to watch out for Muslims but everyone thought he was being racist, he wasnt being racist he was being realistic. i fear for the next 20 years of this Country, i don't hate anyone, i don't understand why people want to be religious but if they do that is up to them, but this religion has started to interfere with all our lives in one way and another and i am very fearful of the future ( i dare say people will say i'm being racist for having these fears) but i believe them to be something that is becoming more and more true as the years go by.

I tend to agree with a lot of that, if you insert extremist in various places, but not the taxi driver bit and you have to remember the vast majority of Muslims in the UK are non-extremists, unlike ISIS or IS (whatever they are called this week). What I do worry about is the extremist Islamists getting their way in the UK, as they are very vocal.

Besides, when I get into a taxi, the last thing I want to talk about is religion, especially late at night. I just want to get home. We might have a bit of casual chit chat, like the driver asking me where I've been and I'd say 'I've been to London to see a few mates yadda yadda'.

RIP Alan Henning. Another own goal scored there in terms of world recognition and respect.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Yes, as I already mentioned in my previous post. I said they should be investigated and they have been - I'm glad to hear it.

So anyone who wears this type of chothing should be investigated, so the way not to be investigated is not to wear things like this and just wear jeans and a t shirt so no longer SEEN to be what you call extremists, but does that change what the person is or what they are thinking.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Well if they are Muslim they would dress like that wouldn't they? They were entering a Muslim country and in dangerous territory - whilst they may wear jeans and t shirt at home - why would they wear it in Syria?

In lot of the pictures they have shown of the group they are wearing jeans and a t-shirt (and jumpers and anoraks... it was December on that last trip), even on the trips. In the videos his friends made to appeal for his release they were wearing Muslim dress but they I think that is a good idea, given who they were appealing to.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The answer isn't meeting violence with violence and taking more innocent lives in retaliation - I have no idea if and how it could happen but some sort of mediation and an attempt at 'understanding' each others stand points really seems the only way forward.

Sorry Penny, but IS isn't interested in "understanding" anything.

Their stated intention is a WORLDWIDE caliphate. This means the total destruction of any form of western democracy, so all that can be done is to try to get those in the area (such as the Kurds, or the Iraqui's) to deal with them on the ground. Ideally a broad based Muslim coalition would be the best way forward, but frankly the various countries are too terrified of IS to rattle their cage in this way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    In lot of the pictures they have shown of the group they are wearing jeans and a t-shirt (and jumpers and anoraks... it was December on that last trip), even on the trips. In the videos his friends made to appeal for his release they were wearing Muslim dress but they I think that is a good idea, given who they were appealing to.

Dont think is really matters what they were wearing,
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that strikes me is that the killer hasnt got the guts to show his face in these videos. I suppose to show his face would to open up his family here in britain to retribution.

Another angle to this killing has been to close my eyes and ears to suffering overseas. Because this is what happens if you give them your time. You get held hostage for a couple of months and then get murdered and your death is posted on the internet for the world to see

Payback is demanded for hennings death and it has to come sooner rather than later in whatever form is warranted. imho
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do I know more than MI5? They obviously thought the same as what I'm saying - ie, these other aid workers could have been complicit in Alan Henning's kidnap.
    Standard police work to check those who were with the victim at the time of the crime. But you were more than suggesting that they were linked to kidnapping because they "looked extremist".
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are not getting how it works round here.:D

If you report any conversation with a Muslim that is at all negative you are a liar/wum/troll.

If you report any conversation with a Muslim that is positive it's the gospel truth.

Quite. Happily it's so patently transparent to be laughable. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tim59 wrote: »
    Dont think is really matters what they were wearing,

I don't think ISIL care what anyone thinks of them or whether someone is a devout Muslim or not tbh. They are killing thousands devout Muslims after all. But I can understand why Alan Henning's friends would dress in formal Muslim attire when making their appeals.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Skyclaw726 wrote: »
    You expect me to treat everyone i see on the internet as a serious person?

I don't expect anything. Quite honestly, I still don't know what was so unclear about my original post. You've assumed I was laughing at 'funny words' in an unsuccessful attempt at tarring me as a racist. Some of the comments and attitudes on that thread are indefensible.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The answer is exactly meeting violence with violence.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Bomb them into oblivion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, another extremist nutter - and from Britain, where else? I'm waiting for all the left wingers to say it's made up because it's in the Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2780253/Supermarket-jihadi-s-call-arms-Former-Morrisons-worker-travelled-Syria-join-Islamic-State-challenges-David-Cameron-send-ground-troops-Iraq.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So could you put up pictures of what non islamic extremist look like,

Sure! :D

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/1000x665150.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah, another extremist nutter - and from Britain, where else? I'm waiting for all the left wingers to say it's made up because it's in the Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2780253/Supermarket-jihadi-s-call-arms-Former-Morrisons-worker-travelled-Syria-join-Islamic-State-challenges-David-Cameron-send-ground-troops-Iraq.html

You get extremists in every country part of life, There used to be another term used as well A mercenary is a person who takes part in an armed conflict who is not a national or a party to the conflict and is "motivated to take part in the hostilities by the desire for private gain.", and alot of x uk soldiers used to sell thier service to help fight in other counties for private gain= lots of money
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member

Aww, look at the poor little darling. He's just rebelling. It's a phase. He's merely been groomed so he doesn't really know what he's doing. He means no harm...
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get extremists in every country part of life
    Yeah, Christianity's also got its fair share of extremists as well.
  • Options
    MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You get extremists in every country part of life

Like Ebola and other noxious diseases they appear to be on the increase.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not that I am particularly left-wing, but why would anyone say that was 'made up' - it is clear that hundreds of British Muslims have gone to fight for ISIL.
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Yeah, Christianity's also got its fair share of extremists as well.

Not like this, not even in the same ballpark.